Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Evolution Of UFOs

Blood Angel

Airships Of 1896-97

From november 1896 to the middle of 1897 thousands of people across the United States reported seeing the lights of an airship in the sky. As this was some four years before the acknowledged first flight of an airship, it has been specualted that the airship was of extra terrestrial origin. However, the likelihood of its being a prototype experimental Earth airship is very high and indeed one E. J. Pennington is credited with being its owner. When asked, he admitted he had a airship undergoing repairs in brown county, indiana, which in fact correlated with a report by two witnesses from that area.

Some of the reported cases were undoubtedly the pranks of the media at the time, but other cases were thought provoking.

If some of the airships were of extraterrestrial origin then it would confirm the theory of cultural tracking which suggests that many of the devices of the aliens are very similar to the technology of earth at the time. This of course has led to speculation about the true nature of so-called alien intervention.

Airship reports 1909

Just as a few years before in America airships had been reported so a wave of reports was recieved across Europe in 1909. The strange language of the occupants has subsequently given rise to the speculation that these were of extra terrestrial origin but against the tension in Europe of the impending First World War and the use of airships within the war, the explanation for these events is more likely to be "down to earth".

Anchors Dropped by UFOs

During the 1897 airship wave in america there were reports of the airships trailing anchors, some of which were ensnared as they trailed along the ground. One such example from Merkel, Texas, found the anchor caught on a rail. A person was reported descending down a rope and cutting fee the anchor which became a exhibit at the local blacksmith's shop.

There is great similarity betweent this and a case in approximately the year 1211 in Cloera, Ireland. In that case a similar event resulted in the anchor being caught on the roof of a church. None of the entities involved in these cases were captured, although an attempt was ade in Cloera which was forbidden by the bishop.

Certainly the 1897 case could well have been a terrestrial airship though it hardly seems to apply to the 1211 case. In any event, if these cases are held to be examples of extraterrestrial visitation then it is also clear example of cultural tracking where the hardware of the aliens appears to mirror very closely the hardware of our own time. By the time we approach the space age the aliens' hardware has also approached space age technology, but in these early years they were apparently satisfied with propellar driven airships.

Cultural Tracking

Many UFO researchers in the forty odd years since Kenneth Arnold's sighting have noticed that there is a tendency for UFO sightings to mirror the capabilities of Earth Technology of the time.

This extends as far back as the airship waves of 1896-97 and 1909 when the UFOS were reported as airship shaped, een including propellars and passenger compartments beneath. In these times we find that UFOs appeared to be able to fly at speeds somewhat in excess of but not greatly beyond, the scope of our own airships. As our own aircraft have increased their capabilities so have UFOs. As we have come to accept the possibility of much greater speeds, so we find them being reported.

Witnesses aboard flying saucers have reported, for example, Chunky number counters on the saucer control panels, but we did not have reports of liquid quartz readouts until we ouselves had invented them.

In the cases of many contactees, the messages given by the aliens related to the human fears of the time - such as the devolpement of the atomic bomb. Itmight have been useful had those contactees been given messages back in the 1950s warning us of the impending problems we were going to create with, say, the ozone layer, but then again these are comspicous only by their absence.

The precise relationship between "their" technology and ours is therefore a matter of study though no conclusions are easy to reach. To some extent it may be a case of our interpreting what we see thru our own terminology and experience, which might account for the similarity of modern reports to those in the sixteenth century of abductions ascribed to faeries and elves. to some extent it may relate to an outside agency, i.e. the speculated extraterrestrial visitors, only needng to match our capabilitys in order to do their work and having to step up their own abilities when we stepped up ours.

However, there must be some suspicion that witnesses are, possibly subconsiously, modifying the claims of the geniune experiences in order to make them credible within the context of the time. This is not to suggest that the witnesses are lying but possibly only that they are unable to believe what they are really seeing and thus reducing the extent of the extra-ordinary nature of the sightings. To this extent researchers must be aware that evidence could be unreliable.

There are cases where cultural tracking appears to be overridden; in the case of the betty hill abduction, and a similar report recieved in the case of betty andreasson, the witnesses reported the insertion of some kind of probe hrough their navel. It is held that this kind of medical examination was not made at the time of these claims but in fact such probes are now used.

