Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Evil of Disney

schadeaux

It is no secret that I hold no love of Disney. Disnevil as I call it. I firmly believe that Micky is Satan himself and Pluto is his faithful hellhound. Donald and Goofy are the manifestations of demons (did anyone ever figure out exactly what kind of creature Goofy is?), and those evil little chipmunks are plotting to destroy mankind.

Anyways, I came across this article and found it very interesting. It just reinforces my own pathetic opinion that Disney cartoons are meant to rot your soul and that giant, half naked rodent is evil incarnate, the hellspawn dedicated to delivering your soul and that of our children into the very fires of desolation and destruction that darkens the unholy path away from righteousness and salvation, the insidious nature of the corrupted beast that feeds on our fears and weaknesses, that…

mellow.gif

...um, sorry... got carried away there. Read on please.

It's been mused over and pointed out that without fail, in almost every Disney cartoon, the mother is killed off post haste and the main character is left an orphan. Within minutes of the opening credits. Who didn't cry when Dumbo's mom gently rocked her baby in her trunk as he cooed, unsuspecting, on the other side of that wooden pen - all she could do as she awaited being led to her death? I still cry when I think about it. I cried when I was a kid and saw that. I knew what it all meant. What about Bambi's mom getting shotgun blasted to death and him, not knowing, wandering around calling her? Jesus! How sick is that? Let's kill the Mothers! That'll set up the story nicely.

A call to my niece Diana confirms my suspicion. She tells me that in the in The Lion King, the father is murdered right in front of the little lion and not too nicely, either. You have Disney Cartoon parents who don't give a rat's ass and are off gallivanting, leaving the Disney Kids baby-sat by dogs or left on their own, period. Basically, kids without or neglected. A friend told me she was horrified into mortification to hear her 4 year old twins playing, prefacing some role-play with stuffed Disney toys: "OK, pretend our parents are dead..." What the hell kind of family value is this to have as a running thread through the decades of family animations? Isn't the bond between Mother and Child one of the most scared and immutable things there is? Shouldn't that be celebrated? Treated as assumed stability? Why does Disney pick this particular icon to rip up, religiously, in every movie? Granted the old Sleeping Beauty and such are tales which tell of horrors that would stun even Stephen King. If you go read the originals - oh my word, you're talking sick stuff. But Disney's writing this stuff new, fer chrissakes. How about some family bonding, some family units, some family love and strength and teaching the lesson that We'll Get Through It Together? I mean as long as they're peddling fantasy why not go for the wholesome stuff they're claiming they stand for? Now that'd be fantasy for once. Why keep choosing to have film after film chock full of stuck up heroines who only really "win" because some Male Hero saves their day and bails then out? Why so much violence? Where exactly are the good morals and lessons Disney used to pretend to be basing their movies on? The only lesson I see in the movies now, is that their movies are 70 minute infomercials to go buy the Stuff that comes out even before the damn movie these days.

Anyway. Sis gets on the phone, after The Niece finishes the Lion King Murder Tale and says you know what got to me? When I saw Snow White as a kid and the Evil Queen was going on about some such or other potions and what she was going to do with Snow White when she got her? And she was cackling that she was going to BURY HER ALIVE...BURIED ALIVE! Jesus!

In "Aladdin", there is a scene where he flies up to Jasmine's balcony and is heard to whisper "Take off your clothes". Disney insists it's really "Take off and go", spoken to Jasmine's tiger. It's easy to pick up both when you listen.

During a wedding scene in "The Little Mermaid", it's said the minister conducting the wedding gets an erection as he sits on the chair. Disney says it's his knee, and it pretty much looks like a knee, so I didn't include a photo of these frames.  But hell, I've seen less phallic-looking knees, too.

In "Who Framed Roger Rabbit". Daffy and Donald have a piano duel, Daffy is seen to sprout an erection during the scene.

WDIV -TV in Detroit found a dirty word spoken in the cartoon short "The Clock Cleaner", Daffy Duck was clearly heard to say "**** You". When this was discovered, Wal-Mart pulled the video from the shelves. Disney edited it and re-released it for sale. Even though they said it really wasn't there, you dirty minded people.

