Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

People are Eating Dogs!

~sYMBIONt~

I find eating a dog sick, but on the flip side I have heard of dogs (not wolfs) eating humans with is also sick, In my study of cryptozoology I am come across things about dogs that look normal ( like a husky or german shepheard or any other large dog) but have a taste for humans and swallow kids 9up to age 14 in some cases) whole! this why I never will get a large dog

Edited by thecreeper

Reading the posts here, I do agree that its no different than say eating a cow.

Admittedly I couldn't bring myself to eat a dog, though.

But the point is they're not just killing the dogs they're TORTURING them out of some unproven belief that it will make them taste better.

Edited by Symbol

I don't see the difference between eating a dog and eating a cow. I mean, go to Asia and you see it all the time. They skinned snakes too - live - to add adrenaline. It was pretty tasty too. So yes, while you think of them as domestic animals - they are just meat and bones like more (in the West) orthodox animals to eat.

But the point is they're not just killing the dogs they're TORTURING them out of some unproven belief that it will make them taste better.

THATS WHAT I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO SAY TO EVERYONE

Edited by Ring Tailed Lemur

They do it to a lot of animals though. And it does make them taste better. Like I say - it's the adrenaline. I mean, I wouldn't approve of it myself, but it's the done thing.

Is it any better that animals we eat in the developed world are often starved of sunlight, cramped in small spaces and transported miles in poor conditions or beefed with hormones to grow faster?

Is this not worse torture as it lasts a lifetime?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/4360947.stm

sorry can not find any sources that I would consider 100% right or proof. Hard to find through the groups that are against everything, but a google search can produce a fair few items. Search on

Cow cruelty sunlight slaughter

http://www.selah.k12.wa.us/SOAR/Projects2005/AshleyS.html

http://www.carn-age.org.uk/slaught2.html

franky, duck, veal, dog meat , horse meat, and human meat, are all sick food ( who are the sick people who eat cute little ducks?!?) and should not be allowed anywhere

who are the sick people who eat cute little ducks?!?)

I do :tu: I also eat veal, elk, venison, beef, pork, fish, shellfish, bacon, turkey, and sometimes goose.

I do :tu: I also eat veal, elk, venison, beef, pork, fish, shellfish, bacon, turkey, and sometimes goose.

you have odd taste, you would eat cute little duckies sick!

I didn't get to read all of the replies to this post so, forgive me if I am repeating some things already said.

I understand the side that most people eat animals such as cows, chickens, pigs, etc. without a problem. And that some people view eating dogs in the same way.

The main difference for me is that dogs (and cats) seem to be so much more than just animals. Here, in our culture, dogs become family members. Therefore it seems appalling to us to eat a family member.

Sure, some people might have a pet cow, chicken or pig that they adore. But, realistically speaking those type of animals can't return affection in such a way as a dog or cat.

Dogs are loyal. Dogs become a member of our "pack". Dogs sleep in bed with us and nudge our hand for affection. They get sad if we scold them and happily wag their tails when we come home.

In most people's minds, dogs and cats are house pets. While a cow is livestock and there for the eating.

The only difference between the two is that one is a family member and the other isn't.

I just have a hard time understanding or believing that another culture doesn't feel the same connection towards dogs or cats. It is hard for me to wrap my head around that whole idea. :hmm:

franky, duck, veal, dog meat , horse meat, and human meat, are all sick food ( who are the sick people who eat cute little ducks?!?) and should not be allowed anywhere

Now duck is very very tasty.....

Trust me..... When faethers and head removed..... Duck don't look too cute to me :)

I just have a hard time understanding or believing that another culture doesn't feel the same connection towards dogs or cats. It is hard for me to wrap my head around that whole idea. :hmm:

I agree. I know it's egocentric, but I just can't grasp it and I think it's sick.

The main difference for me is that dogs (and cats) seem to be so much more than just animals. Here, in our culture, dogs become family members. Therefore it seems appalling to us to eat a family member.

That's the main part! In their (Chinese/Japanese) cultures, eating dogs are nothing to bat an eyelid at...They are norms.

you have odd taste, you would eat cute little duckies sick

No, I love seafood, redmeat, and poultry (duck more than turkey or chicken)...They taste sooo good.

While a cow is livestock and there for the eating.

Not in India...They're apalled by eating beef..

In Jewish populations, pork is considered unclean.

I didn't get to read all of the replies to this post so, forgive me if I am repeating some things already said.

I understand the side that most people eat animals such as cows, chickens, pigs, etc. without a problem. And that some people view eating dogs in the same way.

Sure, some people might have a pet cow, chicken or pig that they adore. But, realistically speaking those type of animals can't return affection in such a way as a dog or cat.

Dogs are loyal. Dogs become a member of our "pack". Dogs sleep in bed with us and nudge our hand for affection. They get sad if we scold them and happily wag their tails when we come home.

