Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Walson hospital at Fort Dix

d4everman

Stubbly, you might place a very polite phone call to the Dix MPs and see if any recent comments/complaints have been made to them regarding the scamp............maybe downplay the supernatural aspect ;) .

Humnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn, I never thought of that! :w00t:

• 1 month later...

I briefly worked at the clinic back in 99/2000 and I can tell you that the stories are without a doubt true. I have seen and felt the spirits that dwell in that building and it was enough for me to leave and never return.

Karkev- That petition you added, I stopped believing it right when the Bushs' name were mentioned. :o How could an online petition work?

• 3 months later...

I live at Ft Dix right now-on Cedar Street and nwo all this makes me want to walk down the road tonight and see something! I have been down there many times at all hours and never seen anything weird yet-but you never know!I've never heard any stories about ghosts,murders or anything creepy.The living people here are much scarier than the non-living! But if anyone knows anything interesting I'd be willing to look around.Ghostly stuff has always interested me-I have never seen anything yet!!

I live at Ft Dix right now-on Cedar Street and nwo all this makes me want to walk down the road tonight and see something! I have been down there many times at all hours and never seen anything weird yet-but you never know!I've never heard any stories about ghosts,murders or anything creepy.The living people here are much scarier than the non-living! But if anyone knows anything interesting I'd be willing to look around.Ghostly stuff has always interested me-I have never seen anything yet!!

Oh Wow!!! If do that, though, please be careful. If you have, I would be very interested on what you experienced. As for the living being very scary, well, I will not argue with you on that one. ;) Though, there are tons of people there, that have been gems.

On a different note, I always loved the houses there where you live.

Great stories, Does anyone have photos of that building or around the area? Thanks..JN :w00t:
Let me see if I can post these for you. Of course, these pictures which I pulled from another site, has view points from two different directions. One looks like it was shot in the circular drive within the front area. The other looks like it was taken from the street in front of the hospital.

post-39863-1184816910_thumb.jpg

post-39863-1184816936_thumb.jpg

Oh Wow!!! If do that, though, please be careful. If you have, I would be very interested on what you experienced. As for the living being very scary, well, I will not argue with you on that one. ;) Though, there are tons of people there, that have been gems.

On a different note, I always loved the houses there where you live.

Let me see if I can post these for you. Of course, these pictures which I pulled from another site, has view points from two different directions. One looks like it was shot in the circular drive within the front area. The other looks like it was taken from the street in front of the hospital.

Thanks, sure looks nice to me, but I think every hospital has it's issues with sightings of patients who have passed there, or died unexpectedly etc. I would love to spend a night there, just not alone no way.. :no:

• Like 1

Thanks, sure looks nice to me, but I think every hospital has it's issues with sightings of patients who have passed there, or died unexpectedly etc. I would love to spend a night there, just not alone no way.. :no:

I have been in the hospital, when it was still open. I swear, I remember that there were times when I felt something. I am not sure, though. I found out I was pregnant with my second child, my son there. It did not have a maternity section, so I ended up seeing ob/gyn doctors off the base, and had my son in a civilian hospital. They closed it, after they opened up a new clinic, freshly built, right behind the commissary/BX/PX. After that, when I would drive by the hospital, it seemed eerie. I thought it was wierd, that at night, about a couple of the floors, five floors up, were lit and the blinds were open. I do not think you would like it in there, even for one night. It was just freaky driving by it every time at night.

I have been in the hospital, when it was still open. I swear, I remember that there were times when I felt something. I am not sure, though. I found out I was pregnant with my second child, my son there. It did not have a maternity section, so I ended up seeing ob/gyn doctors off the base, and had my son in a civilian hospital. They closed it, after they opened up a new clinic, freshly built, right behind the commissary/BX/PX. After that, when I would drive by the hospital, it seemed eerie. I thought it was wierd, that at night, about a couple of the floors, five floors up, were lit and the blinds were open. I do not think you would like it in there, even for one night. It was just freaky driving by it every time at night.

I think you are right. If I ever did go, you and everyone on here is going too LOL.. :yes:

I think you are right. If I ever did go, you and everyone on here is going too LOL.. :yes:

I would love to!!! I love going into places like that. The spookier the better!

I would love to!!! I love going into places like that. The spookier the better!

COOL so that makes 2 of us, anymore takers? :tu:

COOL so that makes 2 of us, anymore takers? :tu:

I'm a weirdo, I convinced my friend to walk through a cemetery on Halloween at midnight, she was so scared, it was amazing...and she was in her 30's!!! I wasn't scared, why should I be? If anything, I was watchful of drunks and teeny boppers out to cause some mischief.

I'm a weirdo, I convinced my friend to walk through a cemetery on Halloween at midnight, she was so scared, it was amazing...and she was in her 30's!!! I wasn't scared, why should I be? If anything, I was watchful of drunks and teeny boppers out to cause some mischief.

