Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

My EVP - The spirit Chatter File

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

Fair enough.

But, I am really confused. Are you saying that your friend was hearing voices through HER speakers and then she put her microphone up to her speakers, relaying it through yahoo chat where you heard it in your speakers and then you recorded it?

Because if that is the case I still think you are opening up a variety of options for actual human interference.

I'm not trying to be mean or start an argument, that is just what I honestly think.

I also still don't hear anything with the "what age are you?" question except for some garbled noises. I don't hear anything being answered clearly...sorry :hmm:

It's ok :) I know it's confusing, let me try explain this again.

My friend Hap's PC speakers were randomly and frequantly blasting out static white noise on there own accord. We don't know what the source of it was or why this was happening. It became the focus of the conversation because it started to happen during the voice chat but she had told us it was something that had started to happen before. I asked my friend to let us hear the static blasts, so she placed her voice chat on hands free and laid her mic down next to her speaker and we all waited to hear it. At first it was only happening every 40 secs or so and would last from a few seconds to 10/15 secs at a time. All we could hear was plain static white noise.

At this point we tryed to outrule any interferences such as a cell phone or something. Hap's played about with distance of her speakers to PC to mic etc but nothing made any difference. Eventually it started to get more frequant and something about it all seemed to change. Hem (my other friend) and myself started to hear noises like morse code and then gurgling, laughing, heavy breathing sounds. It was at this point that I grabbed my dictiphone to record the noises because Hap's couldn't hear any of this, all she could hear was plain static noise as before.

When I started to record I thought I would ask some questions because I was thinking possible EVP at this stage. If you listen to the recording carefully, you can hear just how frequant the static blasts with the embedded voices are. This also added to the feeling of me conversing with these voices, because the the rythm/tempo everything about the static blasts changed from how it was before, it felt like a patteren of dialect ever so slightly lagging. A bit like when your using CB radio.

The response to my question 'what age are you' is slightly lagged, but I clearly heard 'I am 67' at the time, I'm aware nobody can ever hear at as well as I did live :(

So to recap, The static blasts were coming from Hap's PC speaker which was being broadcasted via voice chat by her mic on a handsfree connection. Hem and Myself were the only ones who could hear the voices, Hap's never did hear the voices, only the static blasts.

When I started to record and ask questions, I wasn't broadcasting my questions. Hap's PC was the only PC broadcasting the intire time, but the voices in the static noise were responding to me.

Is this any more clearer?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bLu3 de 3n3rgy

• Wookie McFly

• Lorelei

• earthchick

Wow, very good work!

I have no doubts.

I remember picking up extra stuff on one of my musical-keyboard amps, while I was practicing and singing one day. It was freaking me out. Then, the voices started talking in "CB" Trucker-type language, and I realized that it was coming from the H.A.M. radio store a few blocks away. I was like, damn, nothing supernatural commenting on my music...and then I couldn't get the obnoxious chatter to stop, so I quit for the day.

I can't say I'm convinced one way or another but my Mom couldn't ever even get me to believe in Santa so take that with a grain of salt...

I just wanted to say thanks for posting it, was a good listen. I do look forward to hearing more. I was also suprised that nobody commented as to what a beautiful voice you have, Anvil. You have a very pretty accent :yes:

(I sound like Rosanne Barr with a bad head cold) <_<

It's ok :) I know it's confusing, let me try explain this again.

Is this any more clearer?

Yes, much more clearer! I was thinking that the voices could be heard at your friend's house and then you were talking to the voices via the internet. :blush:

I'm still not sure what to think though. I think I will leave this one undetermined.

I'd be interested to know if you could get more EVP's?

And you do have a lovely accent like Episteme pointed out. :yes:

I can't say I'm convinced one way or another but my Mom couldn't ever even get me to believe in Santa so take that with a grain of salt...

I just wanted to say thanks for posting it, was a good listen. I do look forward to hearing more. I was also suprised that nobody commented as to what a beautiful voice you have, Anvil. You have a very pretty accent :yes:

(I sound like Rosanne Barr with a bad head cold) <_<

Thanks very much Episteme! :) and Mostar

Edited by Anvil

Yes, much more clearer! I was thinking that the voices could be heard at your friend's house and then you were talking to the voices via the internet. :blush:

I'm still not sure what to think though. I think I will leave this one undetermined.

I'd be interested to know if you could get more EVP's?

And you do have a lovely accent like Episteme pointed out. :yes:

Thanks Lorelei! :) What happened has never happened again. My friend also moved house very shortly after.

Sorry I heard nothing. Even with your suggestion as to what I was supposed to hear and when it was to be heard, I heard nothing but superfluous noise.

• 2 months later...

Wow Anvil, that's pretty creepy, although, it sounds more like to me that whatever it is, is either gasping for air or choking :(

I haven't been able to hear anything because I don't have speakers here at my office, but from what I have read of all your responses, Im just gonna throw this out there.