Phew that took a age to type, credits gotoThe UFO Encyclopedia Compiled and edited by John Spencer for the british UFO research association. Published by healine books. i'll add my comments when i get some comments off you the reader >_>, now i must cool my burning fingers.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Engulf

• Blood Angel

• dust19

• Universal Absurdity

Fooh that was some long but very interesting stuff.Thank you Blood Angel. thumbsup.gif

So what they're saying here is the Aliens are attempting to mimic our sort of culture, our tech by that far so that they could go unaware?? blink.gif *scratches head*

Aiks,I think I need more explanation as I don't quite get it here. sad.gif

Or are they starting it off on-par with us and actually overtook us as times goes by?? blink.gif Ar,I still don't get it wacko.gif .Sorry but pls do enlighten me in this. original.gif

i must say, that is very interesting ...it reminded me of when i read The Demon Haunted World by Carl Sagan, a lot of the same points were brought up , more on the skeptical side...comparing succubus,incubus, witches, etc...with modern day ufo's and aliens, and claiming that it is all a part of human nature. or at least thats what i got from it

it does make sense tho, either way - if its aliens in the ufo's, using technology that could be terrestrrial as 'camoflage' or if its humans - using technology thats within our grasp or slightly advanced.

i dont know tho...some of the videos ive seen have some insane manuvers. if thats human technology id be very surprised

Ok heres the cultural tracking theory in a nutshell, "aliens" are perhaps mimicking our tech not only to "blend" in with the current surroundings, but also to make the experience of any abductee seem as real as it possibly can be. About current time UFOs however as it said above they do advance their apparent tech to keep one step ahead of us, thus providing the edge on any would be attackers (not mentioning any countrys here whistling2.gif ). But as it also states above, it could also be part of the witnesses sub conscious to understand the event, or perhaps modified their report to make it sound more realistic, so they won't be ridiculed. However either way its one of the most interesting theorys out there IMHO.

I like to look at it with added bits, perhaps they are showing what we are capable of? or maybe showing us what tech we already have? One only has to see the storys that come from area 51, and sees a connection.

Ok I get it now BA,thank you. thumbsup.gif

I suppose those aliens are rather good-hearted though if they are showing us some 'tech-guiding' intentions here.But from what I've read,I bet it's not gonna be the EBE's or the Sauroids since they're planning to take us out in the future. dontgetit.gif Ok say if the aliens are indeed showing us the tech we currently have & together with the gov. trying thier very best to cover everything up,wouldn't the gov. be chasing for thier heads for doing those stuff??Or probably just some 'tips' from them ? blink.gifwacko.gif I don't have much to elaborate here so I'll just follow up to any future post/s. original.gif

I see where your coming from here, lets say your a benevolent alien speices, who as a race which to help other lifeorms achieve the same standards. You visit earth and find a huge mob of mankey men sending lesser monkeys into space with primitive fossil fuelled rockets, which are also highly dangerous. Being peaceful and wishing to help you contact the most advanced nation on the planet, you tell them you want to help technologically and scientifically, as you see great potential in them. The governments says yes but on ONE condition you don't directly interfere with its future or growth. So you agree being peaceful and trusting. But oh gosh they didn't tell you the part where they would keep the tech for themselves not for all nations, keep it all hidden in base and lie through there teeth that such a base does not exist, prevent advances in science that could have changed the world in a split second, just incase it might damage their reputation as being the most superior or give weaknesses away to the enemy. You the peaceful aliens keep your word but theres nothing to stop you from dropping hints, annoying the governemnt you supplyed to by disrupting power grids and stopping missile launchs, and flying your unknown craft around in a bid to confuse everyone, create giant crop circles and patterns everywhere tryingt o get thru to the common man.

But heres another outlook, lets say there are two races one peaceful and watching us with mild intent, and another warlike and out to cause trouble. The warlike creates a alliance with a government, it doesn't matter who as long as they can manipulate them, give them gifts of technology and weapons to keep them sweet, and thinking that they are on their side. The peaceful ones are not having this no way, so they abduct us, tell us whats going on, fly around in craft, trying to show us whats going on behind the scenes, a warning if you will, of impending doom? or perhaps the warlike are not as trustworthy as they seem and like to run amok and annoy the governments of this small planet in a bid to show them whos boss......

I have a problem with this cultural mimic theory. Say possibly, people only report certain "craft" as being within the realm of current technology because the craft really are within current technology because they are manmade and have nothing to do with aliens at all?

-OR-

another way to look at it could be that mankind really has no way to explain these experiences other than based on what they already know and are familiar with. You know....like a 'flaming chariot'. Were the aliens trying to mimic current technology in the bible?

Does anyone agree with this? Or am I not getting it..... I'm really interested in this.

