Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Photograph Of A "Bigfoot"

Saru

Here's a picture of an alleged "Bigfoot" that seems to crop up rather a lot on the web. It looks to me more like someone messing around in a ape-costume than a genuine animal, and it bears a striking resemblence to the Bigfoot in "Harry and The Hendersons".

Anyway, here it is - see what you think.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• weezil936

• Althalus

• wolfsinger

• Messiah 01

I would normally say this is a hoax, but for two things...

1) I've seen several pictures of this creature from this case, in Florida, and you can see that it does have fingernails and the eyes are quite realistic. I'm willing to say its real.

2) I've covered the point about the eyes... so really there is no 2nd point.

3) I forgot to mention that the height. Its very tall compared to those plants. That would be a big hoaxer.

TB - it depends on the size of the plants and whether or not the hoaxer had acess to a crate or not  ;D

:s6 Looks like a fake to me  :sk

To mee...... looks like a species of monkey I`ve seen somewhere... but i CAN`T find the bloody pic   argh!!!

Anyways... here`s a nother monkey.... resemblence... minor but he`s (she`s) (it's)     cute :)

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe it's a REALLY TINY ape... and those are blades of grass. Hey, that giant ant looked rather fake in that documentary about shrinking... you know, "Honey I Shrunk the Kids".... maybe its just a syndrome of shrinking....

AUTHENTICITY/2(X/100) where as X = the ratio of shrinkage....

It looks like it could have been faked,but still the way it's eyes looks at you :o it's kind of spooky :s4

The "ape thing" definitely looks fake, to me.

The first conclusion that came to my mind when I saw the photo was that it was probably a model from the "evolution" section of a science museum. :sr

If not, then I don't know what to believe, but as for it's "spooky" eyes, I think it that was most likely a trick caused by the camera's flash, just like the common "red-eye" appearance on photographs.  :se

• 2 weeks later...

The plants are "palmettos" and can be found along the Gulf of Mexico, especially in Florida.  The being appears to be real, as evidenced by the red eye glare from the camera, which is caused by the light reflecting off the blood in the retina.  And the farther away from the subject you are when taking a picture, the higher incidence of "red eye".

So, I'd say that someone took a picture of an ape at a Florida zoo at night.

• 2 months later...

hi everyone im a newbie my first post :-[

anyway im not sure if ur talikg about that pic taken from a video. cant think of the name but there is a video of it waking then it turns to face the camera and walks off. well i have noticed that

1: it dosent walk like an ape

2:the way it urned and looked at the camera was very un ape  like

there are many other features i have noticed this is definetly a man in a suit

hope i havent made to many people mad

raven :s1

Hi raven!  Welcome!!  :st

I don't think you can make anybody mad by stating your opinion!  In fact,  we hope you will!  You may spark a debate,  or get agreement - you just never know!   :s03

8) Welcome Raven.......KC's right. Could you imagine what a boring world it would be if we all thought the same! Enjoy the forum  :su

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Whoever made this picture has no knowledge of animals.

The green glow in the eyes is a reflective layer that is located behind the retina that bounces unabsorbed light back through the receptor cells. No ape or human is capable of this. We are clearly looking at the face of a racoon.

Orangutans are tree dwelling primates. They sleep in the trees and forage during the day. All apes do.

The foot is the most unconvincing ape foot I have ever seen. This is a mans hand because the thumb is too close to the fingers. Apes climb trees, they use their thumbs, or big toes to grab the branch from behind!

I have to dispute this I live in South Florida :s04

since the pic is missing, im assuming its the one that a supposed old lady took when she called police about a chimpanzee in her backyard. i actually think this one could be real. the reason is that it is so realistically rendered- its obviously not doctored. if it is a hoax, its not because its a doctored photograph. maybe a man in an ape suit? i would think you would make it much more convincing in that case. ive stayed in florida for several summers and i know there are lots of weird creatures that come up in your backyard at night. this pic seems like the lady went to her backdoor expecting to take a pic of a raccoon and got something quite different.

That's the picture in the first post fixed. 8)

That yellowish glow compared to the red eye, is usually found in mammels that hunt at night. It helps enhance the low light levels at night, as far as I know thats pretty hard to fake without it looking like mirrors casting off light.

After looking at the photo again, I still think that it looks posed, although the dlowing eyes are a nice trick, but it could have been done with sequins for all we know.

• 3 months later...

Im pretty sure its real!!! Its called the Myakka Skunk ape and there is a page on it. It closely resembles a Sumatran ape or chimp... i 4get but im almost positive its real!!! biggrin.gif