Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

My EVP - The spirit Chatter File

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

I've found a new home for my evp files at Putfile.com. Since they don't provide space to tell the story I will recount the full story here in it's reported form that I wrote after the event. If you want to to skip the story (warning long) and just pick up the bottom line facts then scroll to the bottom :tu:

Background Story - (Names have been changed to protect Yahoo identities. Since

this is a unique and complex story it's described in every detail step by step of what happened)

One afternoon on the 28th of November 2005, Two well known friends and myself met online for a private voice chat conference using Yahoo. The voice conference was working well with a good clear connection. After a short time Haps reported that her computer speakers were starting to behave oddly, an incidence that had started to happen quite often. We asked her to explain what was happening and she told us that at frequent random intervals her speakers would just produce belts of loud static white noise. Being intrigued by this I asked her to let us hear next time it happened. Soon enough Haps speakers started to belt the white noise out, Haps allowed us to hear by placing her microphone connection on 'hands free'. For those not familiar with Yahoo voice chat, you have the option to voice chat by pressing the 'talk' button manually while you speak, or to

select a check button for a hands free connection which gives the user a permanent over-riding hands free connection.

We could clearly hear the white noise coming through on our ends via the voice chat link, and thought it rather creepy. It started to behave like moarse code, coming across in patterns of short and long bursts, with periods of silence in between. Getting my thinking cap on I asked Haps to check she didn't have anything obvious around her that could cause such noise disturbance, like a cell phone or radio.

Haps had a look around and couldn't find anything as such. Next we thought it would be a good idea to check that it wasn't interference with the microphone itself or being to close to the speakers, or up too loud. Although we knew it couldn't really be that as her voice connection otherwise in between the static belts was perfectly clear and of a normal volume. Haps played around with the distance of her speakers and Mic, at one point even having her Mic behind her couch! While still on hands free, no matter what the distance was as things got moved around there was no relation to the production of the static white noise.

And then....Something strange started to happen. There was a new kind of sound coming in and out with each static blast. I could hear the change and so could my other friend Hem, but Haps couldn't on her end. We thought this was really weird as we were both listening to the same sounds coming from Haps speaker but not hearing the same noises now as Haps could. The new noises quickly started to get louder and more frequent to the point that they sounded like voices. We could hear different pitched words, laughing, coughing,gurgling and heavy breathing/sighing noises. Both Hem and I reported the same things as they went on and on, but Haps could only hear the same plain static noise as ever before. I at this point announced my thought that this wasn't just anyold 'interference' but possibly spirit chatter and we had somehow managed to pick it up as a live EVP. Not being a stranger to spiritual occurrences this was exciting and extremely interesting to me. I suggested that I would grab my dictaphone and start recording this, if only for Haps benefit to prove that Hem and I really were hearing 'chatter' through the white noise.

I quickly set up my dictaphone so that it was propped up close to my PC speaker and hit the record button. After a few mins I decided I would try and 'interact' with the voices. To do this and to out rule any chance of these voices coming from another audio source that may have somehow got mixed up or crossed wired with our voice conference I spoke to the voices with my Mic but not through the voice chat system. So I was basically talking directly to my speaker while my dictaphone recorded everything, no one else could hear me because I was not connected to the voice chat. Remember that Haps was on hands free and the only user broadcasting through the voice chat system.

I must stress at this point that the way I had this set up is very important. It's really important to grasp at this stage and I hope you are not lost reading this yet. It's this very way that the interaction with the voices took place that provides the only single bit of prove/evidence for this event being EVP and not 'cross wires' of any sort. This is the part that no body can yet explain. I have asked experienced techs, electricians and engineers to provide me with an explanation for this and so far they can't.

Now for the final leg, if you thought that was complex, hang in there for the rest!

