Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Could I be Ill?

NoahJaymes

Alright, most who pay attention to my posts, and who know me, knows that im a pretty level headed guy. That I am never critisizing, bashing or anything toward anyone, I always think of logical explanations for everything before I post. Well, something has happened in the last week that may have pushed me over the edge, or so I think.

First and formost, I do not seek sympathy, this is not what this post is about, however, I respect most of your opinions, and would like to hear some on this matter.

Last week, I got a call from my sister saying that my mom had complications with her heart surgery, and then she was gonna have open heart surgery on thursday to fix it. Well, I could not get any sleep, and when I did I had nightmares. Nightmares that werent so much scary, but realistic.

I am over 750 miles away from her right now, and I would do anything to be there, however, I cant, my worst fear is something happening to someone in my family and me not being there to say goodbye, or even around when it happens. I would regret it for the rest of my life, however my mom had a successful surgery and everything is fine, or so I thought.

This past weekend I went to see my gf. Everything was fine till today. We got back from an animal shelter checking out wolves and I decided to take a nap. During the nap I started having a vivid dream, I dont recall what the dream was, except at the end I seen a little girl lookin at me, with red glowing eyes and then my gf woke me up. I didnt think anything of it, just a crazy dream.

On my way home, i started getting flashes of images. Not your ordinary everyday images, but disturbing images. I HATE TO SAY THIS...but demonic type images, hellacious type images. For instance, I was riding home with my friend, i was sittin in the passenger seat, he was of course driving. I got a sudden flash of him lookin at me and screaming but it wasnt his face, it was pretty messed up actually. Then I kept seeing other images of the same thing but other people, even my gf. Even the white posted speed limit signs looked messed up, almost hellish type look, lookin all rusty like they need to be in nightmare on elm street or something. Even right now as i sit here and type this, I hear things, not voices or anything, just movements. That im pretty sure is my imagination.

Ok here is my theory, A. Im stressed out and tired causing me to have lucid type dreams and seeeing these types of images. I need to be on klonopin or some other anxiety medication lol.

Nah but seriously, I am very laid back and chill, and I kinda have a feeling this is going to hurt any credibility I have on this site if any, but again, I respect your opinions. Be honest and dont sugarcoat anything. I seriously think i may be ill somewhat.

:hmm: Ahhh why did I post this :lol:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoahJaymes

• coldethyl

• Lady Warrior Ravynwynn

• bLu3 de 3n3rgy

Hi, well you know what they say ? "IT'S GOOD TO TALK" and thats what you are doing. Who needs a shrink when you have this place full of like minded people who through your postings over time have come to respect your comments and also your starting topics.

I reckon you are one of thoes guys that has time to listen to everybody and to drop everything and help out at a moments notice, but how much shouting do you do when things are tough for you ??? Not much i guess, and you asorb everything up like a sponge and every now and again you over fill.

With your mum being ill and going through some major surgeries it will you cause you a lot of stress, even more so when you are a long way from her.

SUGGESTIONS:

1/ If you can phone your mum do so everyday (i'm sure you do)

2/ See if you can get some more sleep, take some natural sleeping remerdies and listen to some relaxing music in bed

3/ Get your girlfriend to give you a massage

4/ lay off any booze before bed

5/ Go to a tall hillside away from everyone and scream and shout for all you are worth.

And hopefully all the bad dreams and images will disapear.

Oh yea, lay of the magic mushrooms also. lol :w00t:

It sounds like scenes from Exorcism of Emily Rose and Silent Hill are happening in your life. Maybe you never forgave yourself for not going to your mothers side. Now your subconscious mind is affecting you in an undesirable way. Spend some time on the phone with your mother or go visit her.

Get medical evaluation prior to any paranormal explanations. Sounds like stress is doin a number on your brain...this is common and can be treated quite simply without meds in most cases.

Never assume that the paranormal realm is to blame for seeing odd things or hearing odd things. Please check it out.....then you'll feel better. Good Luck kid.

It does seem as though you carry a lot of stress & guilt for not being around your family.

Let's say, if negative energies are coming through dreams and visions, your going to have to ask yourself a few questions.

Did you do an investigation & they followed you?

Did you at any time joke around about negative energies? Discuss them?

Sometime we just attract negative energies.

Again, it is most likely from stress and or guilt. As suggested earlier, stay away from any alcohol and drugs for the time being. Try to do some exercise and keep in a good physical as well mental shape.

