Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Strange scratches

garry206

Hi all, I came across your site by searching for something that has been happening to me for quite a while now, hope you don't mind me sharing this with you, maybe you can throw some light on the issue???

I have, for as long as I can remember, had strange strange scratch marks appear on my body, always more than one, that appear like someone has scratched me with their nails. They can appear anywhere, usually my back and arms. Trying to convince my other half that they're not another womans passion takes some doing sometimes!

Anyway, last night, while working on my PC, I actually felt the scratch on my lower leg, on lifting my trousers, I found 5 scratches. They were fresh scratches, well I knew that because I felt them, which at first glance, look like they were made by a small hand, as the scratches varied in length, which matched finger size on a hand. I was alone in the room, so what/who was it?

I do beleive in the paranormal, mainly my mothers doing, born Friday January 13th, she thinks she has ability to pick things up from the other side, many a strange story. I did attend a spiritualist church with her on the odd occassion 5 or so years ago, until I had a bad experience, probably nothing to do with the church, but I'm a level headed bloke, I was taking no chances!

I do sense a lot of things, one occassion I said to my wife I could smell Brut aftershave in our living room (I hate the smell of it!) only for her to tell me her late father always wore it, I never knew, how would I, he died a long time before I met my wife.

Every house I live in, I sense someone is here, cold shudders, I sense someone watching or following me, going up the stairs at night is often the worst time for it to happen.

Am I losing the plot, I hope not, I'm only 31!!!!!

Thanks for listening, hope to speak to you all soon!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• garry206

• Wookie McFly

• Bella-Angelique

• boorite

Top Posters In This Topic

The subconscious is funny.

Often when a person tells a tale to others their subconscious will add in what it thinks also.

So what happened connected with the church?

I was approached by a complete stranger while in the car park of the church, who said I should take care in my life, and that there was a Victorian lady around me, trying to protect me, waving a walking stick to keep danger away.

I thought nothing of it, but I lost my Grandad and broke my arm, in the week that followed, maybe not connected, but better safe than sorry!

Well, scratches are difficult, as you may be subconciously doing them yourself while sleeping. This is the case in many instances.

In addition, it is virtually impossible to discern how large the hand which scratched you is.

--Marty

Most likely not connected.

I doubt they saw anyone around you, but if by chance they did, Victorian females are not well known for their tolerance of the behavior of others around them.

Id be happier if I was asleep, I was fully awake, not drinking or tired.

Yeah, your right, just my impression what it looks like, and maybe me thinking to much into it.

I seen something exactly like this on "A Haunting"...

However, i try not to comment on anything without valid proof, such as pictures. So if you have some, which any person would take pictures of unknown scratches on their bodies, for proof of not being insane, then by all means, send this way.

Hi Anvil,

A couple of days, it happened last night, when they appear as red marks, they are like proper scratches today, starting to heal over, if you can imagine when a cat scratches you.

Wow, OK, now I am interested. First time in about a month that someone has actually posted a picture of the problem or followed one of our suggestions. Kudos to you. Now we can get into it. :)

So you were awake when this happened? Any other feelings or atmospheric changes when you felt it?

Yeah, wide awake and fully aware, it was around this time last night, I was on PC, I felt something, looked and found this.

At the time, no, nothing at all, afterwards, strange sense of not being alone, hard to describe, I get the feeling a lot in every house I've lived in, very weird.

I can see how this experience can be quite upsetting but personally, I think you

are subconsciously doing this to yourself. You might want to look into it before

you decide that it's something paranormal.

I can see how this experience can be quite upsetting but personally, I think you

are subconsciously doing this to yourself. You might want to look into it before

you decide that it's something paranormal.

I agree. Some people can scratch themselves and the scratch not show up right away. That may be all you're experiencing.

I agree Rob, but, this does have the hallmarks of being real. Unless Gary is screwing with us... but my fakedar hasn't fired up yet, so I dunno.

Gary- When you say every house you've lived in, that makes me take pause. Can you elaborate on this some? Is this the first occurance of such scratches in your life?

We mustn't out rule the possibilty of being allergic or sensitive to something.

Looking at that pic Gary it appears there is quite a large red/pinkish area extending down the leg, is that the case or is it just how it shows in the pic?

AR wouldn't cause those scratch marks unless he was scratching... in which case this returns to the normal side of the spectrum.

Trying making these. Eat some and leave some out in a dish overnight.

It cannot hurt anything.

Rosemary Cookies

Can I ask why? That's just a weird, random thing to suggest. :huh:

Ok fellas/ladies, bit about me, 31, working, married, father of one, of sound body and mind, I'm a message board novice, I don't as a rule, but last night worried me, so much, I felt the need to look into it, I ran an internet search, and found you guys.

I can say hand on heart, I was fully alert last night, my hands were no where near my leg, when I felt it happen or appear.

I've had scratches appear before, mainly on my upper back, I've never been alert to them happening like last night.

Yeah, every house, since I was a child at home with my parents, this will sound maybe childish, but walking up the stairs, is very uncomfortable, like someone is right behind me. On more than one occassion I have got out of bed to find all the lights upstairs won't work, only for them to suddenly come back on (this happens to my mom also!).

The pink area is down to the camera flash, I only noticed on the pic.

Most people who really are "losing the plot" never suspect they're nuts.

There is a group of psychiatric disorders called "factitious disorders" in which the sufferer inflicts injuries on himself without knowing it. That is only one symptom, however, and this context doesn't seem at all typical. A psychiatric evaluation would tell you what mental illnesses you might or might not have. :D

An evaluation by an authentic trance medium would tell you what spiritual situations you might or might not have. Nothing else will. Magnetometers and thermographs are fun and all, but they can't talk.

Ok, I'll put it down to mental instability, and hide all my sharps, just in case I decide to perform open heart surgery when I next log on! :D

In all fairness, I understand your scepticism, and I'm sure there is a rational explanation.

Cheers for the chat!

Garry, Would you consider getting a medium round or getting in touch with the spiritualist church?

Edited by Anvil

Ok, I'll put it down to mental instability, and hide all my sharps, just in case I decide to perform open heart surgery when I next log on! :D

In all fairness, I understand your scepticism, and I'm sure there is a rational explanation.

I didn't say to put it down to mental instability. I said there is such a thing as "factitious disorders" where sufferers unconsciously injure themselves, but to me it doesn't sound particularly like what you describe, and a psychiatric evaluation would tell you whether or not you're really "losing the plot."

I've seen video of scratches appearing spontaneously on people's bodies and have no serious doubt that it sometimes occurs without a ready physical explanation. Whether it's a physical manifestation of something going on in one's own mind or an attack by ghosts or demons or what have you, I don't know. But an authentic medium could clue you in.

PS: Or fail to, which is just another way of clueing you in.

Edited by boorite

Most people who really are "losing the plot" never suspect they're nuts.

There is a group of psychiatric disorders called "factitious disorders" in which the sufferer inflicts injuries on himself without knowing it. That is only one symptom, however, and this context doesn't seem at all typical. A psychiatric evaluation would tell you what mental illnesses you might or might not have. :D

An evaluation by an authentic trance medium would tell you what spiritual situations you might or might not have. Nothing else will. Magnetometers and thermographs are fun and all, but they can't talk.

An explanation worth investigating. Excellent post.