Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Islamic Terrorism before 9/11

supercar

I think you hit the nail on the head. Osama bin Laden's plan backfired. Osama bin Laden's plan has been a complete failure.

But I think WE also made the mistake of going into Iraq. I totally understand why they went into Afghanistan.. but then they jump to Iraq, and WE STILL HAVE NOT CAPTURED Osama!

It probably would not make a difference if they did...but still.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Avinash_Tyagi

• AROCES

• supercar

• Cinders

Yes, Osama started this - he had a tizzy fit about the US helping the Saudis - long ago. They asked for our help, and they had said NO to Osama, and Osama was p***ed off about that! That's sort of where it all started...

I read somewhere a couple years ago-in print actually, if I'm remembering correctly, that UBL's decent into hate and hell began when he was a playboy back in the late '70s and early '80s in Germany, a woman (presumably western) supposedly laughed at the size of his penis. I wish I could find it on the net (I admit, I haven't looked that hard) but it makes a interesting twist-however unverified.

Edited by Pinky Floyd

Not sure where to post this... but just a "heads-up"

Speaking of 9/11/2001.. as I was watching a CNN Larry King Live recording regarding Irwin, I caught the commercial showing this:

user posted image

Read more about this here:

http://www.cnn.com/pipeline/landing/index.sept11.html

---- off topic a bit, but more HEADS UP on TV as some might be interested in this ----

I just checked (titantv.com which is better than TVguide.com) and it shows this schedule for the History Channel:

(it is a Premier which I believe this is the first time they've ever played this)

World War III: Beyond Lebanon HIST 37 09/08/2006 8:00 PM

World War III: Beyond Lebanon HIST 37 09/09/2006 12:00 AM

World War III: Beyond Lebanon HIST 37 09/10/2006 6:00 PM

The description shows: This special examines the history behind the recent war in Lebanon and the potential for this regional crisis to erupt into a global conflict. We analyze how Hezbollah's alliances with Syria, Iran, and other countries, along with Israel's close ties to the United States, could help propel what began as a border skirmish into World War III.

I will to record this to my computer... I know some people do not get this channel.

----

Also, when I was searching, I found this too:

Anthony Bourdain in Beirut

7:00 PM, 1 hr

Sun 09/17/2006

TRAVEL 65 Other/Documentary/Travel

TVPG, English, 2006

An intimate look at the culture of the Lebanon capital, filmed days before fighting began in 2006.

(I will record this as well if anyone is interested)

---------------------

Oh and how convenient!!! :

Al-Jazeera Airs Pre-9/11 Bin Laden Tape

Al-Jazeera Airs What It Says Is a Videotape Showing Bin Laden Meeting With 9/11 Hijackers

The Associated Press

CAIRO, Egypt Sep 7, 2006 (AP)— Al-Jazeera broadcast Thursday what it called a previously unshown video in which al-Qaida chief Osama bin Laden is seen meeting with some of the Sept. 11 hijackers. The station did not say how it obtained the video, which was produced by As-Sahab, al-Qaida's media branch.

The video showed bin Laden sitting with his former lieutenant Mohammed Atef and Ramzi Binalshibh, another suspected planner of the Sept. 11, 2001, suicide hijackings.

Atef, also known as Abu Hafs al-Masri, was killed by a U.S. airstrike in Afghanistan in 2001. Binalshibh was captured four years ago in Pakistan and is in U.S. custody, and this week President Bush announced plans to put him on military trial.

In the video, bin Laden was wearing a dark robe and white headgear walking in a mountainous area. He smiled as he greeted several men, which the tape said were Sept. 11 hijackers.

Source

See ABC Video on this here

Read / Watch another report on this with BBC

*BLAH!*

And IF you missed this, CNN will be playing this show again:

user posted image

CNN Presents

In the Footsteps of Bin Laden

4:00 PM, 2 hrs and AGAIN at 7 pm.

Sun 09/10/2006

Other/Documentary

English, 2006

Christiane Amanpour profiles Al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden, the man behind the events of Sept. 11, 2001. Included: interviews with his relatives, old friends, a former teacher, fellow jihadists, a bodyguard, and the wife of a Qaeda suicide bomber.

Edited by Cinders

I read somewhere a couple years ago-in print actually, if I'm remembering correctly, that UBL's decent into hate and hell began when he was a playboy back in the late '70s and early '80s in Germany

It is an interesting coincidence that Osama bin Laden and Adolf Hitler were both subjected to chemical weapons attacks. Bin Laden in Afghanistan during the Soviet occupation. Hitler in WW1. Both of them turned into megalomaniacs. Maybe something in the chemicals they were exposed to had something to do with it.

This show played on the History Channel last night called :

user posted image

See short online "Preview" here:

http://www.zippyvideos.com/344684138596305...ebanon_preview/

See part 1 of 2 online here:

WWIII? Beyond Lebanon pt 1 of 2

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/636584

See part 2 of 2 online here:

WWIII? Beyond Lebanon pt 2 of 2

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/636808

(If you have trouble with the ONLINE shows, hit pause for a bit, wait for it to load, then hit play)

Or you can also download this from the links below.

PLEASE NOTE : the download links below will expire after 7 days of no activity.

Download part 1 here:

Name: WWIII_Beyond_Lebanon_part1.wmv

Size: 58MB

Description: WWIII? Beyond Lebanon pt. 1 of 2

The download link is: http://www.sendspace.com/file/nb9zag

Download part 2 here:

Name: WWIII_Beyond_Lebanon_part2.wmv

Size: 55MB

Description: WWIII? Beyond Lebanon pt. 2 of 2

The download link is: http://www.sendspace.com/file/8dhw1i

After watching this show, and other things I've recorded and watched recently, I have a terrible sinking feeling my 3 yr. old twin boys will have to be part of some horrible "Human Tribal War" in the future. And as a mother, this depresses me very much. I already have one son,(my son-in-law) in Ramadi, Iraq right now.. *sigh*

When will we ever learn from our past mistakes that WAR is not always the answer?

*praying for PEACE always*

Edited by Cinders

I have a terrible sinking feeling my 3 yr. old twin boys will have to be part of some horrible "Human Tribal War" in the future

Human tribal war has been a constant since the beginning of the human race. It's not something President Bush or Osama bin Laden invented.

The fault lies with Osama and Osama only. this was not Bush's fault, nor Clintons! it is soley Osama's fault and may Osama die a gruesome death!

Are you for real?

The fault lies with Osama and Osama only. this was not Bush's fault, nor Clintons! it is soley Osama's fault and may Osama die a gruesome death!

Osama didn't fly airplanes into buildings. He is still alive right?

Human tribal war has been a constant since the beginning of the human race. It's not something President Bush or Osama bin Laden invented.

Sadly it is human nature.