In the movie 'The Santa Clause" the wife was given an emergency '800' phone number which was the actual number of a phone sex service. Why anyone would call it the first place is beyond me but those innocent victims sure spread the word.

Disney's female characters have been described as being turned into "full figured, big breasted , sexually charged Male Fantasy Icons" instead of the clean living role models they once were. There have been complaints from Moms that this sends out bad messages to young girls who once again see female 'role models' as only being perfect if they're built like a sex toy. Like oh...Britney Spears.

The New York Times commented that the Pocahontas character was an "animated Playboy Centerfold that has no place in a children's movie". Disney said she was designed to "appeal to the adult male". Why adult males need to be appealed to in a children's animation? Are adult males now m********ing to Disney animations? Did Playboy increase their prices or something?

In the Pocahontas film, the English are all stereotyped as evil buffoons and Native Americans stereotyped as good and kind. But then, it was the other way around for decades in films, wasn't it? The real Pocahontas was 12 years old when she met John Smith, but Disney couldn't stick to any kind of historically accurate, possible learning experience here - they had to turn her into a 20-something sex nymph. Kind of like Britney Spears.

For the voice of chief Powhatan, Pocahontas' father, Disney hired Native American Activist Russell Means. Means led a group of armed activists in the occupation of Wounded Knee in 1973. Two people died and twelve were wounded. 1200 people were arrested. Means once gave a speech entitled "For America to Live, Europeans Must Die" It's constantly amazing how no one remembers their deep personal convictions when money is involved.

In 1989 Disney threatened to sue three Florida day care centers that had Mickey Mouse painted on their walls as decoration. The murals were removed. The Hanna-Barbera company contacted the centers and sent them some of their wall-ready, pre-made characters to use, and even threw them a party. Take that, you Disney poopyheads!

White River, Ontario is the home of Winnie the Pooh. No, really. Yes, the bear. Yes, there was a real one. Yes. No, I'm not drunk. I know it's a cartoon. Yes, I know. Look, I don't even drink. No. Really. Anyway ... When the town tried to erect a statue of the real bear that the cartoon bear was modeled after in 1990, the 75th anniversary of the book that AA Milne wrote (that clearer? Sheesh!), Disney sent a nasty letter threatening a law suit if they even thought about trying to put the statue up because they owned the copyright to Pooh. No, the cartoon one. No you can't copyright a real one, and he was dead by then. Bears don't live to be 75, you goof. ANYway, after lots of bad publicity, Disney backed down for once in it's miserable, money grubbing life and White River was able to put up it's Pooh. (Stop giggling)

Disney has even gone so far as to send letters threatening legal action against 12 year olds who used Disney images on their web sites, and webmasters who make a cartoon evil Mickey Mouse background for their Disney section.

Once a year, Disney is host to what has come to be called "Gay Days'. Tens of thousands of Gay and Lesbians visit the park for a day of fun. This has drawn incredible protests and complaints from the straight "usual" visitors who are there with family. Some of the protest is that Disney knows that this Day is scheduled and, like any of it's Special Park Days, has the responsibility to announce it so people who might choose to not go to the park that day, may do so. Disney claims it's not an official "Day", and they have no clue when it will be, so have no way to "warn" people who might have spent thousands of dollars on a family dream vacation to go there and might be offended. However, this is just Disney being hypocritical - they have one of the best insurance programs for the same sex partners of it's gay employees in the nation and it's gay employees are not "a secret". Disney just tries to play both sides, not wanting to offend the $$ of either lifestyle. One year, promotional fliers were distributed right at the park gates by the organizers of the event that Disney claims it neither sanctions nor promotes, with a graphic rendering of Mickey and Donald Duck holding hands and gazing at each other with that special twinkle. Disney didn't say one word, threaten any legal action or bar them from using their precious icons in this manner but will go after day care centers. There were also special Gay Day tickets printed, even though Disney claims not to have anything official to do with it. Stories of flamboyant gay men harassing straight men, Mom and Dad complaining about gay couples in various physical embrace in front of the Kiddies abound, etc. Those whose personal morals or religions didn't agree with homosexuality blasted Disney for not listing Gay Day on it's schedule. It's an interesting time of year.