In most people's minds, dogs and cats are house pets. While a cow is livestock and there for the eating.

The only difference between the two is that one is a family member and the other isn't.

I just have a hard time understanding or believing that another culture doesn't feel the same connection towards dogs or cats. It is hard for me to wrap my head around that whole idea

This is a classic Western biased response...The East and other parts of the world have very, very different views, cultures, and norms.

Not in India...They're apalled by eating beef..

In Jewish populations, pork is considered unclean.

This is a classic Western biased response...The East and other parts of the world have very, very different views, cultures, and norms.

Hmmm..I never considered myself biased because I do know about everything you are talking about.

I live in Austria where we have many many of such people, I have travelled extensively and I still don't understand it. :no:

No matter how normal someone else thinks it is, I will never think eating a dog is normal. Just like they probably wouldn't understand why I am so appalled at eating a mere dog.

This is a classic Western biased response...Not really. This is a classic Lorelei response. A lot of other people already voiced there opinion that it isn't much different than eating a cow or chicken. To me, it is different.

I also don't eat veal, duck, venison, lamb or rabbit. I have different views regarding them which most "Westerners" do not.

Different folks, different strokes. ^_^

^I agree. As a lover and owner of dogs and cats I will never understand it. And I hate when people tell me I am being narrow-minded and that the only reason I don't understand it is because I wasn't raised in a culture where eating dogs and cats is acceptable. I'm sure there are people out there who were raised in a culture where it is acceptable and still dont understand it. I actually won't eat any animal, but fish and chicken and very rarely will I eat beef. I cannot stand the thought of eating deer, lamb, or rabbit. I dont understand how someone can say eating..say a chicken is the same as eating a dog, an animal is an animal. No it is not in my view. Dogs are so much more affectionate, loyal, and intelligent. In my culture a dog is man's best friend, a member of the family. They are also used to help the handicapped and are trained to aid police and rescue people. And if I were raised in a culture where people thought nothing of eating dogs, I truly believe I'd still be apalled by it...I would still view them as being so much more than just meat.

Edited by Melissa24

I keep reading a reoccuring theme of dogs being part of the family, there etc.... etc....

I admit that there are differences, but what I am likening this to is that a great deal of us will at some point (most probably as kids after the fair) had a pet goldfish.

If you were lucky it would live a good 5+ years, and even though you probably thought it was pretty boring someone had to feed it daily, clean it's water (if you weren't posh), and we all were sad the day it popped its clogs.

However we still eat fish without batting an eyelid.

Whereas I couldn't bear the thought of eating dog as many of you, I do wonder how many of us would enjoy the meat had we mistaken it for another in a serve yourself restaurant, before running to the bathroom on finding out and declaring it revolting forevermore thereafter..... Regardless of enjoying before knowing.

Meat is meat. If I'm hungry enough; and if it fulfills my caloric requirements, I'm going to eat it..

In the end, the day belongs to the least squeemish!

Meat is meat. If I'm hungry enough; and if it fulfills my caloric requirements, I'm going to eat it..

In the end, the day belongs to the least squeemish!

okay you do know when you said that HUMANS Have MEAT on them, so when you say that if your hungry enough you would eat humans sooo..

okay you do know when you said that HUMANS Have MEAT on them, so when you say that if your hungry enough you would eat humans sooo..

If the situation did ever arise I'm sure I could. Thing is, I see all meat the same. I mean, I have two dogs and I love them to pieces, but in Asia they eat them. So what? It's not like they rob people's families and cook their dogs...

If the situation did ever arise I'm sure I could. Thing is, I see all meat the same. I mean, I have two dogs and I love them to pieces, but in Asia they eat them. So what? It's not like they rob people's families and cook their dogs...

true its there thing I mean if they want to eat dogs why should we tell them its wrong, I suppose if Ilive in one of those countires I would proably eat dog, its a thing, we eat cows, in some places they think thats sick, so dogs are some peoples pets, I see no problem eating a stray that is going to be put down anyways, I just don't see whats wrong with eating dogs as long as they are not trated meanly before they did kill them or eat them alive or something like that, my girlfriend (who is from japan) often eats do and can't understand why some people make such a big fuss about it why they eat cow meat

Edited by thecreeper

Yeah; pretty much..If it comes down to me starving to death or serving you as Long Pig; I'm going to go with the cannibal thing..

You may not want to stand near me during the Apocalypse..

Yeah; pretty much..If it comes down to me starving to death or serving you as Long Pig; I'm going to go with the cannibal thing..

You may not want to stand near me during the Apocalypse..

good to know but my girlfriend would have eaten me or you by that time, she eats duck, dog, cow , pig, deer, veal, rabbit, froglegs, etc bascilly any kind of meat that isn't illegal or dangerous

Edited by thecreeper