Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Walson hospital at Fort Dix

d4everman

Since 9-11, All bases regardless of branches of military service have been closed. Unless you have credientials that states you have business there -active military personnel, family members using the PX/BX, hospital, etc., you will probably be denied access. Also, the military doesn't look to kindly on "haunted" places, especially on post and would most likely deny access just for that reason alone.

Sorry

For having lived at McGuire for nine years, I agree with you 100%, I really don't think the top brass would go for anyone investigating paranormal areas on that base. Although, and I could be wrong, but didn't 'Ghost Hunters' investigate an Air Force Base in Ohio after 9/11? I can see how security would be on high levels after 9/11, but remember the epiosde. I wonder how that base allowed it. I just feel that McGuire/Fort Dix wouldn't do it. I wish they did, because there would be a loadful of spots on both bases they could investigate, and I would think they would get a lot of hits.

• 8 months later...

i hate to bring up an old thread but im living in the housing in Falcon courts north in the old senior NCO housing ive been here since 2009 and not only have i had some unusual expirences while here but so have my friends and my wife

1. just about everynight right before me and my wife go to be we almost always hear what sounds like tapping on the window in our bedroom and when we look there is no one and nothing out there wether its winter spring or summer

2. my wife was coming home from work it was about 1 in the morning and she was hearing what sounded like an animal but at the same time didnt sound like an animal and wasnt human we also have some woods near by as well

3. and the walson hopital dont even get me started on that it is one of the creepiest places that i have driven by a friend of mine that are SF here at JBMDL and he has had to go into walson and he has also told me about the basement being cemented but once he had been on the 7th floor he ran out of the hospital and he would not tell me why

i hate to bring up an old thread but im living in the housing in Falcon courts north in the old senior NCO housing ive been here since 2009 and not only have i had some unusual expirences while here but so have my friends and my wife

1. just about everynight right before me and my wife go to be we almost always hear what sounds like tapping on the window in our bedroom and when we look there is no one and nothing out there wether its winter spring or summer

2. my wife was coming home from work it was about 1 in the morning and she was hearing what sounded like an animal but at the same time didnt sound like an animal and wasnt human we also have some woods near by as well

3. and the walson hopital dont even get me started on that it is one of the creepiest places that i have driven by a friend of mine that are SF here at JBMDL and he has had to go into walson and he has also told me about the basement being cemented but once he had been on the 7th floor he ran out of the hospital and he would not tell me why

Green Berets in an old hospital? Is it or is it not completely abandoned and closed? Did he way why he was initially in the hospital or was he only in there the time he wouldn't say? Will he say why he won't say? I mean, will he tell you whether it's classified and if so, what level of security clearance you need to find out? Sorry for the twenty questions.

Green Berets in an old hospital? Is it or is it not completely abandoned and closed? Did he way why he was initially in the hospital or was he only in there the time he wouldn't say? Will he say why he won't say? I mean, will he tell you whether it's classified and if so, what level of security clearance you need to find out? Sorry for the twenty questions.

sorry the only thing that i can answer with certainty is that the hospital is completely closed down and abandoned and is scheduled for eventual demo and as for the green berets i have no idea what you are talking about my friend is security forces and when i asked him what had happened he just went completely pale and said that he didnt want to talk about it

Edited by hammert86

an update since i posted the other night about the tapping on the window it had gotten worse louder and more like a wrapping like you would hear on the door does anyone know about what that might be in this area any history?

• 4 weeks later...

an update since i posted the other night about the tapping on the window it had gotten worse louder and more like a wrapping like you would hear on the door does anyone know about what that might be in this area any history?

Hi there hammert86! I use to live on Falcon Courts North as well. I just recently found out, through some websites and satalitte photos, that the housing complex I lived in, is gone! I knew the place was going to be privitized, but whoa! Anyways, it makes me wonder where you are. Do you happen to live near the base schools? The housing pool? There was some really wierd experiences that I and my neighbors and friends have experienced there. From what I know of the history, it use to be an onion field. Have you ever sniffed on a windy day, (when of course you weren't smelling the other farms nearby) and then felt you had to order pizza? I had a neighbor pull up a whole onion in our yards. I know also at one point, the singular officer houses weren't there before, and some of the NCO housing was officer housing. There haven't been a lot of things I heard that could lead up to the constant window tapping, but the little glowing girl in one window of one house that I and another neighbor on another occasion have seen. Hearing cabinets shut and close in your neighbor's house, while they are away, the sound of a slamming door in the upstairs of my nieghbor's houses, when there was no evidence of a door closing and etc. etc. etc. seems to prove to me, there must have been something.

