Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

EXPLORERS ON THE TRAIL OF LOST CITY OF ATLANTIS

Starlyte

An expedition to the Strait of Gibraltar may solve one of the world's greatest mysteries.

For more than two millennia, many of the world's greatest adventurers, explorers and thinkers have sought the fabled Lost City of Atlantis.

Next month, an expedition to hunt for its remains among submerged Gibraltarian islands will be unveiled at the Royal Geographical Society, London, by a renowned geologist, Prof Jacques Collina-Girard, and the leaders of the Titanic expeditions.

First described by Plato in 360 BC, many have written off the story as a moralistic tale, a Utopia that was located in the mind of the Greek philosopher who used the demise of Atlantis as an allegory of how the best laid plans of mortals can go wrong.

But many have taken the lost world seriously. It inspired Jules Verne and Walt Disney, even Adolf Hitler. In 1882, the Prime Minister, Gladstone, tried (unsuccessfully) to persuade the Cabinet to fund an Atlantis exploration vessel.

Now it is to be sought by the Deep Med One expedition, planned for next summer by Prof Collina-Girard, of the University of Provence, with Commander Paul-Henri Nargeolet and George Tulloch.

The team will search a location about 20 miles south west of Tarifa, Spain, and 12 miles north west of Tangier. Using a submersible capable of reaching depths of 3,200ft, the expedition, backed by private investors and corporate sponsors, will look for signs of temples, buildings and prehistoric artefacts, such as tools and weapons.

"We hope to find artefacts there, but cannot predict this with total certainty as this area is totally unknown from a diving perspective," said Commander Nargeolet. "We will gather as much as we can in preparation for a second excavation expedition."

Full Article LINK

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starlyte

• pappagooch

• Kryso

• moe eubleck

I firmly believe that there have been multiple advanced civilizations (Atlantis, Mu, or whatever they may have called themselved or their land...) which have preceded our current civilization. It seems that the date set regarding the origin of man keeps getting pushed back further & further... But I fear that any additional discoveries made in the future to support this theory, will be "covered up" (for lack of a better phrase lol) as various governments, the catholic religion, the smithsonian museum, etc... have been know to do for their various reasons. We all know that anything which may come to light that would conflict with our history books (and prompt us to rewrite them) or conflict with the various religious institutions beliefs, has to be subdued in order to keep "their" views alive!

In the chinese legend, there is a city located on the highest mountain of Qu Dynasty. Which is so advanced, they are said to be gods. They have figured out the power of invisibility, levitation, teleportation, etc.

What chinese legend would that be? If youre gonna say something that profound, please leave a link so i can get some more info. sheesh! tongue.gif

My favourite theory about Atlantis is by one researcher, who believes Atlantis is where modern day Morocco is! ohmy.gif

I have provided a link to the site – it’s very interesting and compelling to read. And he makes his theory very believable. To me - out of all the Atlantis theories - this is the most believable.

This is how the researcher starts his theory. Click the link to read more –

Atlantis has been located everywhere from Bolivia in the Andes to the mountains in Tibet and in the Atlantic Ocean. The only sources we have are the works Timaeus and Critias by the Greek philosopher Plato ( ca 428-347 B.C ) I present, in these pages, a theory on Atlantis that corresponds to almost all of Plato´s descriptions. Atlantis was never found because we looked for an continental sized, 11 000 year old and sunken island. Atlantis is ( ironically ) placed on every world map today.

Atlantis is were modern day Morocco is! Link -