Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Could I be Ill?

NoahJaymes

You know it sounds a bit like OCD to me. I'm OCD and I know mine gets worse during stressful times. Unwanted thoughts are a part of OCD and that may be what you're experiencing due to lack of sleep. Especially if you have mild OCD when you aren't stressed.

Visit this site for more information and good luck. :tu:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoahJaymes

• coldethyl

• bLu3 de 3n3rgy

• boorite

I think lack of sleep caused this distress. If regular sleep makes it go away, there's no reason to see a shrink.

I didn't say that to be rude. As a mentally ill person myself, I don't see anything wrong with seeing a shrink and I don't see why everyone gets so upset when I post a link to the NAMI site. I have to live with it and I function very well and I think maybe it helps people to know that "crazy people" aren't all raving axe murderers and I hope to help get rid of some of the stigma associated with mental illness.

Anyway what I am trying to say is, I am in no way trying to make light of or be rude to the OP by posting the above link. OCD is very common and most people have no clue that they even have it mildly. :tu:

Also, I'm not discounting the paranormal. Maybe a ghostie did follow the OP home, I don't know. I'm not inclined to believe that way and thought I'd just post my take on things and hope my view was somewhat helpful. :tu:

I've probably got OCD mildly with food.

Im sure it stems from having a crap relationship with food ( intolerences) and having to follow stupid strict diets, connected to how I feel and in trying to control that.

I have to read every lable on every piece of food, sometimes double checking.

I'm paranoid about eating uncooked meat, I always over cook just to be safe...and won't eat something that doesn't pass my standard lol

And don't get me started on sell by dates and best before dates or what goes in the dishwasher and what is ok to clean in the sink :blink:

coldethyl, do not worry, I respect your opinion and value it. I didnt take any offense to it.

Later tonight I will inform you guys whats going on, but for now its grilled cheese time!!!

I didn't say that to be rude.

I didn't take it as rude. I don't see how you could have meant it in anything other than a helpful way.

What I am saying is that stress resulting in lack of sleep is present here and is known to cause the symptoms fghs describes. So there's no need to suppose he has a mental disorder that requires psychiatric treatment. If the distress continues despite efforts to adjust, then yeah, you go get help for it! It's like if you get a new pair of shoes, and your feet hurt, you try a different pair of shoes before you go see an orthopedist to determine what foot disorder you may have. Know what I mean?

Hoofbeats, zebras, etc.

coldethyl, do not worry, I respect your opinion and value it. I didnt take any offense to it.

Okay good. :tu: Thanks!

I didn't take it as rude. I don't see how you could have meant it in anything other than a helpful way.

Thanks for that. Rough day today. :yes:

Yo, coldethyl!

Sorry you had a rough day.

This is for you:

user posted image

I do not personaly expiriance any halucinations through out the course of normal unmodified life, but I am a very visual person. I experiance very vivid images that flash in my head repeatedly. like images of some one I am talking to having thier face contorte and screaming as well as some very disturbing and helish images. any way these thooughs and images stay with me and continue to get worse as time goes on and then become more frequent till they start to cause alot of stress. Some times they just fade away but for the most part they stay with me.

One time I keep seeing this women straped to a cross, not a religous referance, just a cross. Her head was slumped forward so you could not really see he face, she had long blond hair with a slight greenish tinge to it, probably from the light above her head and then she had her lower half torn off a couple of inches form her belly button. This Image kept poping into my head and haunting me for about 6 months until I painted it. after that it has never bothered me again.

I say this because it could be some kind of OCD or stress there are ways for you to let them go in a very healthy way without the use of medications or going to see a doctor since alot of time medication can make things a whole lot worse as was in one of my situations But that is another story. the best thing to do in my opinion is find a way to let your self be released of the things that are puting you into you situation.

you said that you do not drink. That is a good thing because if you think that your dreams are crazy now, they will be much worse.

Yo, coldethyl!

Sorry you had a rough day.

This is for you:

user posted image

:cry: <<<tears of joy. Lady Warrior Ravynwynn, you are my new best friend. user posted image

I say this because it could be some kind of OCD or stress there are ways for you to let them go in a very healthy way without the use of medications or going to see a doctor

Going to the doc for OCD doesn't have to involve medication. I went thru therapy to help me with my OCD and it worked wonders. :tu:

Edited by coldethyl

What you (may be) experienceing is a combination of stress and bipolar disorder symptoms.

I would be evaluated and not just talk this off. I have a son that has had this problem.He

takes medication for it.

I,m no doctor but I would question this with a medical person.

This Image kept poping into my head and haunting me for about 6 months until I painted it. after that it has never bothered me again.

Wow.. you know that makes a lot of sense to me. I should try the same.

FGHS.Founder, if it's of any consolation to you, I too have things like this happen to me every once in a while. I don't know if it's healthy or not, or if it's stress related. I think that people that are sensitive enough to see paranormal activity are going to be vulnerable to all kinds of strange things.

And with you putting yourself on the front lines to investigate this activity, I think whether or not you "close" your sessions with these spirits, they will attach themselves to whatever will pay them any attention.

For me, what's worked up to now, I just let the images run thru my head. I don't act upon them or let them act upon me. I just use my awareness more like a television... an outlet for those images to pass thru.

But I will say this: If it bothers you THAT much to not be with family, then do what it takes to get to be with them. Even if it is only for a weekend. :tu:

Anytime coldethyl! Glad to make ya smile!

• 3 weeks later...

Even psychiatrists are not immune from anxiety attacks- Paranormal researchers wouldn't be immune to spiritual attacks in the same way.

Stress induced anxiety will most definately cause you to hallunicnate (auditory, visually) I have experienced this and it feels real. It is real. My advice is get some anti anxiety medication first, if that doesn't work, get help somewhere else in the spiritual sense. Good luck. :unsure2: