Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

People are Eating Dogs!

~sYMBIONt~

CLICK HERE :no: how can they do this
Some of these dogs are first tortured to increase their adrenaline levels BECAUSE IT IS BELIEVED THAT THIS MAKES THE MEAT TASTE SWEETER, then skinned alive.
:no::no::no::no::no::no::no::no::no::no::no::no::no::no::no::cry:

yeah its sad, but people have always eaten dogs :hmm: specially in china.

They eat cats, guinea-pigs and hamsters too. Dun believe it's only dogs.

Edited by Arbiter22

They eat cats, guinea-pigs and hamsters too. Dun believe it's only dogs.

yes. I know. but the topic wasn't directed at who eats what, the topic is about the OP's surprise of finding out that people eat dogs.

yes. I know. but the topic wasn't directed at who eats what, the topic is about the OP's surprise of finding out that people eat dogs.

Thanks, Lel, but I was talkin to the OP. It does have to do with dogs too.

dun believe it's only dogs

See? Dogs, Topic=dogs, I posted about dogs as well, get where I'm goin? And it is very sad that this happens.

Edited by Arbiter22

What's the difference between eating a dog and eating any other animal? They're all animals that feel and exist, just because one type of animal has been tamed by humans to be pets does not mean they are any different than animals that have been tamed by humans for use as food. If you're against some cultures eating some animals, perhaps you should be against eating animals in general.

What's the difference between eating a dog and eating any other animal? They're all animals that feel and exist, just because one type of animal has been tamed by humans to be pets does not mean they are any different than animals that have been tamed by humans for use as food. If you're against some cultures eating some animals, perhaps you should be against eating animals in general.

Great, now you got me feelin bad and all, since I'm 85% carnivore most the time. But the diffence I would say is, the animals bein bred for food in the US are livestock mostly, bein that they lead horrible lives, and since they do, I thank them and consume to prolong my own life. But domestic animals have been bred to express emotion far greater than livestock. Now, this doesn't change the fact that livestock are living animals that feel and exist, but it does make one feel more sympathy for the domestic animals. I'm against all unruly killing of anything, but if it's for food, that lessens the impact, but still, only for food when it's absolutely neccesary. I doubt I'll be turnin vegan or vegitarian in my lifetime. But I do consider what these animals must have been thru.

While the thought of raising, killing, and eating a dog, or cat sickens me, I have to agree with Burnside. We in the States only feel this way because we tend to think of them as family members. Other cultures view them as food. In India, most people would feel just as sick about us eating a cow. It's simply a matter of culture. (Although, if I could, I would rescue every single dog and cat, and any other 'exotic' animal headed for the slaughter house) :hmm:

I am in the same boat, and although i desire to not eat meat due to how i feel about it, i guess i'm not strong enough to cut it out of my diet.

But i have never seen a difference between a pet and livestock. It's almost like seeing a difference between an african child who can eat maybe once a week, and an american child who has so much to eat 50% of it is thrown in the trash. Is there a difference between these two simply because one was born into a fortunate, loving life while the other was born into desperation and suffering? No, of course not, they're both still humans and should be treated equally. I do see a difference between humans and animals, naturally, but i do not see why one is expected to suffer in slavery and be eaten while the other is expected to be loved and cared for and have a great life.

Besides, it's that whole differences in cultures argument over again too. What if over there they actually kept pigs as pets and bred dogs into pens to be kept as livestock, to grow until fat enough to slaughter? To them, sympathy would be given to their loving pigs while the dogs were ignored and eaten. No big deal right. :hmm: It's difficult to accept the values and ideals of another culture when they clash so bizarrely with ones own, especially when we have been programed to care for one specific type of animal and abuse another.

Me too crouton, i in no way enjoy the thought of dogs being eaten. :( But no less than i enjoy the thought of a shark thrown back into the ocean with it's fin cut off or a raccoon being skinned for it's fur. Humans are vile to nature, it doesn't matter what country it is, we're all the same.

Edited by BurnSide

I am in the same boat, and although i desire to not eat meat due to how i feel about it, i guess i'm not strong enough to cut it out of my diet.

But i have never seen a difference between a pet and livestock. It's almost like seeing a difference between an african child who can eat maybe once a week, and an american child who has so much to eat 50% of it is thrown in the trash. Is there a difference between these two simply because one was born into a fortunate, loving life while the other was born into desperation and suffering? No, of course not, they're both still humans and should be treated equally. I do see a difference between humans and animals, naturally, but i do not see why one is expected to suffer in slavery and be eaten while the other is expected to be loved and cared for and have a great life.

Besides, it's that whole differences in cultures argument over again too. What if over there they actually kept pigs as pets and bred dogs into pens to be kept as livestock, to grow until fat enough to slaughter? To them, sympathy would be given to their loving pigs while the dogs were ignored and eaten. No big deal right. :hmm: It's difficult to accept the values and ideals of another culture when they clash so bizarrely with ones own, especially when we have been programed to care for one specific type of animal and abuse another.

Me too crouton, i in no way enjoy the thought of dogs being eaten. :( But no less than i enjoy the thought of a shark thrown back into the ocean with it's fin cut off or a raccoon being skinned for it's fur. Humans are vile to nature, it doesn't matter what country it is, we're all the same.

-and that bad feeling jes got worse. I agree wit not killing animals as a whole. But it really isn't so much as my fault that I feel more for the domestic animals than livestock, almost every human is raised with this notion, and it oddly sticks. It is a cultural thing, but everyone disagrees on whats right and wrong even in the same culture. Its more of a diverse situation. Vegans and meat eaters, tho they may or may not be in the same culture, will clash. I think it's more of an issue of eating meat, or not eating meat. I can't exactly erase meat from my meals, but that doesn't mean I feel glee when I bite into a once living creature.

Edited by Arbiter22

There is nothing wrong with putting meat in your mouth and swallowing. It's part of a survival technique called eating. Some of you may know that, we cannot survive without eating :no: Be it that poor piece of cauliflower or that innocent cow. We need to eat.

Eating dogs...it's a norm in their culture, maybe not in ours. We must respect that.

Now, the way we get some food is what I disagree with. :tu:

eating dogs is different because they TORTURE THEM AND SKIN THEM ALIVE :no: . i would feel they same way if they did that to cows or pigs

eating dogs is different because they TORTURE THEM AND SKIN THEM ALIVE

How about if they killed them humanely, then ate them?

Vegeterian, clear conscience FTW!!! :tsu::clap::sk

Same here :tu: ya won't catch me eatin anythin that had a face these days lol! Feel much fitter for it surprisingly.... thought i'd feel rough to start with, but didn't at all!

But, on topic: eating a dog is no worse than any other animal....take how pigs are slaughtered...they are given an electric shock to the temple to send them into a fit to stop them fighting while being slit along their stomachs, from their groin up to the throat and having their innards pulled out (all whilst being tied upside down) and left to bleed to death! It's all as bad as the dogs......

Have a veggie burger lol

RTL, ever had Lobster? Traditionally, they're boiled alive.. that's pretty torturific.

Western society does incredibly inhumane things to animals, and samanthauk posted a good example. :(

won't catch me eatin anythin that had a face these days lol!

So no more broccoli?

user posted image

poor guy didn't even get to say buy to his wife and kids before being viscously torn out of his home. He never wanted to leave his roots :cry:

How about if they killed them humanely, then ate them?

i little better but i wouldnt eat even then because i love dogs

RTL, ever had Lobster? Traditionally, they're boiled alive.. that's pretty torturific.

Western society does incredibly inhumane things to animals, and samanthauk posted a good example. :(

no i don't :no: and thats why

So no more broccoli?

user posted image

poor guy didn't even get to say buy to his wife and kids before being viscously torn out of his home. He never wanted to leave his roots :cry:

Difference is Broccoli has no brain or nerve endings so it doesn't feel pain when you rip it out of the ground.

Also that makes you doubly cursed because you eat plants and animals, you horrible butchering savage ;):P:lol:

Yeah, just because they're dogs and just because few breeds are tamed and kept as pets by some people doesn't necessarily make their killing any worse than the killing of several other animals for their meat. I find it strange when some meat eaters cry wolf over the killing(for meat) of some other animal they like.

People like meat and people will eat meat, only their preferences vary but while the killing goes on, it would be much better if the killing techniques were a little more humane. Make the strike sharp and make it quick!

Edited by Bone_Collector

Best thing is not to post topics like this.

I don't like killings too, be it animals or plants.

If i have to pull out a plants for consumption, i have to say

sorry for the plants. " sorry mate! i have to eat. "

And that vegetable will pardon me.

Difference is Broccoli has no brain or nerve endings so it doesn't feel pain when you rip it out of the ground.

Now what is that faction of thought? Fruitarian? Whereby anything living (such as fruit on a tree) is alove until it falls to the ground.

At which point you are allowed to eat it.

I still think it bizarre that the french eat snails, frog's legs and horses.

I tried deer last year. Very nice :tu:

Always remember the fall in sale of pork after Babe - Pig in the City :)

What's the difference between eating a dog and eating any other animal?

This is my standard answer to outrage expressed about dogs/cats etc being eaten. Thanks Burnside, you put it in a nutshell! I can't add anything.

My issue isn't with them eating the dogs.. its with the torturing them and then skinning them alive. eating dog is one thing.. if they're bred for food like cows.. but skinning them alive is just sick.