I start to ask questions such as 'what is your name? At first the only reply is in static noise. When I ask about age, the first proper reply comes through, the voice of a old man saying 'I am 67' then something else which I can't quite make out. The voice made the hairs on my neck stand up, as I heard it come across loud and clear through my speaker. Since Hap and Hem could not hear my questions I typed to them instead letting them know that something was responding to me. Now Hem could hear the answers of the voices to my questions, but not my questions. I asked more questions and the English speaking old man seemed to leave and some non English voices came in. I estimated about 3 different voices coming in and out, and although the replies to the rest of the conversation were

not in English, there was clearly a pattern of dialogue happening. Once the conversation was over I rewound the tape in my dictaphone and played it into the voice chat conference so Hap and Hem could hear the whole thing as I had.

Below is the link to the recording of this conversation, It has been converted from the dictaphone to a mp3 file. The recording is little over 5 min long and you should play it a couple of times to really get into it. Also please throw your volume up high.

Things you should know about are -

1. My dog can be heard barking in the background at times

2. The sound of my typing between Q's and A's as I was typing to Hap and Hem as

they could not hear my questions.

3 - The static white noise comes from Haps speakers like a radio tunned in between stations, the white noise blasts carried the voices on my end and Hem's end, but Haps couldn't hear the voices at all on her end.

4- The static white noise occurred even offline and when not in a voice chat so the source of the white noise can't be from the voice chat or microphone. The source of it remains unknown.

5 - While the questions were being asked I was not connected to the voice chat, I was

not broadcasting in any way. Only I was aware of the questions being asked at the time, Haps nor Hem could hear my questions. Haps computer was the only one connected and streaming hands free through the voice chat the intire time of the recording. It's this fact that makes this recording stand out as a EVP and not cross wires. It makes it impossible for the various experts I've spoken to about it, debunk.

To me it felt strongly at the time like i was having a proper conversation with someone who couldn't speak english. I know nobody can never hear it as clearly as i did when experincing it, have lost some quailty in it just from recording it. But the second question 'what age are you' and the reply 'I am 67' was so clear in live time but in such a odd and low low tone/freqency - it was really errie. The other voices/vocals almost sounded cartoonish to me in that they are speeded up or like somone has had a go at the helium balloons.....

Update - Since the file has been cleaned up I can now make out that the english speaking voice says " I am 67 and I've got throat caaan..." Which I am assuming is 'cancer'. Please excuse the painful tone to the recordings, the sound quality is bad and odd after going thru filters.

Lastly, for the people that know me and what I'm about, I wouldn't have wasted my time with this EVP if I didn't think it was worth listening to. I don't need any convincing on this one, the bottom line that keeps coming back is 'can't explain'. I've got some other EVP's and they're just so clouded that they aren't worth anyones time listening to. This has been more of a headache than anything because of the detail.

I do welcome your comments and opinions on this and I hope you enjoy it. :yes:

Now for the links -

Original version

Cleaned up and filtered version

Question - What age are you clip

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bLu3 de 3n3rgy

• Wookie McFly

• Lorelei

• Acenaspheru

o.o now i'm a little creeped out...my speakers rescently have started making weird noises. not white noice or anything like that, but when i have them on, usually late at night, it almost sounds like music comeing through, even when it's dead silent in the house and I'm just on a word pad. :cry: now that you said that i'm worried. kinda scared to take my recorder to it, though it has crossed my mind.

I've found from research into all this that PC speakers can pick up radio waves sometimes late at night from certain frequancies, weather conditions. Unless what you hear starts to interact with you then I wouldn't worry to much :) I think anything with audio output has the potential to pick up EVP.

That has happened on my dad's pc too - picking up random russian/french/german radio stations late at night while turned off, but that just does NOT sound like a radio, more like someone at death's door choking. I'd be spooked out.

Edited by ÆrieDescent

For you to be able to think calmly and proceed with recording is terrific. The age EVP is so clear. Have seen enough of your responses to know how serious you are and that you can be trusted. Great job in being able to record such a terrific and creepy EVP. All EVP's are creepy to me. :tu: Oh, and thanks for the backgound information. It allowed it to make more sense of what what going on.