I do have a memory of dropping my kids off at the base schools and on the way back to housing, seeing a girl on a bike, and a suspicious guy nearby watching her. I went back, and only the girl's bike was there. I reported it to the base police and they checked it out, but I don't think I remember anyone turning up anything. Who knows?! Other than that, I really hadn't heard anything. I wish I knew the history more, as well.

So, tell me, are there houses on North Bolling Blvd?

Reading some of the other reports about McGuire it brought back the memory that we had friends who lived on McGuire base housing and they used to hear their kitchen cabinets being opened and closed throughout the night, doors being slammed, etc.. There was a story about their particular housing unit that a little girl had either been killed by her father or committed suicide (I can't remember which) in one of the bedrooms. They used to feel cold spots and their kids refused to be in that room ever, even though they didn't know the story of the little girl. I'm wondering if the reports of seeing a young girl spirit have anything to do with her.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know if you read my earlier post, but on 27 May 1977, my brother passed away in Falcon Courts North at School number 3 (that's how we referred to them, but it was the second to last school). I have seen him walking by the old rec center across from the community pool where the big hill is that goes to the schools. My brother's name was: Joseph Arana Hull, he was 16 years old, wearing t-shirt, jeans, red baseball cap, and was killed in a moped accident. I was 8 yrs old at the time and my family thought I was going through stress due to his passing. Later, my mother told me he used to come to her everyday and wake her up in the mornings, when we moved to Browns Mills, it was like he was lost and he stopped visiting her.

I have no idea of the onion fields, but I can confirm the smell sometimes was overwhelming. I too, thing Walson is a very creepy place, I had my own experiences there. It's not a place I would stay at.

• 2 months later...

I found this discussion when I was researching my birthplace. I was born at Walston Army Hospital in Nov 1967. My father was a USAF Enlisted Physican's Assistant stationed at McQuire AFB assigned to the Hospital. I have had an unusual childhood and am now searching for the answers. Funny this hospital has such a history and my father denies any strangeness or secrecy (go fiqure). He had stories about letting babies expire in a room alone because they were deformed (one looked like a frog) and six fingered babies who had the extra appendages removed. My birth certificate has an error with a correction ammendment. My experiance leads me to believe I am a subject of study and experimentation. I strongly believe this hospital held secret program operations. Who pours concrete into a basement level unless they had to hide or maybe contain something. I contend that those feelings some of you have had when going up to the upper floors are when you are picking up on other beings and they get onto the elevator just like you to get to one place to another inside the building. Not ghosts but beings who you can not see due to their nature. Alien, at least to us. I have been pleased reading your stories. They have placed another small piece into my truth at least. I have had apprehension in reaching out for fear of reprisal yet I have grown tired of this fear so this is my two cents.

Question: Anyone ever hear of Possible hauntings at Walson hospital on fort dix. Iread a newsgroup article once where the person claimed to have seen orbs there. I live on Dix, but the hospital has been closed for some time. Never really been near the place except for passing it. I was wondering if anyone else has more information.

I was stationed at Ft. Dix for a while when I was in the army, many years ago, and I know of a couple of very strange stories from there, but nothing to do with ghosts in the hospital.

I was stationed at Ft. Dix for a while when I was in the army, many years ago, and I know of a couple of very strange stories from there, but nothing to do with ghosts in the hospital.

In the spirit of this thread please expand on your strange stories!

I found this discussion when I was researching my birthplace. I was born at Walston Army Hospital in Nov 1967. My father was a USAF Enlisted Physican's Assistant stationed at McQuire AFB assigned to the Hospital. I have had an unusual childhood and am now searching for the answers. Funny this hospital has such a history and my father denies any strangeness or secrecy (go fiqure). He had stories about letting babies expire in a room alone because they were deformed (one looked like a frog) and six fingered babies who had the extra appendages removed. My birth certificate has an error with a correction ammendment. My experiance leads me to believe I am a subject of study and experimentation. I strongly believe this hospital held secret program operations. Who pours concrete into a basement level unless they had to hide or maybe contain something. I contend that those feelings some of you have had when going up to the upper floors are when you are picking up on other beings and they get onto the elevator just like you to get to one place to another inside the building. Not ghosts but beings who you can not see due to their nature. Alien, at least to us. I have been pleased reading your stories. They have placed another small piece into my truth at least. I have had apprehension in reaching out for fear of reprisal yet I have grown tired of this fear so this is my two cents.

