Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Who is or was 'Indrid Cold' ?

Maelstrom5

As much as I would like to believe those pics are of the mothman, I don't think they are.

• 1 month later...

I absolutely LOVE the Mothman. As far as Indrid Cold, isn't he also the basis for the Grinning Man stories as well? I've read about other instances, some much more recent than the original Mothman sightings, having to do with claims of tall, otherworldly men wearing the same characteristic green clothing and possessing the same disturbing features, the most prominent of which are their wide, fixed, frightening grins. I know that Cold is assumed to be an extraterrestrial, and the Grinning Man is also defined as such. Now, I don't want to pigeonhole myself as the type to spitball about alien conspiracies, but this thought occurs to me: if Cold/Grinning Man was an early reconnaissance experiment (as evidenced by his 'pointless' questioning), the grin makes a lot of sense. Maybe Cold had previous (but unpracticed) knowledge that a smile is perceived as a friendly gesture and in turn he utilized it in order to put the human being interviewed at ease. Obviously, he overdid it. Just a thought from a sleep-deprived mind.

• Like 1

I absolutely LOVE the Mothman. As far as Indrid Cold, isn't he also the basis for the Grinning Man stories as well? I've read about other instances, some much more recent than the original Mothman sightings, having to do with claims of tall, otherworldly men wearing the same characteristic green clothing and possessing the same disturbing features, the most prominent of which are their wide, fixed, frightening grins. I know that Cold is assumed to be an extraterrestrial, and the Grinning Man is also defined as such. Now, I don't want to pigeonhole myself as the type to spitball about alien conspiracies, but this thought occurs to me: if Cold/Grinning Man was an early reconnaissance experiment (as evidenced by his 'pointless' questioning), the grin makes a lot of sense. Maybe Cold had previous (but unpracticed) knowledge that a smile is perceived as a friendly gesture and in turn he utilized it in order to put the human being interviewed at ease. Obviously, he overdid it. Just a thought from a sleep-deprived mind.

Not sure if Cold was the basis for the Grinning Man. But I think that they're probably not related seeing as how the Grinning Man was seen after the events at Point Pleasant and in a different place as well. But yeah, they have similar features.

<!--quoteo(post=1338434:date=Sep 6 2006, 10:55 AM:name=VeggieCannibal)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VeggieCannibal @ Sep 6 2006, 10:55 AM) 1338434[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

It's from the mothman guy's blog. He writes all this weird, pseudo-cryptic, creepy stuff involving mothman and the government, and I thought it was funny that he'd just devote a post to the subject of people being mean to him online. That's how it relates.

<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

O.k. everybody say it with me...ready? One....two.....three: <i>AGENDA!!!!!</i>

AGENDA!!!

:huh:

what the hell.....no one else said it...

and those pics are bunk. nothing there but glare from the window.

• 1 year later...

Hello I am new to the forum and have always been interested in the paranormal since I was around five years of age.

I am sorry for resurrecting this thread but I have your answer.

The character Indrid Cold is supposed to represent the late Icelandic medium Indriði Indriðason.

Hello I am new to the forum and have always been interested in the paranormal since I was around five years of age.

I am sorry for resurrecting this thread but I have your answer.

The character Indrid Cold is supposed to represent the late Icelandic medium Indriði Indriðason.

I don't think that is right. But being as how this is the internet and all, it is almost taboo to correct it, so carry on...

Indriði Indriðason is not the Mothman but he is probably still with us to warn us of disasters and such.

Woody Derenberger claims that Indrid Cold stated that he was an alien from the planet named Lanulos.

Perhaps Indriði Indriðason was never a human to begin with?

Perhaps Indriði Indriðason was never a human to begin with?

Well, why not take that speculation a step further and ponder the notion that perhaps he was never real to begin with...

I mean, while we are blindly guessing. It would appear to be just as likely.

Edited by Mike G

Well, why not take that speculation a step further and ponder the notion that perhaps he was never real to begin with...

I mean, while we are blindly guessing. It would appear to be just as likely.

That very well could be.

Taunia Derenberger, daughter of Woody Derenberger claims to have seen UFO's throughout her life and has stated that before her father died he told her that Cold would be watching over her. She even claims to have met Indrid Cold herself as a child and there was telepathic communication between them.

Edited by Voltin
  • Like 1

That very well could be.

Taunia Derenberger, daughter of Woody Derenberger claims to have seen UFO's throughout her life and has stated that before her father died he told her that Cold would be watching over her. She even claims to have met Indrid Cold herself as a child and there was telepathic communication between them.

All of which can only aid sales of the upcoming book on the matter that she is writing at this moment. She has a financial gain in proliferating the story, so we should probably take what she has to say with a grain of salt at best, and as a blatant sales pitch at worst.

Edited by Mike G

Indrid Cold wasn't the mothman nor was he supposed to be. All this talk about that isn't the mothman is true but shows a lack of knowledge.

He is the smiling man. The presence that would tell of future disasters, like the bridge collapse from the movie. As far as I know he only spoke to John Keel and only on the phone.

All of which can only aid sales of the upcoming book on the matter that she is writing at this moment. She has a financial gain in proliferating the story, so we should probably take what she has to say with a grain of salt at best, and as a blatant sales pitch at worst.

I have to agree with this statement.

• Like 2