I think you are just very very stressed out. You are having difficult times right now, and that, plus being tired is always a bad combination. I'm glad to hear your mom is better now, so now, relax :tu:

Thanks for the advice everyone, i do not drink, nor take any medications. However, what ghostly suggested "Did you do an investigation & they followed you?" We did do an investigation a few weeks back and ever since then people in my group have been complaining on weird things happening to them, all of which came to my attention just this morning. I been out of town so I havent been in much contact with them, when i got in this morning, my case manager called me and said weird things have been happening. She is pregnant and I suggested maybe it was the house settling down since it is fairly new, but both her and her husband swears up an down that a suvinere shotglass some how flew off of the mantel is was sitting on and landed across the room and broke while they were in bed, they thought someone broke in and when they went out thats what they found. I believe it is stress related, im pretty sure it is in my case. I plan on seeing someone about it, but it seems most doctors here are pretty shady and dont want to listen to abnormal things in which they have to sit down and think about. Again, thanks to everyone

awww, you know i think your crazy!!! J/K....i agree your stressed, and need some TLC. maybe you should meditate, and relive some of the heaviness you have on your shoulders. and talking about it, helps. gets it all out! U know i am here for ya, if you need me! :yes:

stress can be a big problem . as can pain or medication in causing vivid dreams and nightmares.

lately i've been having some problems with an infected tooth with an abscessed root. well it hurts, and to top it off i can get only a little sleep because there is no way to get comfortable . seems any which way i lay it thobbs more. so i wake up with a pain in the neck, a thobbing tooth and very little actual sleep .

during what little actual sleep i've been getting lately --i've been having some rather weird nightmares . one really bad nightmare i was a 44 year old private in iraq ! in another i was a british aviator back from ww2 in the US and couldn't cope with the yanks ! in another i was fighting a underground war--that was very brutal --i must be playing far-cry too much ! LOL- and in others there are more personal fears and terrors.

in my case--i'm getting this infected tooth removed and getting off these medications.

my suggestion is to have yourself checked out medically, if your on medications of any kind have your Dr look into them as side effects can drive a sane man mad. and visit your mom and other folks that your concerned about . if your drinking beer or whatever lay off of it and try to set a regular time for going to bead.-- you might try visiting a sleep clinic .

As many have said bud, you are probably fine. Every once and a while I'll experience something quite similar. Usually when I am in the depths of some stress (last time it happened was when I was at end terms in college... I was so out of it that when it was all over, I looked outside and noticed that there were leaves on the trees... pretty rediculous).

The only varience that may have caused something paranormal being the concept of bringing something back from a hunt. I think this is unlikely, but a possibility. If there are any demons, they are probably your own, manifesting themselves through lucid dreams or mind images. I do not think you are possesed or in danger of becoming so.

Take heart, relax, and forgive yourself if you are upset about your Mom and that situation. It's easy to forgive others, the real art is forgiving oneself. I bet if you can do this, the problems will melt away.

And listen, you have a reputation for being level headed and you have not, in any way, jepordized said reputation for discussing this with us. In fact, you have only increased your reputation with the honesty and vulnerability which you presented to those of us on this forum. Never worry about that.

--Marty

FGHS I agree, it sounds most likely a combination of stress and lack of sleep, I'm sure I remember reading that you had only got 3 hrs sleep over the course of a few nights.

Activity could be going on around others regardless. If it makes you feel any better you could try the bubble of light excersise, if anything some light meditation will help you relax and ground a bit :)

Just wondering...

You do seem like a pretty level headed person, Ive read many of your posts and have wondered if when you DO go out on these investigations, if your taking precautions.

I dont know what they would be, but do you make sure that you "open" and "close" things?

I hope you understand what I mean... :hmm:

Lack of sleep will do very bad things to your perceptions and emotions. There is no avoiding it. It is as simple as a car running out of gas. So you need sleep.

If you haven't been eating right and exercising in the last few days or weeks, take action right now, today, because it will help you sleep. All these things are connected.

The symptoms may feel like you're going crazy, and in a sense, you are, but it does not mean you're coming down with schizophrenia. You're aware something's not right and that sleep seems to be an issue. That's not what it looks like when mental illness really hits. Sleep will probably straighten you out.

That's not to say that nothing spiritual is happening. My expertise is not in that area, but it does stand to reason that any nasties that happen to be around might pick on you when you're down. Only a good medium can tell you about that, and of course, you know not to tell the medium any information whatsoever.

So eat a good dinner and hit the heavy bag or whatever, and get some sleep.

Just wondering...

You do seem like a pretty level headed person, Ive read many of your posts and have wondered if when you DO go out on these investigations, if your taking precautions.

I dont know what they would be, but do you make sure that you "open" and "close" things?

I hope you understand what I mean... :hmm:

Yes, we do take all the precautions possible when going on an investigation. I do know what you mean and thank you.

Marty, thanks for the kind words. Its nice to know that there are good people around, which a lot on this forum are. I respect all of your opinions and this is why i brought it to light. I didnt want to pay so much money to head to a shrink for them to tell me to rest and whatever. I am taking a break from investigations till my head clears from all of this, which is a smart thing to do.

So thank all of you again, i really do appreciate it!

Also, a good way to check if you're crazy or not. Ask yourself "Am I crazy?" If you answer yes, you're probably not crazy. If you answer no, you probably are.

Okay, so that's really over simplified, but like boorite said, if you are aware something isn't right and you realize you're hallucinating or dreaming, you certainly aren't crazy. People with reality-encumbered mental disorders certainly can't tell what's real from what's in their head. Believe me, I used to be way too close to one for several years.

wow that reminds me of The exorcism of emily rose. shre saw creepy hellish images of people too.

