Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Steve Irwin deserved it, says Germaine Greer

Paranoid Android

Germaine Greer is a pot.

Steve Irwin is a kettle.

Greer says to Irwin "you're black".

Its funny how she calls Steve a media whore but that's all she really is. I guess she's trying to move the grieving process along a bit. Either that or she's a vindictive witch with nothing nice to say.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• truethat

• Raptor

• girty1600

• frogfish

Nobody like Steve Irwin deserves to die, and saying that somebody who is dead deserved it is an evil person. She is entitled to her opinion however she should not have said anything that would hurt his memory. He was an inspiration to millions and I just hope that she is the one who dies.

I was going to have the link in my banner as my sig but couldn't get it to work.

Rather disgusting if you ask me. I wonder if she and Anne Coulter have a lesbian relationship, I'm sure they would be perfect for eachother. Eh, screw it, I say we feed them both to some crocs.

Edited by Reincarnated

Nobody like Steve Irwin deserves to die, and saying that somebody who is dead deserved it is an evil person. She is entitled to her opinion however she should not have said anything that would hurt his memory. He was an inspiration to millions and I just hope that she is the one who dies.

I was going to have the link in my banner as my sig but couldn't get it to work.

The threads title is misleading. Unless I misread the article. she never said he deserved to die, she said he had it coming.

The threads title is misleading. Unless I misread the article. she never said he deserved to die, she said he had it coming.

so she pretty much said it :angry2: ...no matter what it was she said something that was inappropriate. It would have been somewhat inappropriate if he was alive and injured and it would have been pretty inappropriate a couple of months or a year after his death but he's dead only a couple of day's. :no: it ain't right.

What a wounderful person. He will be missed. I guess there will be some who have there own opinion and did not like him but I thought he was great. He had much love for reptiles and animals and has taught children and adults alot about nature and what lives in it. I say THANKS STEVE!

If Steve Irwin were still alive, he'd beat this lady up, baby in hand.

:lol::tu:

To me, Steve Irwin holding his child while he was with the croc is no different than what I see daily. Dads riding their kids on 4 wheelers or riding mowers without helmets. I don't think he was wrong in doing that. He was in control of the situation. It's not like it was his first day on the job.

Anyway, RIP Steve Irwin you will be missed.

Greer slams Croc Hunter mourners as 'idiots'

STEVE Irwin had embarrassed millions of Australians, Germaine Greer said last night.

And those who had mourned him with their tributes at the Irwin family's Australia Zoo in what the British had labelled "a Princess Diana moment" were idiots, she said.

British-based Greer wrote in The Guardian newspaper after Irwin's death that the animal world had taken revenge on "self-deluded animal tormentor Steve Irwin".

Last night, she went even further.

She told Channel 9's A Current Affair she did not understand Australians' feelings of loss for Irwin.

She said he had exploited animals by telling the world how dangerous they were and then treating them disrespectfully.

"I find the whole Steve Irwin phenomenon (embarrassing) -- and I'm not the only person who did," Greer said.

But when pushed, she was unable to name anyone who had publicly agreed with her.

She rejected claims her sentiments were "un-Australian".

"I don't care what I'm being called," Greer said.

"I just hope I'm out of touch with what idiots are thinking."

cont'd

Source

To have an opinion of someone is one thing, to take a jab at this person after they die is another but to call people you don't even know idiots for feeling a loss for a person they feel strongly about is just pathetic.

I didn't feel compelled to voice my opinion on Ms Greer until she called me an idiot, well Ms Greer I had no idea who the **** you were until you used Steve Irwin's corpse as a podium to tell the world how you felt about him and those who are now mourning him. Is this what your version of a just world looks like? Taking shots at dead people and those who care? You're a hypocrite and that's the worst thing in my books.

Steve Urwin was an icon of our time and we should all be sad to lose him, no one will come after him with the guts, charm and enthusiasm that he had, showing the world the beauty in wildlife.

Or with quite the stupidity.

GG is just jealous that's she's not that popular :P

Steve Irwin was a great proffesional, a great zoologist, and awesome conservationist, and most importantly a wonderful husband, father, and friend.

Terri, the kids, Stainton and Wes must be having a hard time. The Larry King interview with John Stainton yesterday night hit me home :(

Buy a thesaurus and use it. In case you might not be familiar with slang; "had it coming" = "meh he deserved it".

Research sentence punctuation, structure and proper capitalization while you're at it.

"I don't care what I'm being called," Greer said.

"I just hope I'm out of touch with what idiots are thinking."

Aw. How nice.

British-based Greer wrote in The Guardian newspaper after Irwin's death that the animal world had taken revenge on "self-deluded animal tormentor Steve Irwin".

Issues much? Tell me about your muzzah........

She told Channel 9's A Current Affair she did not understand Australians' feelings of loss for Irwin.

She said he had exploited animals by telling the world how dangerous they were and then treating them disrespectfully.

Education for young and old is the enemy of all mankind. *hides under the bed*

But when pushed, she was unable to name anyone who had publicly agreed with her.

The embarrassed idiots are too busy mourning the loss of a great teacher and fan of animals everywhere.

"I don't care what I'm being called"

Even negative press is still press, eh media whore?

Sorry if any of that sounded mean.