Edited by RollingThunder06

For you to be able to think calmly and proceed with recording is terrific. The age EVP is so clear. Have seen enough of your responses to know how serious you are and that you can be trusted. Great job in being able to record such a terrific and creepy EVP. All EVP's are creepy to me. :tu: Oh, and thanks for the backgound information. It allowed it to make more sense of what what going on.

Thanks very much. Believe me I was quite taken back at the time, I'm used to communicating with spirits, but not like that! hence my rubbish questions! :D

I couldn't think of what to say, just knew I had to keep prompting for responses and keep it going, it intrigued me alot as to why 'it' was getting really annoyed by my questions lol. Unfortunatly I never could establish what langauge it was. If only it had been english!

I've found from research into all this that PC speakers can pick up radio waves sometimes late at night from certain frequancies, weather conditions. Unless what you hear starts to interact with you then I wouldn't worry to much :) I think anything with audio output has the potential to pick up EVP.

ah good! it doesn't seem to be comunicating, though it des quite freak me out when it happens. I asumed it was something like working in the back ground on my computer but then i read that and it was ewwwww scary!

XD the story alone creeped me out so i figured i'd wait to listen to it until i wasn't scared so i'm going to go listen to it now.

Anvil.......Please don't think I am questioning your EVP recordings. I trust your judgement on that. Great recordings! But I must relate something that happened just a few days ago. My oldest daughter and I were in her room. She was sitting at her desk with her laptop computer on. She had called me in for help with a program installation. While we were doing this, my youngest daughter was in her bedroom talking on her portable phone. While my daughter and I were working we suddenly heard a voice coming from her laptop speakers. It was my other daughter's voice. Her phone conversation was being picked up by the laptop speakers. Thankfully it wasn't a terribly confidential conversation. LOL. So........it seems to me that computer speakers are particularly vulnerable to picking up stray audio waves. Also....static noise in computer speakers can sometimes be caused by an amplifier that is failing, as well as interference from appliances in the home. That being said, I certainly agree that many electronic devices do seem to be convenient tools for spirit communication.

Anvil, since you are interested in EVP, you might enjoy the website of a man I know. A very dear friend of mine has been taking part in some paranormal research with this man. His name is Alan Hatfield and he is a psychic medium. His website has quite a few interesting EVP recordings obtained during research. I'm not trying to promote his site, just thought you might find the EVPs interesting to listen to. Alan's EVPs

wow,those were creepy,can't wait till i get back to school,and record again,hopefully get some better ones than i did earlier

Anvil.......Please don't think I am questioning your EVP recordings. I trust your judgement on that. Great recordings! But I must relate something that happened just a few days ago. My oldest daughter and I were in her room. She was sitting at her desk with her laptop computer on. She had called me in for help with a program installation. While we were doing this, my youngest daughter was in her bedroom talking on her portable phone. While my daughter and I were working we suddenly heard a voice coming from her laptop speakers. It was my other daughter's voice. Her phone conversation was being picked up by the laptop speakers. Thankfully it wasn't a terribly confidential conversation. LOL. So........it seems to me that computer speakers are particularly vulnerable to picking up stray audio waves. Also....static noise in computer speakers can sometimes be caused by an amplifier that is failing, as well as interference from appliances in the home. That being said, I certainly agree that many electronic devices do seem to be convenient tools for spirit communication.

Anvil, since you are interested in EVP, you might enjoy the website of a man I know. A very dear friend of mine has been taking part in some paranormal research with this man. His name is Alan Hatfield and he is a psychic medium. His website has quite a few interesting EVP recordings obtained during research. I'm not trying to promote his site, just thought you might find the EVPs interesting to listen to. Alan's EVPs

Thanks for the link Earthchick, I will check that out!

Heheh I'm prepared for the various theories that may be throw at this EVP, been around the block so many times now with it. Certainly is strange what happened with your daughters voice coming through the laptop speaker and it does show that PC speakers can pick up on other interferences.