So why do you feel like you are the subject of some experimentation? I know, I just had to ask...

So why do you feel like you are the subject of some experimentation? I know, I just had to ask...

You know things are subtle... feeling as if eyes are upon you watching, bumps, cracks and creaks in the house when the house doesn't have those things unless someone is walking around ... losing time ... extremely poor memory ... I am unable to discuss further due to counsel.

Thread cleaned

Let's keep the comments civil and respectful please.

Thank you.

Oh boo Saru, it was just getting interesting! :tu: But you are correct, I shall poke myself with a spork 20 times. Promise I won't like it. :ph34r:

• 4 weeks later...

This post is still alive it seems... I actually was on summer training at Fort Dix this year in June and read this post.... It inspired me to form a group between my platoon to go investigate the hospital. In total there were about 7 of us that went. I can tell you that even from the outside this place is creepy. We took a video camera with us but the film guy I think was really scared and wouldn't hold the camera up, so we got a lot of audio and a lot of the ground. I had no intention of disturbing anything there and I feel that I made a mistake by getting a group and going inside of this place at 10:00pm.. I will try to recollect the events that happened and let you judge for yourself what to think.

Upon entering through a window in the front of the building we immediately headed right to the stairs. We came in through a bathroom window. The hallway on the lower floor is a mess, most of the tile there is torn up badly and there are papers thrown about everywhere. Lab equipment is oddly enough still there and present as well as other things like some chairs and beds/carts. We knew we wanted to go to the 7th floor so that is the first place we all went. Upon reaching the 7th floor we were greeted with a large double door and 2 hallways. 2 of our group randomly decided to go off through the double doors at this point and we started rolling the video. I honestly don't know why they went through the doors and neither do they when I asked them why they split up. The doors oddly enough locked from the other side and we didn't know it. So our buddies that went through the door had to find another way to leave. The rest of the group with me went through the 7th floor with nothing to report. We did however go through the floor with a brisk walk stopping at junctions to mark where we came from with glow sticks. I myself stared down the end of hallways with my flashlight looking to find something because I had read this place was 100% haunted. With nothing to find there we went up to the 9th floor. This place was burning up being the middle of summer and no air circulation in the building. It literally had to be 100 degrees in this place. We walked around the floor exploring most of it actually and finding an interesting room with a mop stain on the floor that was actually fairly fresh. With nothing to report on the top floor, we went to the 8th. My buddies by this point were pretty much all freaking out whether they wanted to admit it or not. One of my friends said he was going to go into a room and try to communicate with whatever was there so he went into the room alone and asked, "if anyone is here, give me a sign." You can barely make him out saying it on the camera because we were already down the hallway somewhat. He immediately upon finishing that sentence ran as fast as he could possibly run out of the room freaking out. He never really said anything other than "I said that and got really light headed and almost passed out."

After this we walked around a bit more on the 8th and left because we got a phone call from out lookout that there were literally multiple police cars circling the building. They had probably seen our lights from the outside of the building. The only problem with getting out was the fact that two others of us were stuck on the other side of that door and we didn't know it. We found them after we left but they both had a very interesting story for us that truly perplexes me to this day...

They told me that once they got separated from us they started looking for another way out. They eventually found another stairwell and ran up it to the roof and called the lookout to signal they were alright and on their way out. Upon re-entering the building from the roof they immediately went down the stairs as far as they could and walked into a room. They said immediately upon entering the room he grabbed a fire extinguisher on the ground and was intending to take it as a souvenir... Don't ask me why, he just took it for some reason because he's crazy. Luckily, buddy 2 put a rock in front of the door that buddy 1 grabbed the fire extinguisher from to stop the door from automatically closing. The room immediately got extremely cold they said to where they could see their breath. They cracked open a glow stick to find out where they were and immediately they recognized they were in the morgue because all the walls were metal and there were places for bodies still out. They both freaked out and ran out of there as fast as they could through the back entrance. If buddy 1 had not have put a rock in front of that door, they would have been locked in because it was the only entrance that was not blocked...