Oh yes BA,that's some very good points too.I've heard about certain abductions that warned the abductees of a future disaster on Earth if we're not too careful with our actions and even some just to knock some bloody sense into our stoneheads that the sucker lots (Sauroids and Insectoids & EBE's) have already begun thier plan on invading our planet.And that alien race I would like to stress out did not shove those gadget thingies up our nose into our brains.From what I've read,the sole purpose of this gadgethingy is by giving them (stupid aliens) the ability to control our minds in the future when they're executing thier goddamn invasion. disgust.gif

The warlike creates a alliance with a government, it doesn't matter who as long as they can manipulate them, give them gifts of technology and weapons to keep them sweet, and thinking that they are on their side.

The Illuminatis (Bavarians) ?From what I know,this suckers even propose a goddamn deal with this outsiders that they could invade this planet in exchange for 1/4 of planet Earth and all those super-tech from them!!Dorks,can't you see it??They're here for the cheese!! tongue.giflaugh.gif I mean seriously,they're putting the fate of mankind without our knowing?? mad.gif

Hmm,yes BA,maybe the gov. are allowing the good 'guys' to do those stuff but I'd still don't agree in this.Even if the gov. wouldn't care much about this,but I bet the Sauroids would dispose them instantenously because one way or another,they'd be causing a big wreck in thier invasion plans.So.......I'm still scratching my head in this..... dontgetit.gif

Ok lets suppose the NWO/illuminati theory is correct (of which i am a believer), and the proposed destruction of 2/3rds of the world population takes place as it has been "said", do you think the sauroids/reptoids/grays/whoever would care? As far as a tactical mind can see, it is better to take on a billion angry humans rather than 9 billion, think about it, the world erupts in one big civil war, while we the good guys are dealing with our problems just when we think we have them beat, the damn aliens march in and ruin our parade. i have no doubt that the illuminati are in control of our governments, and that they have been helped by aliens in maintaining hold of the world. but this is leaning more towards conspiracy, i have my own theorys for that but alas this isn't a conspiracy thread maybe we could continue that aspect in the other board?

Dust19: firstly, the aliens are copying our tech to make themselves look "normal" they may think that just because area 51 and other secrets are made, that everyone has them? I tend to think that the craft we see flying is within our technological grasp, if they are electromagnetically powered then i could make one in my backyard, its not difficult and you don't need a degree in physics to make it work either.

i think the flaming chariot, and eezekials wheel in the bible are UFO sightings only that they described it in a way that could be understood by the common man of the time.

Oh yes,it seems like I've changed the way of the topic should be going.I apologize for that. original.gif Anyway BA,I'll send a very interesting link for you regarding a Sauroid.Check your mail thumbsup.gif

yes i recieved the mail certainly something i have missed, very interesting wink2.gif i shall reply in 2 days regarding this, as it sort of coincides with my own theorys.

Hello again BA,anyway what do you think of the link I've given to you??Certainly lots of connection here & there right?I've even checked out the Denver Airport and it's like woh!! ohmy.gif I've even read about a girl who actually went 'too deep' underground and saw the Insectoids(So they do exist dontgetit.gif ),sort of devouring people in there sad.gif .Will wait for your reply BA. thumbsup.gif

I don't think the document is from a "real" reptoid, more like someones way of expressing their theorys, it does fit in quite alot with my own theorys of a evolved dinosaur species, the war between good and evil being a alien battle, and that the "angels" and "fallen angels" being alien entitys( read up on the watchers thumbsup.gif ).

However your right dulce is very interesting did you per chance check out the original artwork? and ties to NWO theory and masonic secret societys? Alot of it fits and its rather scary IMHO. I don't think the insectiod bit is true only a embelishment but the rest certainly fits.......

for instance they spent 40 days building a underground tunnel and a high tech runway, only to realise they built it in the wrong part? How the hell does a respectable engineering company make such a huge mistake (and extremely costly one), they went heavily over budget, they payed off the mayor of denver to build the airport and demolish the other one (which was in a perfect location and was much better, new denver aiport is situated in bad ground in near the mountains (!) and has very bad crosswinds, why make a new airport when you have a perfectly situated one), workers refuse to discuss what they saw when they were constructing the underground parts, why the fencing is pointing inwards (to keep people in) rather than outwards (to keep people out?). The weird murals depicting disaster, racial abuse. Various quotes on the ground, which no one has no idea what its meant to mean. The unusual biological hazard room which no one is allowed to enter without using a bio haz suit because of a "unknown form of fungus which can damage people lungs" (i would of thought being a airport with millions of people travelling thru every week that something like this should be fixed?). The subways with a unusally high levels of radiation and electro magnetic fields (which can scramble aircraft equip, mobile telephones anyone?). All very strange and fishy if you ask me.

for instance they spent 40 days building a underground tunnel and a high tech runway, only to realise they built it in the wrong part?