The man said he was 67 and he seemingly was about to say, "I have throat Cancer."

If he was on the other side wouldn't he have stated he "had throat cancer?"

Also, if he did have throat cancer then it would explain how Aralaic mentioned he sounded like he was gasping for air and basically choking his words out.

Could it be possible something in the hospital he was hooked up to may have connected you two?

Hi Anvil,

I do hear "I'm 67" ... but there's a lot static...

Would it be possible for you to just record using a tape recorder instead?

Edited by wingd_with_awe

Im not convinced, pareidolia and cross modulation seems like the most logical explanation.

Another possible explanation is that people may have used old tapes, knowingly or not, for EVP sessions, and that the voices they hear come from previous recording "bleeding through".

To bad that Meek and ONeil, Spiricom, who promised direct two-way communication with the dead, shocker, never made it. How cool would it be to call up my dead grandmother, but then again, this is exactly what keeps this idea of EVP alive. The -What if...!

The man said he was 67 and he seemingly was about to say, "I have throat Cancer."

If he was on the other side wouldn't he have stated he "had throat cancer?"

Also, if he did have throat cancer then it would explain how Aralaic mentioned he sounded like he was gasping for air and basically choking his words out.

Could it be possible something in the hospital he was hooked up to may have connected you two?

I can't make out everything that voice says just the bits I am 67 and got throat caaan *choke* so without knowing whatelse he said it's hard to know. It's a good point though Becca. Maybe he passed on but not crossed over yet.

I can't see how it's possible for another connection to have 'hooked' us up. The voices were coming in the static from my friends speaker, Remember I wasn't broadcasting my questions through anything. It's this fact that makes it stand out as unexplainable and worth telling about. I would have been the first person to call it crossed wires or interference if wasn't for this fact :)

Hi Anvil,

I do hear "I'm 67" ... but there's a lot static...

Would it be possible for you to just record using a tape recorder instead?

Not sure what you mean wingd, it was recorded with a voice recorder.

Im not convinced, pareidolia and cross modulation seems like the most logical explanation.

Another possible explanation is that people may have used old tapes, knowingly or not, for EVP sessions, and that the voices they hear come from previous recording "bleeding through".

I used a brand new tape right out it's packaging.

Edited by Anvil

Couldn't make out "I am 67" but heard alot of definate hacking/coughing and a definate male voice responding to your question, scariest thing about this is I used to use yahoo chat constantly and now use skype, i'm on it right now in fact, even when I was listening to the evp :lol: another thing for me to be scared of :no:

Thanks for sharing....hehe

This is an evp that I inadvertantly caught on the audio portion of my camera when I accidently caught on the video portion of my camera when I inadvertantly turned it on while trying to put it into the case. I have a habit of inadvertantly turning it on due to my illness without realising it. When I caught this evp, the camera was set to video. I had the intention of deleting it off the card as it was not planned. I didn't know there was anything on that segment at the time.

Later, as I had forgot to delete it off the camera, I went to delete it off my computer. I played it back as it showed 30s of recording. The voice came out as you hear it on my computer. I was dumbfounded to say the least. My husband confirmed what I heard the voice say on the clip.

I think it is great to be able to get a full conversation to questions asked. I still don't know who the 'she' is that suffered, and the person whose voice came through my camera. Strange thing just happened while I was writing this...my husband and I detected the strong smell of those cigars that have the cherry smell to them, before they are lit. I don't know if anybody knows what cigars I mean, but the smell is really powerful. It is gone now, but was in the room with us for the past five minutes. The smell of cherries moved around the room. We thought it might be my husband's dad as he use to smoke those type of cigars this time of year and my husband is trying to compile his family history to produce an archive for future generations.

I had to throw out my nearly 30 year old valve amplifier a couple of months back, when ever I turned it up to a certian level (2-3/10) it would screech very loudly, now my technical side knew it was the amp bleeding noise through feedback caused by failling components, but the screech would actually sound like it was making incoherent shouting, now that was just the treble (high pitched end) the bass (low pitch end) side was going tha-thump tha-thump tha-thump...

So needless to say I said "b******s!" and chucked it, but it kind of put the creeps into me hearing this screeching which almost soundling like it was saying something with this booming what sounded like heart beating.

I had to throw out my nearly 30 year old valve amplifier a couple of months back, when ever I turned it up to a certian level (2-3/10) it would screech very loudly, now my technical side knew it was the amp bleeding noise through feedback caused by failling components, but the screech would actually sound like it was making incoherent shouting, now that was just the treble (high pitched end) the bass (low pitch end) side was going tha-thump tha-thump tha-thump...

So needless to say I said "b******s!" and chucked it, but it kind of put the creeps into me hearing this screeching which almost soundling like it was saying something with this booming what sounded like heart beating.

Sounds like your filter capacitors were haunted.