I don't really know what to make of the whole situation. I personally felt that there was something there in that building on every floor we went to with every turn and every room. I regret that my friends could have possibly gotten locked in the morgue alone with no help and no way to know where they were. I ask myself if it was purposeful that they separated and found themselves in the morgue almost like they were being led there or something.

In all reality, I really regret going there because I feel as though we disturbed things that were not meant to be disturbed. I promised myself after the experience that we would never do anything that disrespectful again. I plead that anyone even tempted to visit this place, not. Whatever it is there, wants to be left alone.

• 1 month later...

Reading some of the other reports about McGuire it brought back the memory that we had friends who lived on McGuire base housing and they used to hear their kitchen cabinets being opened and closed throughout the night, doors being slammed, etc.. There was a story about their particular housing unit that a little girl had either been killed by her father or committed suicide (I can't remember which) in one of the bedrooms. They used to feel cold spots and their kids refused to be in that room ever, even though they didn't know the story of the little girl. I'm wondering if the reports of seeing a young girl spirit have anything to do with her.

There have been a lot of horrible stories of that, happening in the housing area. Even during when I was living there. Do you know what housing unit this was? I remember the area I had seen the girl.

I don't know if you read my earlier post, but on 27 May 1977, my brother passed away in Falcon Courts North at School number 3 (that's how we referred to them, but it was the second to last school). I have seen him walking by the old rec center across from the community pool where the big hill is that goes to the schools. My brother's name was: Joseph Arana Hull, he was 16 years old, wearing t-shirt, jeans, red baseball cap, and was killed in a moped accident. I was 8 yrs old at the time and my family thought I was going through stress due to his passing. Later, my mother told me he used to come to her everyday and wake her up in the mornings, when we moved to Browns Mills, it was like he was lost and he stopped visiting her.

I have no idea of the onion fields, but I can confirm the smell sometimes was overwhelming. I too, thing Walson is a very creepy place, I had my own experiences there. It's not a place I would stay at.

Wow, reading this made me feel an end to a search. The thing is, I use to see the teen boy at Fort Dix. I know of the place you saying on McGuire, and I find that wierd that he died there, but is being seen at Fort Dix. Although, I have had a strange feeling he died in a traffic accident.

• Like 1

Stubbly, I don't exactly remember but I know it was McGuire and they were long rows of two-story townhouse type units. Like Row-houses. I think they were brick but I don't know that for sure. I'd know it if I saw it again, but I was only at their house a hand full of times. He was an E-6, I believe, and had a family of four if that helps at all. I know they section housing by rank and size of family at a lot of bases.

There have been a lot of horrible stories of that, happening in the housing area. Even during when I was living there. Do you know what housing unit this was? I remember the area I had seen the girl.

sorry the only thing that i can answer with certainty is that the hospital is completely closed down and abandoned and is scheduled for eventual demo and as for the green berets i have no idea what you are talking about my friend is security forces and when i asked him what had happened he just went completely pale and said that he didnt want to talk about it

I was speaking of your reference to "SF" which evidently meant "Security Forces". It's a common reference to "Special Forces" the nickname of which is "Green Berets".

• 1 month later...

I was never stationed at Dix but had to take soldiers to the MEPs there. I remember going with someone I worked with to the hospital to see people in a reserve medical unit there. Until then I didn't know it was closed. I knowit creeped me out as did driving around some of the back roads. I wish I had known all of this when I was there. As well as all the stories about Lakehurst, I guess next time I'm on leave up there.I may do some exploring.

Edited by andyr76

• 6 months later...

This post is still alive it seems... I actually was on summer training at Fort Dix this year in June and read this post.... It inspired me to form a group between my platoon to go investigate the hospital. In total there were about 7 of us that went. I can tell you that even from the outside this place is creepy. We took a video camera with us but the film guy I think was really scared and wouldn't hold the camera up, so we got a lot of audio and a lot of the ground. I had no intention of disturbing anything there and I feel that I made a mistake by getting a group and going inside of this place at 10:00pm.. I will try to recollect the events that happened and let you judge for yourself what to think.