However, the only thing that iscolates this as an EVP and not cross wires or other interference is the fact that the static was being produced by my friend Hap's PC. She couldn't hear the voices at all, only Myself and Hem could within the static outbursts. Between the static everything was clear and normal. When I started conversing with the voices I was not broadcasting through the voice chat system, only I was aware of asking the questions, yet the voices responded to me and Hem was able to hear the same responses but not my questions obviously. Really strange one to get the head around! at this stage I think the cause of the static noise is irrelevant, it's known you can delibartly produce static noise to record EVP from anyway.

The bit nobody can workout is why the voices should have responded to me if I wasn't broadcasting, yet Hem could also hear the voices but Hap couldn't......Where were the voices coming from and why could they hear me as well?

I almost feel that I want to draw a diagram out, this is what puzzels me...

Say If the voices were coming from my end because of the static coming thru from Hap's end, then why could Hem hear the voices when I wasn't broadcasting? Outrule that...

If the voices were coming from Hem or Hap's end then how could the voices hear me ask the questions if I wasn't broadcasting? Outrule crosswire etc.

Option left - EVP

Edited by Anvil

Good assessment.

ANVIL : First off, what type of noise filtering software do you use and at what frequency level. I'm sure you have cleaned it up and filtered it out before you said that it is a EV Phenomenon? If not, it could have simply be someone standing close by.

If not, it could have simply be someone standing close by.

There is nothing in this post, or any other, which would suggest that Anvil manufactured this EVP. Let's not get into libelous territory, especially on one of the better EVPs ever presented on this forum.

In addition, she posted the cleaned and original recordings, thus, you have your answer.

Earthchick- While I agree with you that interfearence could have contributed to this EVP in theory, however, the concept that anvil was getting responses to her questions, clearly puts this in EVP land. To quote a friend: It's like you were listening to a radio program, asked a question, and the guy on the radio answered your question.

--Marty

I do believe in spirits and I do believe in EVP's. But, I am going to be skeptical here.

First of all, I don't hear anything in the what age are you EVP except for some garble which could be anything.

Also, this is Yahoo chat which I am very familar with and often use. Many times while using voice chat I have gotten "cross overs" of other people's conversations.

The lady speaking at the end in some foreign language was probably one of these "cross overs". She just keeps rambling on without taking much notice that you are talking to her. I think you got a one-sided conversation of the real human type.

Then we have to add in the fact of all the background noise...dog barking, you typing, the audio recorder's internal noises. It sure makes for too many noises happening at once to really focus on one thing.

I hate be a dampening of spirits so to say but, this one just doesn't do it for me. :no:

After taking a listen, it has me stumped. I will admit that. Collecting EVP evidence such as this, and this long is remarkable. Lets not rule out the possibilies slated as always once before.

After taking a first glance at it, it reminded me of the time in the movie sixth sense. When he was reviewing an audio tape in the basement of one of his patients whom he left alone. While he was gone someone started moreless yelling in a foreign language to his patient.

After further review, the more I listend to it, the more it appeared to be some sort of broadcast or even a telephone conversation. Although I need to review it more, just wanted to toss out some suggestions.

Edited by FGHS.Founder

Good assessment.

ANVIL : First off, what type of noise filtering software do you use and at what frequency level. I'm sure you have cleaned it up and filtered it out before you said that it is a EV Phenomenon? If not, it could have simply be someone standing close by.

I didn't clean or filter it as I don't have the software or knowledge. It was done properly for me by someone. Various people have looked at it all ready.

Nobody was standing next to me, I was alone in the house except for the dog.

I was aware if it was a possible EVP from the moment it happened in Live Time as I knew no one else could hear my questions.

There is nothing in this post, or any other, which would suggest that Anvil manufactured this EVP. Let's not get into libelous territory, especially on one of the better EVPs ever presented on this forum.

In addition, she posted the cleaned and original recordings, thus, you have your answer.

Earthchick- While I agree with you that interfearence could have contributed to this EVP in theory, however, the concept that anvil was getting responses to her questions, clearly puts this in EVP land. To quote a friend: It's like you were listening to a radio program, asked a question, and the guy on the radio answered your question.