I think you are very stressed and worried about your mum. Sleep deprivation can cause you to hallucinate. BUT just in case I really think you need to do some spiritual protection for yourself, your G/F and your home. Please see the attachments. If other people are also experiencing strange activity after an investigation then this needs to be taken seriously.

WHITE_LIGHT_PROTECTION.doc

Spiritual_Home_Cleansing.doc

I think you are very stressed and worried about your mum. Sleep deprivation can cause you to hallucinate. BUT just in case I really think you need to do some spiritual protection for yourself, your G/F and your home. Please see the attachments. If other people are also experiencing strange activity after an investigation then this needs to be taken seriously.

Thanks for the attachments :>

Don't leave us wondering. Let us know how you are doing. We care! :)

I wont leave any of you wondering lol, Once I know more and get feeling better I will post it :D

I agree with many of the opinions here.

You're needing help does not change the way that I know you from our contacts, and your website, and your postings here. You are down-to-earth, highly intelligent, and professional in your investigations, and your site. Showing some vulnerability is not a sign of weakness, but a huge sign of strength in how you know yourself, and what you need. It always feels icky to me, too to show vulnerability, and many other people, but it helps us "Warrior-Fixer" types to practice taking love and help from others, instead of just giving, and fixing things all of the time.

You are exhausted, and many things are hitting you right now, from your past, your mom's health, your frustration in not being able to be at her side, and possibly that investigation that everyone on your team may be experiencing. Even one of those things can cause strange sensations, and your mind to get tired and wierd on ya. All of them together, well listen up, please.

First, if you feel you must, do not do anything majorly against dark entities, alone, if you feel that is part of the problem. It might sound silly, but I'm not kidding. You need 2 or more people, prepare, and know what you are doing!

I know that when a "sensitive" person (one who sees and experiences spirits and things)- and when they are one of the ones that make a difference (in the spiritual realms too), both of which you are, gets overwhelmed by stress to the point of exhaustion, they can be vulnerable to the negative energy creeps out there, because it is harder to keep your inner strength and psychic shield up where you need it to be. It's hard to even think about it , or care, if there is enough to overwhelm you. I know this, it's been this way for me for several weeks, as you know. The things that work for me are meditating(when I can make my mind be still- a hard thing during these times), and I sometimes make a protective circle, for my confidence, prayer for strength from the Creator who created me like this, and I'm not always that meek either. I ask for a break and comfort, and now! God can take all of our emotions, it's ok. I ask for the Warrior Angels and wise ancestors to surround me and fight what I can't see. This stuff works well. I surround myself with incense that I like and feel comforted by, like a cleansing, then protective kind...there are many. It is good for you to look them up. Sometimes I feel the need to wear a particular Celtic cross, or Celtic warrior's shield, or some gemstones that are strengthening...whatever. Regardless lf what you believe about such amulets and things, it helps the mind focus and remember that you are putting on strength and a powerful shield. Then, when I feel I have had enough of the spiritual stuff, and am very tired and want to just be numb, I kick back on the couch with my cat buddies, maybe some junk food, and watch a good movie or two, and completely dissassociate to rest.

As far as sleeping good, herbal blends with Valerian root, Hops, and Chamomile, work, (even though they smell like crap). So does a strong, relaxing dose of Catnip tea. Melatonin is good, but if you are sensitive to meds, you need to start as low as 1mg. I have 3mg pills, but they make me stupid the next day, so I break them in half,or in quarters.

Oh, one more thing. I write alot. Journalling helps to get stuff out. It doesn't matter what you express and how much, it is only for you to read. And those feelings can't make you weaker or sick if you get them out. Someone said to yell...I get two to three pillows and yell in them. I sing, too. When it is my own originals, I get lots of fellings out. Feels good...

Ah well, these are things that have worked for me through different times of extreme distress and stress, if you and anyone else is interested. Sorry if it's a long read, but I'm pretty concerned, buddy.

I got the yahoo IM up and running again. I share the computer with my teenagers, and many of their friends, and sometimes my things just disappear...imagine that.

Take care! And remember that you don't have to feel obligated to investigate, or do anything but be good to yourself right now.

Thanks for the attachments :>

You are very welcome. Please take care of yourself and "Be Careful Out There".

Wow... I hate to sound like a drug addict. (i did my experiments) But what you describe (especially the stuff with also the speedometer looking weird) sounds very much like what i experienced with bad tripping on shrooms. When it's your whole psychical reality that changes like that, it sounds pretty serious to me when it's not drug induced.

I would suggest seeing a doc dude and maybe get a little anti-psychotic medication for a while.

It's normal to experience small states of psychosis during hard times and in general when growing up.

But if you continue to have it i would think of seeing a doc.

Also maybe take a little break from all this supernatural stuff, it may overstimulate your imagination and cause it to freak out a bit.

Best wishes for you and your mom.

Im stressed out and tired causing me to have lucid type dreams

Agreed - I think you should go to the quack and see what he's got to say FGHS!

mmhmm, we care.

You could always blog this stuff, like the rest of us, fghs :P

Edit: Removed some random crap.

Edited by distortedpandy