Oh yes BA,forgot about that one.Yup I think it's pure bulls**t that they'd be so stupid or careless or just merely a coincidence by mistakenly building a wrong 'thing' there,the thing being a very very big and insane underground tunnel.Heard that that engineer involved just said,"Oopps,built it wrongly.We'll just put a wall to cover it up blink.gif " after he supposedly made his mistake,and then case closed,nobody's talking about it anymore.You mean,you just realized your mistake after you supposedly used up hours and tonnes of stuff to make that runway?? laugh.gif I understand you do get some blurness at times but this has gone overboard,way over.

Anyway about the Reptoid thing,ok maybe it's some sort of an alternative for that someone to express his theories but have you read about that 'Reptoid''s reply to mankind's existence??It said that we actually did not evolve from monkeys,but a genetic creation of the alien race Illojims?? ph34r.gif

Oh,let's not run out of topic,I'll supply a link about the flying crafts of the ancient Indians.They call this flying crafts Vimanas.Click Here

Now this ancient Indians are even saying that they've gotten this techs from 'friends' above the skies. ph34r.gif

That link was most interesting, whats more interesting is that no-one has dug up any of these artifacts, they have been recorded in those texts so why haven't they been found, or perhaps they have and the archeeologists are afraid of telling the public the true origins of the human race and its technologys? What would you say if someone told you one day "oh we didn't invent airplanes we found one in india buried and we back engineered it". its also interesting to note that hitler (who was fanatical about such things) went to tibet and india to search for such hidden artifacts, among other things. He was so obsessed that he even went as far as obtaining the infamous spear of destiny from austria, which is also another interesting tale for another time.

Yup,Hitler's a nutcase but perhaps this is a plus for a super-curious guy like him grin2.gif .They've even dechipered some texts that suggested the ancient Indians actually had a fearsome war with the Atlanteans,also known as 'Asvins',and they were using this crafts and massive weapons (atomic bombs,lasers etc...).

Moreover it,they stated that the ancient Indians have indeed flew around with these vehicles,Asia,Atlantis presumably and even apparently S.America.Writings found at Mohenjodaro in Pakistan and still undeciphered,has also been found in one other place in the world,Easter Island!Writings on Easter Island,called Rongo-Rongo writing,is also undeciphered and is uncannily similar to the Mohenjodaro scripts.

I'll post a few links here.Hope this helps.

Link 1

Link 2

very interesting much like ancient cave paintings, which depict all manners of beings, Saucer shaped objects and such, medievil paintings and religious painting are filled with objects nowadays commonly described as UFOs, why hasn't scientists tryed to explain these? and perhaps matched them with authentic UFO photos?

I dunno about that too but what I've read somewhere before,there's this archaeological cover-up too.It says that certain findings were too amazing or terrifying for anyone to believe and that they've decided to cover a few things up in order to control the public's fear or something.It also said that there are actually more 'stuff' in Egypt (e.g. secret chambers,artifacts,tunnels etc....) and that the archaeologists had apparently covered some up to avoid the public from mass hysteria about the massive findings.Sorry no links but I've read this somewhere and I've lost the related site about this. disgust.gif

I agree with archeologits covering up things about our own history, how much of a shock would it to be say a devout christian to find out that their faith is based on extra terrestrial influences? or a hindu? or any religion? People from word go at school have been educated one way what if you woke up one morning and eveything you learnt was wrong? Its not just fear, the governments want to be seen as strong not weak, and if they let something that big out, the public would not be shocked by the truth only be shocked that the government has been lying to them for so long. The governments fear losing power..

Oh yes,that's a good point too.Well maybe the government doesn't want us to know of our origins??Maybe there are evidences we're of alien origin??Because say if we do know what's really happening,then I bet this whole world's not gonna sit down and enjoy the simple life again,what I meant was the people would be bugging those corrupted ones to let every one of thier alien secrets out.And with that,if we'd connect this to thier alien conspiracy thing (argh,here we go again grin2.gif ),it's certainly gonna affect thier NWO plans.....wooh,I dunno.Very confusing if you ask me wacko.gif .But I do believe that the ancient civilizations of this planet might hold a key to the existence of mankind.....or the least,who really are Gods. original.gif

Have you seen the roswell autopsy video? Its very interesting if you haven't seen it (and if you haven't i could send it to you?), there is still a arguement going on, on whether its fake or real....

But it does look very real, and if it is a fake its one of the best.

I saw that file in KaZaa before while browsing through for UFO vids.I'll try downloading it,that is if I can find it again.I'll inform you should I fail,thank you again BA. thumbsup.gif

Hello again BA,anyway here's a link to some UFO videos.

Right Here

I guess some may have been viewed by you already,but hope that the rest would be an interest to you. thumbsup.gif