--Marty

Thankyou Marty!!! :):):)

I didn't clean or filter it as I don't have the software or knowledge. It was done properly for me by someone. Various people have looked at it all ready.

Nobody was standing next to me, I was alone in the house except for the dog.

I was aware if it was a possible EVP from the moment it happened in Live Time as I knew no one else could hear my questions.

Cool! Next time, try to do live video coverage as you do a EVP session. It helps to validate as it being authientic. Which in turn only benifits you as more will be willing to help.

I do believe in spirits and I do believe in EVP's. But, I am going to be skeptical here.

First of all, I don't hear anything in the what age are you EVP except for some garble which could be anything.

Also, this is Yahoo chat which I am very familar with and often use. Many times while using voice chat I have gotten "cross overs" of other people's conversations.

The lady speaking at the end in some foreign language was probably one of these "cross overs". She just keeps rambling on without taking much notice that you are talking to her. I think you got a one-sided conversation of the real human type.

Then we have to add in the fact of all the background noise...dog barking, you typing, the audio recorder's internal noises. It sure makes for too many noises happening at once to really focus on one thing.

I hate be a dampening of spirits so to say but, this one just doesn't do it for me. :no:

I'm familar with Yahoo chat as well, I use it for voice conferencing quite often to keep in touch with people. Just to clarify, we don't blame or believe there was anything at fault with yahoo or the voice chat that afternoon. The static problem was with Hap's PC speakers only. We know this because she reported having problems with it for sometime previously whenever she was on OR offline. The actual voicechat connection otherwise between the blasts of static from Hap's speaker was clear and normal.

Crosswires can be outruled simply because I was not broadcasting my questions.

The question "What age are you?" with the reply " I am 67 and I've got throat caa" deffiantly led me on to think I was interacting with somebody.

It did feel at the time like I was having a conversation with someone who couldn't speak english, it seemed like there was a level of frustration with langauge barrier and with me asking the same thing over and over towards the end.

Cool! Next time, try to do live video coverage as you do a EVP session. It helps to validate as it being authientic. Which in turn only benifits you as more will be willing to help.

Yes Sir.

--Marty

I didn't suggest that interference was the case with Anvil's EVPs at all. I had hoped that my opening sentence in that post would clarify that. The only reason I posted that at all was so that some of our younger readers here wouldn't start jumping to conclusions if something similar to what happened on my daughter's computer were to happen to them. I can imagine that such interference is likely a common occurrence in apartment buildings, or in towns where houses are close together.

Anvil.......I am very curious, I must admit, if the spirit of the man with throat cancer was deliberately trying to communicate to one of the three of you, or if this was totally random. I guess there is no way for you to know that??

oh crazy :w00t: . nice work. i've heard that old guy quite clearly saying he was 67, he also seems to be in pain

Edited by lufia

I'm familar with Yahoo chat as well, I use it for voice conferencing quite often to keep in touch with people. Just to clarify, we don't blame or believe there was anything at fault with yahoo or the voice chat that afternoon. The static problem was with Hap's PC speakers only. We know this because she reported having problems with it for sometime previously whenever she was on OR offline. The actual voicechat connection otherwise between the blasts of static from Hap's speaker was clear and normal.

Crosswires can be outruled simply because I was not broadcasting my questions.

The question "What age are you?" with the reply " I am 67 and I've got throat caa" deffiantly led me on to think I was interacting with somebody.

It did feel at the time like I was having a conversation with someone who couldn't speak english, it seemed like there was a level of frustration with langauge barrier and with me asking the same thing over and over towards the end.

Fair enough.

But, I am really confused. Are you saying that your friend was hearing voices through HER speakers and then she put her microphone up to her speakers, relaying it through yahoo chat where you heard it in your speakers and then you recorded it?

Because if that is the case I still think you are opening up a variety of options for actual human interference.

I'm not trying to be mean or start an argument, that is just what I honestly think.

I also still don't hear anything with the "what age are you?" question except for some garbled noises. I don't hear anything being answered clearly...sorry :hmm:

Edited by Lorelei