Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Born behind the Veil

Walter22

Ever since I was a child I’ve always had dreams come true and I’ve been able to feel other people’s emotions. My mother recently told me that I was “born behind the veil” meaning that my face was covered in a mask of sorts that had to be peeled away very carefully. This runs in my family and my great-grandmother, my sister, and other relatives were also born this way. I did some research on the subject and found that the correct name for a person like me is a Caulbearer. But the sites were really weird and had little to no information of use. If anyone knows anything about this please reply I would like to learn more about my gift. I also read that births like mine are one in eighty thousand.

• Like 1

It’s more like one in a thousand, and it’s just a harmless membrane. It’s the remnants of the amniotic sac, and although isn’t hereditary it is more commonly present in premature babies, which I believe can be hereditary in cases. Some believe it to be a sign of good fortune, but I’ve never heard of it being linked with any psychic abilities before.

I presume the information you got was from www.caulbearer.org; looking at that site I wouldn’t trust it as far as I could throw it. It actually has to explain to it’s readership that a ‘1 in X’ chance of something doesn’t mean there will always be one occurrence in X amount of people. Hmm…

Well walter22 i was born with exact same thing .

I also do have the same things as dreams coming true and other ability's , but i seem to agree sthenno for my great grandfather was also born with one and he showed nor telled of any psychic abilities at all . But then again maby he just didn't feel comfortable in telling anyone that he is psychic in any ways , Which i find very unbelievable for he was a very open person.

i'm sure these dreams that come true and feeling emotions is something that was passed down from your family members . Maby a caul is something that is passed down aswell as some family's great granfather , grandfather , son so on ... get in grown toe nails ( yes i do have them :angry2: ) all dealing with the genes and such.

Anyways this is my two cents and would like to say hello too all for this is my first time posting on these forms.

regards/

• 11 years later...

Sthenno - you are wrong.  Being born behind the veil as I was is different from the baby being born in the whole sac which is far more common.  Being a caulbearer is being born with just the face mask/veil and it is rare  - around 1 in 80,000 births.   Some mothers do not realise the significance of the caul and do not keep them as they should.  The African midwife that was present at my birth told mum it was very lucky and asked if she could she keep it.   Unfortunately my mum gave it to her.  I am quite psychic (had many experiences) and have always felt that a part of me was missing.   Caulbearers provoke very strong feelings in people both positive and negative.   We are frequently misunderstood and realise we are "different".  

You do realize this thread hasn't been active in 12 years. So there is very little chance that anyone who was first a part of it is still here.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Goddess15 said:

Yes I can read! S of what you replied.  Maybe the topic is of interest still.

Since the person you answered is long gone, I doubt it.......

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Goddess15 said:

Yes I can read! S of what you replied.  Maybe the topic is of interest still.

Plus there is zero factual evidence in relation to a birth anomaly and "psychic powers". 

• Like 1

Sorry but this thread is really old and the original folks participating in it long gone. And we do also have more recent discussions on this subject.

Thread closed.

• Like 2

• The topic was locked