I dont believe it was dangerous for Steve's son when he was with the croc. Firstly, I believe that Steve was in full control the whole time and, as someone mentioned, had the baby cradled away from the croc. Secondly, it shouldn't be put up with Michael Jackson dangling his baby over the balcony. Because if you read a boigraphy on him (Steve), you'll learn hes been hunting crocs since age nine. Meaning, he had to have been around wildlife and crocs nearly all his life. So, it was just because of the way he grew up, he wanted his son to experience what he experienced as a child. And since Steve was in control, I see no harm done. :tu:

The croc was full and tired also :tu:

He had a reason for introducing him so early to crocs. He said if he waited any longer, their natural fear or reptiles would kick in and Bob would never warm up to Reptiles...That would just kill his heart :no:

He was inttoduced early, so was Bindi, and Bob. Just a wierd camera angle and it blew all out of proportion.

I really hope Stainton and Terri will continue making documentaries..

I heard that Terri is planning to continue Steve's work. I just hope it doesnt turn into "Terri, The Croc Hunter!" I'll be very disappointed and p***ed off. :angry:

I heard that Terri is planning to continue Steve's work. I just hope it doesnt turn into "Terri, The Croc Hunter!" I'll be very disappointed and p***ed off. :angry:

I think she might be a bit busy raising her kids.

His camera man said something about taking over now that Steve was gone.

Poor guy he was really wrecked.

As far as GG what a b****, seriously I totally agree with her on some points but how dare she disparage the name of a dead man before his funeral even takes place.

She's like school in the summer time.........no class

Buy a thesaurus and use it. In case you might not be familiar with slang; "had it coming" = "meh he deserved it".

Research sentence punctuation, structure and proper capitalization while you're at it.

No, 'had it coming' meaning 'in that line of work it was to be expected'.

My English is fine, thanks.

Germaine Greer has not been listened to or taken seriously for years down in Australia and hopefully now the poor souls over in the UK who have had to listen to her will finally get rid of her.

During her interview it was constantly made clear that she had simply no idea what she was talking about. She lied, was wrong and simply made things up during said interview. It was pathetic and increased her alienation from those she call's "country-men". We no longer see her as Australian let alone a decent human being.

Steve Irwin was a great man, who's conservation efforts have been matched by few. I laugh at Greer's implication Steve wished to keep all his beloved creatures in tiny pens. He had bought massive sections of land all over the planet in hope of protecting the area from human encroachment and allowing the many creatures who inhabited those regions to continue to live in their natural habitats.

Germaine Greer, what exactly have you done that's made a single bit of difference in this world?

Edited by AztecInca

The more I read about this woman the more disgusted I get. Could we ever get a decent femist out there. I want to punch her in her tit man..........

I found this online

Just after 11am, the boat's radio crackled into life. There was a medical emergency. Irwin was in trouble. He and either Lucas or Lyons had been in the water following a bullray in two metres of water. The cameraman was in front, filming as Irwin hovered above the giant creature. Then he dived.

The reaction of the ray was sudden and unpredictable. It lashed upwards with its long tail. The knife-like barbs caught Irwin in the chest, in the heart.

As you can see there is this new bit added about how he "dived" which has not been mentioned before. Now this story makes more sense to me.

Is it me or is it kinda bad for them to keep talking about how he wanted to shoot something for Bindi's show.....I mean way to make the girl feel guilty !

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/the-be...351.html?page=2

I'm not even going to read the article that stupud woman wrote. Stupid old bag. Steve Irwin was a fantastic man. He done so much for conservation and bringing awareness to animals that people may turn their noses up at as they're not cute and cuddly.

Wildlife experts have studied the footage and say at no point did Steve provoke the ray, just a horrible freak accident. He knew the risks of what he done everyday but he was willing to confort them to educate others.

And I'm with Ethyl I had no problem with him holding the child while feeding the croc. He knew what he was doing. He's owned the zoo and known the animals long enough. There are people that put their children in much worse danger.

People don't realize that because of adventure seeking people like Irwin, we have more a respect for wildlife because we get to see them! If you walk up to most people and say "Save the North African barking swallow!" they'll most likely ignore you. But if you get someone to get up real close and view this creature in it's natural splendor then you can get a lot more people to want to save the animal. You don't make people join a cause just by shouting in their face. You show them proof why your cause should be supported and the fact is many animals I've seen on the show I've never even heard of before and after seeing that I really do think that we should protect endangered species. Irwin may have made reckless moves but PR for the animal kingdom may just be the key to saving it.

But that's just my opinion, I could be full of sh**.

I just wanna say :

R.I.P. Steve :(

I haven't read the article, because it's probably just some lunatic columnist rambling on. But I do think that what happened to Steve Irwin was a case of "Play with fire, expect to get burnt".

i'm sick of people saying that he aggravated and manhandled animals in thier own environment. Have you thought that maybe if he didn't and instead went soft on them, them maybe they would try to inflict harm on him or try to fight him off?

anyway, he devoted his life to try and save certain species of animals and had even begun using newly developed methods to learn more about animals so that he and his team could further try to help endangered species.

and by filming it all he let people worldwide know about the dangers that some animals face, and who isn't going to listen to steve irwin? i'm sure he loved animals and i'm sure he always has.

:tu:

see you in hell germaine.g

Edited by glenndo4000