Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
UM-Bot

70 years since last Tasmanian Tiger

8 posts in this topic

UM-Bot

news icon rThylacine researcher Col Bailey was not even born when the last captive Tasmanian tiger died in 1936. But that hasn't stopped him devoting his life to proving their continued existence.The 69-year-old has spent 40 years investigating thylacine sightings and has no plans to retire until he has conclusive proof that the elusive Tasmanian tiger has survived.

"I believe strongly that it's still here," he says."I'm so convinced it's here that you never lose hope.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: Theage.com.au

Hurrikane

yeah, in very very small numbers or none at all...it would be great if it was still around and us humans could help them breed or something and get their numbers up a bit. The likelihood of them being around is extremely small so I don't know if it'll ever happen.

skary

it would be amazing for them to still be alive!

Persei

[attachmentid=28119]I hope they don't find him. Human will keep the in captivity if they do find him. They a better of in the wild. :(

post-41682-1157616518.jpg

Spirit_Wolf

But, if they did find them it may be a good thing to capture a few. Because then they could get a breeding program like they do with other endangered animals. Personally, I think they may still exist, although in small numbers. There are two kinds of extinct.

There is, gone totally from existacne, and, near being wiped out. I think that the thylacine is the second one.

UconnHusky

What a shame. I've seen pictures of this animal and it looked very cool. Once again humans cause the extinction of a wonderful animal.

Harks

We will return, there is not stopping a Tassie Tiger. B)

[attachmentid=28270][attachmentid=28271][attachmentid=28272]

post-28096-1158140588.jpg

post-28096-1158140839.jpg

post-28096-1158140877.jpg

robbieb

[attachmentid=28119]I hope they don't find him. Human will keep the in captivity if they do find him. They a better of in the wild. :(

it owuld be far better for us to capture every last living on and start breeding population tyhat can be controled by humans as oposed to keeping them in the wild where one natural disaster or poachers or a disease could kill them all. it worked with the red wolf and can work with them. in fact i think tigers need to be taken out of the wild too its the only way to save some of the much rarer species.