Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Using tags in posts (color,quotes, etc)

blazeboy84

I cannot do any of the things at the top. Like quote, Img etc. It just says

Edit

Edited topic's title

Edited by Phantom

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nancy

• gollum

• Saru

• Phantom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do the buttons appear above the main text box in the post screen ?

Is it the buttons themselves that don't work, or are you having problem getting the desired effects in your post when you use the buttons ?

It sounds like you may be forgetting to close the tags, for example :

[QUOTE]I want to quote this[/QUOTE]

or

[color=blue]blue text[/color]

Blazeboy. I've noticed (how could I not) that your avatar is giving a bit of problems. I took the liberty of making a simple one for you. Hope you like it, if not, that's OK too... thumbsup.gif

post-55-1067499265.jpg

Edited by Phantom

Golam, have a look at my above post - which aspects of the tag buttons are you having problems with ? Are the buttons themselves not appearing/functioning or do the tags not perform the desired effects in your post ?

i'm not really sure, if i want to quote something, should i highlight it then press quote or visa versa or have i not got the concept at all. This is my first PC so it's all a bit hit and miss just now. The keys seem to work ok, when i press the quote key a promt window open and in the text box is the word "undefined" appears then when i try to copy or paste it wont do it, so who knows what i'm doing wrong? sad.gif

Golam,

Basically the quote tags should encompass the text you'd like to quote. Quote is a bit of a bad example because there are two ways to do it, but the easiest way is like this :

1. Press the quote button once ( quote tag will appear in your post )

2. Enter the text you'd like to quote immediately after the quote tag

3. Press the quote buttom again to close the quote ( end quote tag appears )

you'll end with something like this :

[QUOTE]I want to quote this[/QUOTE]

When I say the Quote button, I mean the button between the '@' and 'CODE' button on the posting screen, and not the 'QUOTE' button above each post displayed in a thread. That quote button is for quoting directly from someone's post with an indicator of who the quote is from, but is a bit more complicated to use than the method I mentioned above.

i want to quote this
, right, i think i get it now, it's just that i thought that you could cut and paste to save the effort of having to re-type anything you wanted to quote, or is there a way of doing that also. I'm probably just being bone-idle ar'nt i? wink2.gif

it's just that i thought that you could cut and paste to save the effort of having to re-type anything you wanted to quote, or is there a way of doing that also.

All you need to do is copy the text you want to use, and paste it in after the first quote tag, followed by the close quote tag. It doesn't really matter how you do it, as long as when you submit the post, the text you want is in between the tags you want to apply to it. You can also type the tags in manually if you'd prefer not to use the buttons, it's entirely up to you.

All you need to do is copy the text you want to use, and paste it in after the first quote tag, followed by the close quote tag. It doesn't really matter how you do it, as long as when you submit the post, the text you want is in between the tags you want to apply to it. You can also type the tags in manually if you'd prefer not to use the buttons, it's entirely up to you.
SaRuMaN, thanx i think i've got it now.

Testing Testing!

Ah good! I understand how to use the colours on the message board now.

Yay!!

Thx for helping out and I love your avastar u made me phantom.

Phantom "makes" avatars? Woooooooohooooooo!!

Do you take personal checks?? wink2.gif

Phantom "makes" avatars? Woooooooohooooooo!!

Do you take personal checks?? wink2.gif

Nancy, no avatar I could make for you would do your beauty justice... wink2.gif

How could I refuse you anything? But really, I'm not much of an avatar artist.

But here's one:

post-55-1067884994.jpg

But here's one:

Melttttttttttttttttt.. Thank you! Please check your PM's wub.gif

Nancy nice avatar! It suits you.  original.gif

Ben........ wub.gif

Thank YOU!! Didn't Phantom do a fantastic job?? I just love it!!! So glad you noticed and took the time to comment ........ wink2.gif

Nancy, beautiful avatar.

I adore yellow roses. When you give someone yellow roses it means you are great friends.

Also, fantastic thread, I had not known how to use the 'quote' button to I am going to test it now......

QUOTE (Phantom @ Nov 3 2003, 01:43 PM)

But here's one:

Melttttttttttttttttt.. Thank you! Please check your PM's 

Hope it worked!