LOL I am a weirdo too when it comes to "ghost" hunting, and think alot of us are, we are just too darn curious. Did you get any pics from that cemetery? JN

• 3 months later...
If Jenny says it's haunted ....IT'S HAUNTED! :yes: ......B

http://www.dix.army.mil/PAO/post05/post102805/DixHome.htm

linked-image

"Numerous reports exist of a blonde teenaged boy in a red hat, wearing jeans and a denim jacket who wandered around the former Teen Club and then mysteriously disappeared into thin air."

The Teen Club was the Recreation Center in my days on Dix (1989-91). It was (is???) on the left side of Pemberton Road as you were heading east towards Texas Avenue. It was very near the "other" post movie theatre (not Timmerman) on the southwest corner of base and close to the obstace course.

The "boy" was a thorn in Major General James A. Wurman's (post commander circa 1988-1992) side the whole time I was there but again I never knew of a supernatural aspect of the story.

Happy Halloween, ya'll!!!

I go to Fort Dix a lot with my father.

He has mentioned the hospital before, and that it is closed.

I think he pointed it out, As I said it looked like a prison,*scratch that, now that i've seen the pictures i know exactly which building it is*(thanks for posting them!!) I could be mistaken but is it the building with all the chain link fence and barb wire?

I can ask my dad about some of the stuff that went on while he was stationed there, he was there before he went to Vietnam.

I use to leave close by and have never herd anything about it, But that could be due to the lack of opportunity for the outside world not really being able to get in there and snoop around at all because of the security factors that come into play.

I'd like to know more info as well and take a better look at the place when I go next.

Edited by allie_shy

• 4 weeks later...

I was stationed there from 98-2000. I heard some stories about how it was haunted, and If I remember correctly only the first 4 floors were active when I was there. I heard a story about some patient who was in the Psych ward many years before when they had one, and somehow he got outside on one of the upper floors and fell to his death. I had friends who worked there and they said that all kinds of strange stuff would happen there and they didn't want to talk about some of it. What I remember the most about that place is when I would take the elevator to the upper floors (1-4) they would usually go higher to floors 5-9 for me. I would push the button for 2 and end up on 6 or 7. I always got a creepy feeling like there was someone there waiting to get on and go home. I never saw clean mopped floors on the upper levels, just abandoned levels. One level always had what looked like a huge blood stain right in front of the elevator doors when it would bring me up there. I never got out of the elevator, I didn't want to find out what might be up there, and it was none of my business. In fact I was told by many people on base," Do not go up there the levels are closed you have no business up there." Anyhow I do believe in spirits and lost souls, if there are some in there maybe they want out of that old place, I wouldn't blame them it looks really depressing up there. My advice to anyone who decides to go ghost hunting there is its a government installation, you will be arrested for tress passing so get permission first before nosing around up there, plus last time I saw the upper floors they looked like they were in disrepair and you could get hurt by a falling light fixture, get locked in on a level or room by accident, or fall down an elevator shaft. One last thing before I go, this is my advice to all ghost hunters investigating any abandoned psych ward. 1) Psych wards are a place where the mentally disturbed went for treatment, the treatments of old were barbaric and the patients suffered greatly. 2) Any patients that might have died in a psych ward and may still be there in spirit are still disturbed, and could be extremely dangerous, just as some were while they were alive. 3) Not all mentally ill patients were ill, some were misdiagnosed, some were the victims of nervous breakdowns etc. 4) As far as demon possession/ demon sighting goes in ghost hunting, demons, and demon possession is quite real. A demon is something else all together and if there stuck somewhere they're p***ed off about it, and I would leave them alone. In fact there is a possibility that they could possess you maybe to leave an area it has been confined to. Being possessed by demons isn't fun, there are people who deal with exorcisms ask them. 5) heres a little info on how people get hurt ghost hunting. Spirits usually cant physically interact with any living being as people think. When people get hurt it's because they get scared and run away in a panic. When you panic you might run off the edge of something, and fall etc. I think you get the idea, a ghost or whatever didn't push you, you panicked and probally hurt yourself by accident. 6) If you have no clue as to what you are doing when playing with the supernatural I recommend that you leave it alone, or find a professional who is religious, and has religious ties to go too etc. With all that said I would stay away from the old psych ward at Walson Army Hospital on Ft Dix. Possibly leave the whole place alone.

Edited by Angel077

That is wise advise Angel077. You are also right, Walson hospital is a government installation. I was there around the same time as you were. We were stationed at McGuire AFB from 1995-2004. I have witnessed a lot of wierd things on both bases. We we first arrived there, anyone can travel on Dix, just not McGuire, being Air Force bases were closed off, not Army. The housing we lived in, also had part time guards on it, and then none during the Bosnia situation, where they were deployed. After September 11, 2001, everything changed, and there were guards placed everywhere, and Dix became closed and you had to have id to get on, like you had to for McGuire. If Walson has barb wire now, it didn't when I use to live there. Then again, there may have been vandals, and I have seen how they had to block unused areas off, like the housing they had off the fort there. That housing area is now gone, and the area is for army games and the like. All I know is, it would be best to not to try to ghost haunt unless you really have permission. You can get into a lot of trouble getting on there without it, they do go into lockdown a lot, when something is amiss. Well, they did that, when I use to live there.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all, I'm new here and new to this whole paranormal stuff but after a year of this base and its crazy unexplained stuff I'm just glad to find others who know about it all. Well I work on McGuire AFB on the flightline and for the past few months have been getting creepy sounds and vibes from over on Ft. Dix. Personally I've been by that hospital and find it creapy, almost scary.