In "Toy Story", Woody mocks Buzz Lightyear's gadgets and is told he has "Laser envy"...hardly a joke a 5 year old would get.

Will Finn, the head of "the Hunchback"s story team, said the film is "full of incredibly dark and mature subject matter about a religious figure torn between chastity and lust, and chock full of physical abuse and making fun of the handicapped guy."

In "The Hunchback of Notre Dame," not only does Animated Playboy Fantasy Esmerelda do a sexy stipper pole-dance, but Kirk Wise, director of the film, said, "I think she's the first Disney heroine to carry a concealed weapon and we're proud of that fact.”

anomalies-unlimited

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thepsychoticseaotter

• KayEl

• bathory

• moe eubleck

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And the villains nearly always have English accents, so you can add racism to that lot, too. disgust.gif

And the villains nearly always have English accents, so you can add racism to that lot, too. disgust.gif

could be worse Cuffy..........they could all be ginger, alcoholic, tightwads in tartan rofl

laugh.gif

In Lion King I always pictured Scar as Hitler and his hyenaes as Nazis specially how they marched in that one seen

Nope nvr liked Disney

That site has alot of Disney attrocities but what American company doesn't have skeletons or pedophiles more like it in the closet?

what American company doesn't have skeletons or pedophiles more like it in the closet?

Good point, GhostShark, though I would say "any company" rather than just American. But what makes it all the worse is that Disney is supposed to be "for the kids!" Cartoons, sillyness, plain old FDA approved FUN! Where is the fun is sueing day care centers?? Sexually explicit jokes interwoven in the wholesome, family oriented, Saturday night, popcorn and ice-cream dialogue?? "Lazer envy" indeed!

Still, as you say GhostShark, it is nothing new. You might expect such things from other companies. But what's next? Anatomically correct Minnie and Daisy? Pluto doing the action on Micky's leg?

disgust.gif

I dont think disney is evil but it they do tend to repeat the same archetypes and motifs over and over and over!! I mean how many times is the hero going to lose a parent?? how Bout The pop culture side kick voiced by a minority? An evil queen? A damsel so innocent you want to just ..... well never mind that.

Do you honestly know anyone who whistles while they work?

It also sends very bad messages to our females like the little mermaids; " give up everything you are, just to be with a man" or the obvious "good girl - bad girl " projections or "everything will be okay once your prince saves you".

Well wheres MY prince dammit ??? tongue.gif

My main problem with Disney, is that they can't think up their own ideas. Nearly all the animated movies are based on earlier tales. (Pinochio, Aladdin, Snow White)

Once they've used up all the folktales, they make horrible sequels that go straight to dvd. Sleeping beauty isn't supposed to have a sequel! What ever hapened to "And they lived happily ever after."? disgust.gif

Well as for me,I think Disney's cartoons are pathetic grin2.gif .Sorry but I just think that way.

(Still a faithful of Tom & Jerry grin2.gif )

Well as for me,I think Disney's cartoons are pathetic grin2.gif .Sorry but I just think that way.

(Still a faithful of Tom & Jerry grin2.gif )

The original Tom and Jerry mind you!

At the risk of being totally booted offsite here....... The only good thing Disney does and does WELL, is their animation. It is close to perfection.

Now, if only they could present quality material to match..........

Aww...I always loved disney films. Except, the older I got the more I noticed how unoriginal their material is...

It's really quite...scary to have these things pointed out. :S

When Disney sued the daycare centers for using there characters on there walls was sickening, they have a history of bad PR moves, now they are paying the bills for 3 or so Senators on a bill that would make it legal to monitor your software to make sure your not pirating it, and all new hardware sold in the USA would have to have "anti-piracy" code, i can remember the name of the bill, but when i find the artical on it, i will edit this post with the URL

