Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Roman shipwreck in Texas?

bernhardt

I read that circa 1886, the wreck of an unusual ship was found in Galveston Bay, Texas (USA). Professor Belfiglio says this ship's construction is typically Roman. Can anybody explain to me more about this strange discovery? Where are now the remains of this shipwreck?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• reese2

• bernhardt

• Nie

• blazeboy84

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It could be possibly the vikings, they stole gold coins all over the lands and came to vinland, may be they journeyed into the heat of the texas lands because they were so cold in greenland or vinland.

Well, that is basically all the info I found... If I had more patience, I may be able to find more, but it doesn't paticularly interest me too much.. Someone here will probably know something about it.

tongue.gif

Oh, in 1976, a local fisherman in the island of the Governador, in the Guanabara bay (Brasil), found 3 enourmous jars, that latter were identified has similar to greek jars... the jars were then closely examined and surprisingly the experts said they were made in brasil ( they analised the clay) somewere 1500 years ago...

This story was talked again by the year 2000, because some divers claimed to have found a greek/roman shipwreck, but my government (Portugal) and the brasilian government didnt allowed any more research in the wreck site