Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bloody Mary: Fact or fiction?

Alienated Being

Does chanting bloody mary three times in front of a darkened mirror actually summon a vengeful spirit of a woman? I think not. For one, I doubt that the lighting conditions would matter much. I've tried it on about three different occasions, and my mother even did it with a candle once and nothing happened.

Do you believe in this "Bloody Mary"?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Little_Nephilm

• Alienated Being

• dragodeathlord

• andy marsh

There's already threads about Bloody Mary, but no, I don't believe it at all.

No man, what you have to do is go out and find a crop circle, after you have done that, you must stand in the center of it on a copper plated barstool, while juggling three red water ballons filled with...

NO.

Nope I don't believe in it anymore. It's just a fun way to try to scare your friends especially on Halloween. The whole thing is just an interesting myth.

:P ya, i was freaked out about that kinda stuff when i was a kid, i still don't have the guts to do it. but i'm not afraid of it anymore!! :rofl:

Nope but it is a great way to get a good scare.

Hell yeah! Here's what you do - get a few drunken mates over, and get one of them agree to do it, citing that 'you have to be alone for it to work'. Then, listen at the door, and burst in just as they're at their most nervous! It's great fun :D

I do. I'm afraid of her, even dreaming about her scares me. No thanks, but how she came to be is interesting. I heard she was a Ohio woman who's husband killed her children. =/

I do. I'm afraid of her, even dreaming about her scares me. No thanks, but how she came to be is interesting. I heard she was a Ohio woman who's husband killed her children. =/

I always thought that "Bloody Mary" was the name for Mary Queen of Scots whom had a blood lust like no other and therefor was dubbed. "Bloody Mary." because of that. And the urban legend...well...I have no idea where that came from.

[Oh, and MoonPrincess. Love the avi. Sailormoon is awsome. Just wish they hadnt butchered the stories cause it had a lot of homosexual characters Like Zoicite(whom was male)and had the hots for Malachite, and Fisheye(whom was also male).]

That's what I heard at a Ohio site. Though I don't know which story to believe, but I'm leading more to Queen of Scots. =/

[Thanks.]

No need to be afraid of her. She doesn't exist. xD

That's what I heard at a Ohio site. Though I don't know which story to believe, but I'm leading more to Queen of Scots. =/

[Thanks.]

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/ghosts/bloodymary.asp

Well here's a good link to some of the stories behind Bloody Mary. But as to the referrence to her as "Bloody Bones" that is not to be confused with the bogart "Rawhide and Bloody Bones"

No need to be afraid of her. She doesn't exist. xD

When I was told about her while little. I became afraid of her, yet I still am.

Thanks for the link, Little_Nephilm. I'll read parts of it now.

When I was told about her while little. I became afraid of her, yet I still am.

Thanks for the link, Little_Nephilm. I'll read parts of it now.

No problem. I can understand about childhood fears. I'm still afraid of ghosts myself. I've always known they exist cause I could feel them around me. And the idea that you cant really kill that which is already dead scares the bejeepers out of me.

That's why I've taken the time to acctually learn as much about them as I can so that I know exactly how to fight one if it decided to become malevolent.

I first heard the story when I was in first grade. I thought that it was mostly a girl thing. Later, I heard the legend again and I was not phased by it then either. It is a fun one to tell kids about though. Try it on camp outs or slumber parties. It's sure to keep at least one of them up all night!

Bloody mary ===========> Fiction :tu:

Oh we did it in Elementary and it scared the living daylights out of me. When we did it and finished it nothing came. Just a silly children's game to scare the tar out of people and little kids. I don't believe in it anymore not for a number of years.

Oh we did it in Elementary and it scared the living daylights out of me. When we did it and finished it nothing came. Just a silly children's game to scare the tar out of people and little kids. I don't believe in it anymore not for a number of years.

I remember being told about it and being so frightened I had to cover my bedroom mirror in posters - but eventually you realise it's just a mirror, and that's all :)

thats like people believe chain mail!

If you dont repost this to 10 billiion people, a man will sneak behind you with a knife and stab you!!! oHHH NOO!

If you dont repost this to 10 billiion people, a man will sneak behind you with a knife and stab you!!! oHHH NOO!

You've just broken the chain! Enjoy your slow, painful death at the hands of Bloody Mary :devil:

I always thought that "Bloody Mary" was the name for Mary Queen of Scots whom had a blood lust like no other and therefor was dubbed. "Bloody Mary." because of that.

Wrong Queen Mary. "Bloody" Mary was an English Queen, eldest daughter of Henry VIII and sister of Elizabeth I. After the death of her brother, Edward, she become queen and returned England to Catholicism. She had a nice line in persecuting Protestants, hence the name.

Hey, it's been Historically proven that Chainmail is real.

See what I mean?

Now, Chain LETTER'S is another story. lol.

Not real!!

Just like the candyman - he's a fictional character created by some horror film bloke.

From what I was told, she was a traitor who was trapped in the London Tower to rot and she became to live in mirrors and when you say her name aloud times she appears and scratches your face...bleh!!

Just like the candyman - he's a fictional character created by some horror film bloke.

God I hate this character. Real crappy variation of Bloody Mary and yes I have said it at least 20 times.