Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mystery creature washes up on beach

UM-Bot

news icon rSubmitted by Rick Hamell: A series of pictures showing a mysterious creature some are describing as a "Plesiosaur" has been stirring up interest. From the source article: This creature was found by Russian soldiers on Sakhalin Sakhalin area is situated near to Japan, it’s the most eastern part of Russia, almost 5000 miles to East from Moscow (Russia is huge).

People don’t know (what it) is. According to the bones and teeth - it is not a fish.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: englishrussia.com

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• frogfish

• GreyWeather

• ShaunZero

• SeCReT SeRViCe

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Judging by the teeth, and you can correct me if I'm wrong but it looks like a large mammal to me that's badly decomposed and missing it's limbs.

Those links aren't working for me.

Double checked links, they appear to be working correctly. It's possible that the source site was down when you tried to click through to it, if you are still having problems accessing it now, try using a different browser.

the teeth and length make me think of an orca, and the "hair" is probably an added feature that happened while it was decomposing. Or perhaps when the skin and fat began turning liquid the "fur" perhaps got stuck to it as it passed by.

:D

actually - it looks like one of those mystics from the dark crystal...

:D actually you are right,,lol

i ThiNk iT'S a beLuGa, MoSt DeF....

MaYbE yOu ShOuLd StOp... yeah even when I type like it makes me annoyed. don't type like that... its stupid.

Its an orca, if you scroll down theres comments. and one comment speaks of that the russians trained water-mammels for anti-mine purposes, so it's probably a test gone wrong. which would explain why the military took it away so quickly. :hmm: .

Edit. also... a dinosaur? come on! dinosaurs are extinct... if they weren't then we would deffiently know of them being in existance. specially in the waters (remember, we have Navy's), if dinosaurs survived then they would have reproduced back to a full population (I mean its been 65 million years). Plus plesiosaur's were air breathing creatures (like whales)... and even though whales are at dangerous low population levels, people still see them while dinosaurs? no. well... unless you're crazy.

Edited by Leliel

It's a Orca or Killer Whale, the skeleton is identical.

user posted image

Look closely at the jaws. Pretty much a perfect match, as well as the bone structure and long tail. Even the size is correct.

There is no 'hair' that is a description of the pictures made by the article writer. The hair is actually decomposing flesh that is peeling away from the bone, it can and does look like hair in photographs.

Bones and decomposing skeletal remains very very rarely even closely resemble what they originally looked like, especially when that corpse has been floating around in the waves and currents of the ocean for a certain amount of time, picked at by other fish etc.

Edited by BurnSide

MaYbE yOu ShOuLd StOp... yeah even when I type like it makes me annoyed. don't type like that... its stupid.

Im nOt AnNOYeD, MayBE You JeSt doN'T GeT THa ConCEPt? StOP RaGgIng on people du, they can type however they want. Jeez.

thats interesting...could it be that not all dinosaurs went extinct? I mean crocodiles survived...and that pleasarus(spll?) lived in the sea as well....hmmmm....

P.S.this is my first post....woohoo! :yes:

Edited by skary

thats interesting...could it be that not all dinosaurs go extinct? I mean crocodiles survived...and that pleasarus(spll?) lived in the sea as well....hmmmm....

P.S.this is my first post....woohoo! :yes:

nah, if that dinosaur did survive and then survived the ice age, it would have no doubt been spotted. due to all the human fisheries that are bound to the sea ect :hmm: . If any dinosaur did survive it'd have adapted to the climte by shrinking or changing its self, such as the ancestors of the crocodile. Or they would have been out-numbered by the animals that did adapt to the climate changes who now had the advantage.

Im nOt AnNOYeD, MayBE You JeSt doN'T GeT THa ConCEPt? StOP RaGgIng on people du, they can type however they want. Jeez.

that's not typing... thats MSN messenger speech :rolleyes: This is a forum "du" :yes:

Edit: Welcome to UM forums skary ^_^

Edited by Leliel

nah, if that dinosaur did survive and then survived the ice age, it would have no doubt been spotted. due to all the human fisheries that are bound to the sea ect :hmm: . If any dinosaur did survive it'd have adapted to the climte by shrinking or changing its self, such as the ancestors of the crocodile. Or they would have been out-numbered by the animals that did adapt to the climate changes who now had the advantage.

that's not typing... thats MSN messenger speech :rolleyes: This is a forum "du" :yes:

Edit: Welcome to UM forums skary ^_^

Not sure if you believe in Sasquatch or Bigfoot, but the same could be said with the amount of hunters we have in the world. Remember that the earth is made up of more water then land mass, and it runs far deeper then we have ever been able investigate. We are still finding new insects and reports of rare birds said to of been extinct.

Not sure if you believe in Sasquatch or Bigfoot, but the same could be said with the amount of hunters we have in the world. Remember that the earth is made up of more water then land mass, and it runs far deeper then we have ever been able investigate. We are still finding new insects and reports of rare birds said to of been extinct.

haha, yeah I thought of that after I wrote that. but still, they were air breathing like whales, so they'd have been documented by now :hmm:

It's definitely an Orca or Beluga. Their are no nasal passages in the skull :tu:

The skeletons are identical, and the 'fur' and rotting flesh.

Dinosaurs and marine reptiles are long gone...

Cousin of nessie

yeh that was my first thought. i said, wow nessie is a long way from home. :D

but seriously, it does look like a beluga whale

my first post too, hey and it didn't hurt at all :)

yeh that was my first thought. i said, wow nessie is a long way from home. :D

but seriously, it does look like a beluga whale

my first post too, hey and it didn't hurt at all :)

grats on ur first post :tu:

also i would just like to point out that nessie isnt the only creature like itself...many other countries have there own nessie so it could have been "theirs" but they r really all the same plus or minus some features

LeT EM kNoW aRb..pEopLe nOW aDaYzz GeT b****Y OVa da StuPideSt ThiNgZz...IMMa KeeP DoiN ThiS FoRevVVvvVvvveRRRRr aNd EVvveRRrr LoL,,,ahahahhahahah