All businesses are corrupt in some way shape or form (and yes Disney is a business! Yeah a business! so what else would you expect a business to do besides ANYTHING as long as it makes a profit!). Personal vendettas are no way to go about showing it. Although a lot of stuff mentioned above is based on fact, and Disney always seems to be lawsuit crazy. Also a lot of the older stuff seems to show blatant racism with a slew of racial stereotypes, etc. Remember the Siamese kitties from Lady and the Tramp (which is actually one of my fave Disney movies, and yes I am a fan)? When Aladdin was getting released in theaters there was a whole controversy over the lyrics for “Arabian Nights.” In the end, Disney did not change the lyrics completely as was agreed upon, instead they just took out the most offensive line.(these are probably in the links someone posted above but I didnt feel like checking them out, although i should have)

However, that is not to say that only Disney has succumbed to this evil. I see we have Tom and Jerry fans out there? Well that cartoon is full of racial stereotypes, primarily targeting African Americans, but we all still watch it. Well I know I do, and I cringe when I see these stereotypes.

Smurfs? Well I always hated Smurfs, anyways, but I hated them even more so when my neighbor from Uruguay had told me that Smurfs are prevalent in her hometown, and that they are seen stealing babies and keeping them in trees…not unlike the other folktales with Smurf-like creatures.

Remember Dreamworks’ Road to El Dorado? Personally I thought it was cute and funny. However, there was this one scene where Chel was giving Tulio a :ahem:…well just use your dirty imaginations…

Well my point is that if you’re going to nitpick, its only fair that the other companies/businesses get the same treatment.

I will admit I laughed my ass off when I read the initial article (not because I disagree with it but because it sounded like me ranting... well minus alot of the profanity)

Anyway I agree Disney had slid alot in the past years. Although their older stuff was just as bad. I'm just glad New Line got the LOTR rights. I just shudder to think how that would have looked.....

Mentioned before was also alot of supposed stereo types etc.... I say "meh" to that. The whole sensitivity PC stuff is passe. It time people grew thicker skins and realised that racism, sexism etc has been around for a long time and will be around long after we are gone....it doesn't make it right at all but it is there and we have to acknowledge that instead of sweeping it under the PC rug and hoping it will go away.

Anyway Disney is on the top three most corrupted american companies list in my book ( along with Microsoft and Wal-Mart). I would bet that ol' Walt Would be rolling over in his grave if he knew what was going on....

I'm sorry to disagree but I'm a huge fan of Disney movies! Although I can't stand Mickey or Donald or Goofy or any of the original lot!

I think the imagination that goes into the films is incredible and my dream job would be to work on them, adding a bit of my creativeness to the magic!

The Nightmare Before Christmas is one of my favourites, it was different from everything else they've ever done. And I love Lilo and Stitch! Some of the more recent films have too much computer effects in them, and I agree that most of the sequels are VERY poor, but I love all the classics and still remain first in line to see the next big picture that is out. (I know I've just asked to be slaughtered!! whistling2.gif )

w00t.gif

(I know I've just asked to be slaughtered!! whistling2.gif )

Not at all, Bright Eyes. You have to try REALLY hard to get "slaughtered" here. wink2.gif

I have nothing against Micky (Satan), Donald and Goofy (evil minions). I am still a huge fan of Fantasia, probably one of the best animated movies of all time, and all done without computer generation or digital recording.

My point is that Disney should be a better example. Yes, I know there is corruption in corporate business. That is, sadly, to be expected in today's world. But Disney is supposed to be happy and wholesome, family oriented fun. And it is. On the outside. I'm just pointing out that even the best apples can have a rotten core.

Why not attack some other mega-company? Walmart? Verizon? Six-Flags? These guys don't pander to the kids. We don't put them on the same moral pedestal as we do Disney. That is why when we find this kind of corruption in Disney, it stands out that much more.

• 2 weeks later...
In "Who Framed Roger Rabbit". Daffy and Donald have a piano duel, Daffy is seen to sprout an erection during the scene.

WDIV -TV in Detroit found a dirty word spoken in the cartoon short "The Clock Cleaner", Daffy Duck was clearly heard to say "**** You". When this was discovered, Wal-Mart pulled the video from the shelves. Disney edited it and re-released it for sale. Even though they said it really wasn't there, you dirty minded people.

Daffy is a Warner Bros. cartoon, not Disney.

questionable things about disney:

In Aladdin the genie as a bee, tells teenagers to take off their clothes.