But this story is about yesterday/last night, I was out servicing an aircraft when from over the hangers that are near Ft. Dix I heard a moan then a scream that sounded udderly gut wrenching, it wasn't human in any sense I felt chills and creepy vibes all over the flightline too. That has been the worst of my experiences but the others include senses of being watched, hearing strange sounds (especially quiet laughter where there is no one around), and random other unexplained encounters. The boy I've never seen nor have I seen and older women. One thing I can tell you is aside from that creepy hospital the woods around here are no joke dark and evil. you cant see into them and you really get creeped out by them. I hope while I am here I can help any of you find any truth to the rumors!

• 2 months later...

My father was stioned there between 1987 and 1995 and we used to live on V-loop in Laurel Hill across the street from Garden Terrace. In June 1988 I had my appendix removed at Walson when I was 16 by Col Gilbert. I did not have a private room I stayed in an open bay area. I never felt anything strange during my 4 day stay there and we quite a few visits there over the years. I have to admit though I always found it strange that when someone was pregnant they had to go off base when it was a fully functioning hospital.

As far as strange things in the woods I also never experienced anything strange and let me tell you that I was all over that base in the woods during my teenage years taking shortcuts between housing deveopments especially the trailer park next to the Doughboy Inn also across from Kennedy Courts and especially the woods across the street from the back way of Garden Terrace.

I had many great years there but sorry nothing bad happened.

Is there any way for a PI to get in there for a night or two? Someone said the top floors are not in use. It sounds like a place I might want to visit.

by Jrzydude:

My father was stioned there between 1987 and 1995 and we used to live on V-loop in Laurel Hill across the street from Garden Terrace. In June 1988 I had my appendix removed at Walson when I was 16 by Col Gilbert. I did not have a private room I stayed in an open bay area. I never felt anything strange during my 4 day stay there and we quite a few visits there over the years. I have to admit though I always found it strange that when someone was pregnant they had to go off base when it was a fully functioning hospital.

As far as strange things in the woods I also never experienced anything strange and let me tell you that I was all over that base in the woods during my teenage years taking shortcuts between housing deveopments especially the trailer park next to the Doughboy Inn also across from Kennedy Courts and especially the woods across the street from the back way of Garden Terrace.

I had many great years there but sorry nothing bad happened.

I am glad you still posted your experiences. I think it's good to see all sides of how everyone experiences both bases. I too, thought it was strange to go off base for ob/gyn, considering I was also pregnant with my second child at that time. When I had my first child, we were stationed at a base where the hospital has a maternity ward, and my daughter was born there. My son ended being born at Rancocaus Hospital in Willingboro. Don't get me wrong, I had a great experience there, but as you know, I had to travel about 45 minutes to get there. I learned later from some, that the hospital has problems with their ob/gyn. After so called rumored instances, they had to get rid of it. Not sure what they were, but that is what I was told why there is not maternity ward there.

I do wonder, if that boy I had seen, is still being seen, atleast by some, today?

• 3 weeks later...

I was born at Fort Dix in May 1967. I am not sure where but I am sure it was at Walson. I am trying to see if I can get the hospital records (not state records) of my birth parents (father particularly). It would be helpful to know some of you who can lead me in the right direction. And reading these stories about where I was born confirms some feelings I have about myself that I cannot explain. Any insight would be helpful especially the records.

Hello,

I was an Army medic years back and stationed at Brooke Army Medical Center in San Antonio Texas. Old large hospitals can be pretty spooky places, there were lots of areas at the medical center that I was at that gave me the willies...

BAMC is the Army's burn care center, and all of the major burn cases were sent there for treatment. I can't imagine how much agony that the wall of that building had seen and if anyplace is going to be haunted, I'd say that hospital stood a good chance.

I hadn't heard anything about the hospital on Ft. Dix, though I only knew a few people that served there...

Good luck finding out any information...

My dad spent time off and on at the Beach Pavilion due to lung problems with COPD.It could get spooky there to. I would go sometimes down to the basement when visiting him to get a soda.would sometimes be the only down there,unless staff or other visitors were around. I was more worried about somebody wandering around than ghosts,since at that time,back in the 1990s the Fort Sam was an open base and you could drive right on it.

The few times I have driven behind the base and looked into the old main hospital in the upper windows, i sometimes wonder about ghosts.Should have asked my dad if there were any ghosts at Kelly AFB. He worked there at Security Service back in the 50s and 60s.