Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

World's Tiniest Hamster?

Cufflink

user posted imageA hamster so small he could fit into a match box could well find his way into the Guinness Book of Records. The tiny creature - called Peewee - is fully grown and yet measures less than one inch in length, weighs less than one ounce and is no higher than a 50p piece. The tiny rodent's owner, pet shop boss Mandy Bower who breeds hamsters for sale in Keighley, West Yorkshire, says she has never seen anything like him. "I think he stopped growing at three weeks old, all his brothers and sisters continued growing to around four or six inches, but he just stopped. "He'll be nine weeks old on Friday and he's from a litter of six." And Mandy, 36, said he may be small, but he's a little character with a big attitude. "He's a bit bossy with the others", she added "Hamsters sleep in a big clump and he sleeps under everybody else, in the warmest spot. "I'm surprised he hasn't been squashed to be honest with you.

"He's always first to the feeding bowl, he's got a massive appetite and the others have to eat their food around him. Ms Bower told BBC News Online she had contacted the Guinness Book of Records and they have said there are records for the oldest and the biggest hamster, but none for the smallest.

user posted image View: Full Article | Source: BBC News

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjo Koolzooie

• gollum

• Agent_21

• Cufflink

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I WUV it!!!!!!!!!!

wub.gif

I hate to ruin my big masculine image, but...

Awwwwwwwwwww...look at the likkle hamster. crying.gif

AWWW! Oh man, now I want to go out and buy a hamster wacko.gif That's almost as cute as the little thumb sized monkey in the gallary.

I think that is the cutest little thing I've ever seen! wub.gif I hope they take good care of him. original.gif

I read that they were offered £80 for him and they declined.

So chances are you can not have it. tongue.gif

That is definately cute... but i'd be afraid of losing him... and plus if that happened... the thought of knowing he was stuck somewhere in my home would scare the crap out of the wife.... hehehe.... that's not a bad idea rolleyes.gif

If you're gonna let it run around,better watch your feet though.Don't wanna have any 'splat' happening. tongue.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Can't have a Rotarstack cage with tubes really can you? Might find it difficult to grasp?

You also have to be careful with barred cages. He may sqeeze through!

Yeah, it is cute... wub.gif

Imagine it eating a peanut? Imagine it storing food in its cheek pouches!?

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif @ Benjo, ahhhhhh you getting a little carried away arn't ya sweety... here's one for ya.......imagine it fitting perfectly in your kitty's mouth. blink.gif

grin2.gif Ohhh sorry got bit by a hamster once and the little bugger hung on and on and on. wink2.gif Its a Miniature pit bull more like!

imagine it fitting perfectly in your kitty's mouth. blink.gif

Hmm, Halo... never pictured you as a hamster bashing meanie.

just a little question on hamsters. do they hybernate?,'cause i've got one that has'nt moved in a week, we keep him outside and the winter is getting close. i have checked on him and he does eventually respond so i can only assume they do hybernate? whistling2.gif

They do tend to at times yes. We have several and they are doing so around this time.

just a little question on hamsters. do they hybernate?,'cause i've got one that has'nt moved in a week, we keep him outside and the winter is getting close. i have checked on him and he does eventually respond so i can only assume they do hybernate? whistling2.gif

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You keep it outside? Are you serious?

They are very prone to cold & drafts and should be kept in a constant temperature ~ poor little sod is probably dead ohmy.gif

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You keep it outside? Are you serious?

They are very prone to cold & drafts and should be kept in a constant temperature ~ poor little sod is probably dead  ohmy.gif

It'll never dance now. laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

I bet hugh grant has offered thousands for him. tongue.gif

They had to get a restraining order on Richard Gere he was stalkin the poor thing tongue.gif

Oh Man! disgust.gif

Psycho,

You beat me to the punch on that Richard Gere joke. thumbsup.gifw00t.gif