The Beast sports a tattoo in Beauty and the Beast.

Finland once banned Donald Duck because he wears no pants.

. Letters spelling the word S-E-X are formed by a cloud of dust in The Lion King.

Rafiki chants a naughty phrase in a talking Lion King book.

A phallus was drawn on the video cover of The Little Mermaid by a disgruntled artist.

A minister becomes aroused during the wedding scene in The Little Mermaid.

The look of Tinker Bell in Peter Pan was based on Marilyn Monroe.

Photographic images of a topless woman can be spotted in The Rescuers.

The film Song of the South has never been released on home video in the USA.

Disney produced an animated film called The Story of Menstruation.

Lemmings were induced into jumping off a cliff for this Disney nature film.

Mischievous animators drew Jessica Rabbit naked. also Scene where cab crashes, her skirt flies up, exposing pubic hairs.

Donald Duck shouts a racial epithet at Daffy Duck.

Pedophilia relationship between Snow White and the Seven dwarves. Those dirty old men...

ooops..sorry darkshade. i hadnt realized you had already posted a link to this.. untill i went back and read the oter posts.. crying.gifcrying.gif

It's been mused over and pointed out that without fail, in almost every Disney cartoon, the mother is killed off post haste and the main character is left an orphan. Within minutes of the opening credits. Who didn't cry when Dumbo's mom gently rocked her baby in her trunk as he cooed, unsuspecting, on the other side of that wooden pen - all she could do as she awaited being led to her death? I still cry when I think about it. I cried when I was a kid and saw that. I knew what it all meant. What about Bambi's mom getting shotgun blasted to death and him, not knowing, wandering around calling her? Jesus! How sick is that? Let's kill the Mothers! That'll set up the story nicely.

In Finding Nemo, at the start of the movie, Nemo's mom, and all of Nemos brothers and sisters are killed. Leaving just the dad and Nemo.

Anyways.....about all the discusting sex stuff that you can find in Disney movies, I never noticed any of that stuff when I was a kid, plus when your a kid you don't know any different. These are kids movies, and I am sure that a kid is not gunna say, Hey mom why does that minister have a boner? or why did the Genie tell Aladin to take his clothes off? Kids don't think like that, and I would have never known about this stuff, if people wouldn't have gone these movies with a fine tip comb looking for perverted stuff. Like how the hell would anybody see the word sex in a dust cloud, I heard about this a couple years ago and tried to pin point it out, I personally couldn't see it, it goes by soo fast.

I have a story about Walt Disney that I read. It went something like this.

On the eve of Walts 35th birthday, the Disney company wanted to put on a big birthday party for Walt. Two animators for Disney thought it would be funny to suprise Walt with a cartoon, in the cartoon it despicted Mickey and Minnie getting it on. They knew Walt would just get a kick out of it. So came the night of the party, and the unvailing of the cartoon, after the cartoon was shown, Walt was laughing hysterically, and playfully asked who made the cartoon. The two animators stood up with smiles on there faces and walked over to where Walt was. Walt right then fired both of them on the spot, and then Walt got up and walked out of his own party.

Anyways.....about all the discusting sex stuff that you can find in Disney movies, I never noticed any of that stuff when I was a kid, plus when your a kid you don't know any different. These are kids movies, and I am sure that a kid is not gunna say, Hey mom why does that minister have a boner? or why did the Genie tell Aladin to take his clothes off? Kids don't think like that, and I would have never known about this stuff, if people wouldn't have gone these movies with a fine tip comb looking for perverted stuff. Like how the hell would anybody see the word sex in a dust cloud, I heard about this a couple years ago and tried to pin point it out, I personally couldn't see it, it goes by soo fast.

exactly! I had seen all of these movies a countless number of times as a kid, and i never noticed any of this stuff. only the people who are actually hoping to find something will notice anything. and even if i saw "SEX" in a dust cloud, i seriously doubt that i would have known what the word meant nor would i be able to explain it to someone else.

btw: Brother Bear was a very cute addition to the Disney family

I love The Sword in the Stone. wub.gif And I love Disney. wub.gif