Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Wicker Man

drew hempel

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jesspy

• The Skeptic Eric Raven

• LadyRogue

• drew hempel

I was going to see it because it seems interesting but not anymore. I mean I saw that it got an "F" by critics and a "D" by fans. Not going to waste my money on it now.

The movie had serious pacing, dialogue, and acting problems. They took source material from an incredible movie and completely ruined the overall experience. Trust me on this one--from one avid horror fan to any number of others seriously contemplating seeing this poorly done remake. Do not watch it.

Then again, who am I to prevent anyone from seeing it? Check out the original before watching this one and form your own opinions.

The movie had serious pacing, dialogue, and acting problems. They took source material from an incredible movie and completely ruined the overall experience. Trust me on this one--from one avid horror fan to any number of others seriously contemplating seeing this poorly done remake. Do not watch it.

Then again, who am I to prevent anyone from seeing it? Check out the original before watching this one and form your own opinions.

will do thanks for the info :tu:

It rocks but I'm not giving it away. Sit in full lotus for it though.

How can you say that?! The movie was horrible! It made The Village look good. That's 2 hours of my life I'll never have back and 6+ bucks I could have used to buy dinner.

Edited by MadEyePixie

How can you say that?! The movie was horrible! It made The Village look good. That's 2 hours of my life I'll never have back and 6+ bucks I could have used to buy dinner.

Oh my it made the village look good.....then it must be bad I will wait until it comes on you tube in a few years

The Wicker Man (1970's) was set up like one long joke; A Grim, disturbing, harrowing joke, but a joke none the less. Everything was leading to one moment; The Punch line.

Here be spoilers.

...And the ending of the Wicker man remains one of the most harrowing moments in cinema history, completley unexpected, stretched to unbearable points of tensison, and closes on a shock of epic proportions. I kid you not when I say that - upon this films release - people could barely stumble out of the cinemas.

Everything that the Wicker Man was - that it tried to be - was leading to that one ten minute slot. We all already know how the wicker man ends though, so, with regards to the remake...

Even if they could make it better, snazzier, larger than life, it would never be the same. Theres no shock, no tension. It's like going to see The Sixth Sense then the second the film starts your friend says "He's dead, by the way."

Walken out.

:geek: Never got to see the original version of the Wicker Man,starring Edward Woodward of Breaker Morant and The Equalizer Tv Show fame.

However from what i have read here I don't think I'll go see the remake.

I saw the orginal.

Those of us in my age group who love history and see people prattling on about the peaceful, eco-cherubin pagans of old Europe love to whisper "Its a Wickerman" to each other gleefully.

We know what we mean. :D

Being a massive fan of the orginal what with the chilling atmosphere of it.

I'm going to rent this one, just to see how it stacks up, plus to anyone who's seen it the last few scenes are one that are burned into your mind :P

remind me to rent the original

the wickerman isnt due out here for another month or two so i hope to see the original soon i guess i shouldnt judge the movie until i see it

I'll probably watch it our of interest when it comes out on Sky .....

Is it true they've relocated the story to that well known centre of ancient celtic religion .... Maine? :w00t:

I would thoroughly recommend the original though :tu:

I did not like it at all. Very slow with a crappy ending. Really it was just cheesy.

I've tried to find the original movie, but can't find it anywhere. And... I don't think I'll be seeing the remake from some of the things I've heard.