Upon entering through a window in the front of the building we immediately headed right to the stairs. We came in through a bathroom window. The hallway on the lower floor is a mess, most of the tile there is torn up badly and there are papers thrown about everywhere. Lab equipment is oddly enough still there and present as well as other things like some chairs and beds/carts. We knew we wanted to go to the 7th floor so that is the first place we all went. Upon reaching the 7th floor we were greeted with a large double door and 2 hallways. 2 of our group randomly decided to go off through the double doors at this point and we started rolling the video. I honestly don't know why they went through the doors and neither do they when I asked them why they split up. The doors oddly enough locked from the other side and we didn't know it. So our buddies that went through the door had to find another way to leave. The rest of the group with me went through the 7th floor with nothing to report. We did however go through the floor with a brisk walk stopping at junctions to mark where we came from with glow sticks. I myself stared down the end of hallways with my flashlight looking to find something because I had read this place was 100% haunted. With nothing to find there we went up to the 9th floor. This place was burning up being the middle of summer and no air circulation in the building. It literally had to be 100 degrees in this place. We walked around the floor exploring most of it actually and finding an interesting room with a mop stain on the floor that was actually fairly fresh. With nothing to report on the top floor, we went to the 8th. My buddies by this point were pretty much all freaking out whether they wanted to admit it or not. One of my friends said he was going to go into a room and try to communicate with whatever was there so he went into the room alone and asked, "if anyone is here, give me a sign." You can barely make him out saying it on the camera because we were already down the hallway somewhat. He immediately upon finishing that sentence ran as fast as he could possibly run out of the room freaking out. He never really said anything other than "I said that and got really light headed and almost passed out."

After this we walked around a bit more on the 8th and left because we got a phone call from out lookout that there were literally multiple police cars circling the building. They had probably seen our lights from the outside of the building. The only problem with getting out was the fact that two others of us were stuck on the other side of that door and we didn't know it. We found them after we left but they both had a very interesting story for us that truly perplexes me to this day...

They told me that once they got separated from us they started looking for another way out. They eventually found another stairwell and ran up it to the roof and called the lookout to signal they were alright and on their way out. Upon re-entering the building from the roof they immediately went down the stairs as far as they could and walked into a room. They said immediately upon entering the room he grabbed a fire extinguisher on the ground and was intending to take it as a souvenir... Don't ask me why, he just took it for some reason because he's crazy. Luckily, buddy 2 put a rock in front of the door that buddy 1 grabbed the fire extinguisher from to stop the door from automatically closing. The room immediately got extremely cold they said to where they could see their breath. They cracked open a glow stick to find out where they were and immediately they recognized they were in the morgue because all the walls were metal and there were places for bodies still out. They both freaked out and ran out of there as fast as they could through the back entrance. If buddy 1 had not have put a rock in front of that door, they would have been locked in because it was the only entrance that was not blocked...

I don't really know what to make of the whole situation. I personally felt that there was something there in that building on every floor we went to with every turn and every room. I regret that my friends could have possibly gotten locked in the morgue alone with no help and no way to know where they were. I ask myself if it was purposeful that they separated and found themselves in the morgue almost like they were being led there or something.

In all reality, I really regret going there because I feel as though we disturbed things that were not meant to be disturbed. I promised myself after the experience that we would never do anything that disrespectful again. I plead that anyone even tempted to visit this place, not. Whatever it is there, wants to be left alone.

Wow, reading this made me feel an end to a search. The thing is, I use to see the teen boy at Fort Dix. I know of the place you saying on McGuire, and I find that wierd that he died there, but is being seen at Fort Dix. Although, I have had a strange feeling he died in a traffic accident.

Back then McGuire and Fort Dix used the same Hospital, because McGuire did not have one, which was Walson Army Hosptial. The ambulance that was dispatched took my brother to Walson. He passed away at the third school on McGuire, but was revived, during the transport to the hospital he passed again to be revived. He later passed at the hospital and all efforts to revive him again were stopped and they called it at 7:30 pm. So that is how he ended up at Walson Army Hospital. When we moved to Browns MIlls, it was right off the main road that Walson sat on but located in Browns Mills.

• 1 month later...

Ok. My turn to add to this thread.

i am stationed at McGuire AFB. When I was doing in-processing, a guy was talking about the hospital and how they were going to demolish it. He never said it was haunted, but he seemed happy they were tearing it down. I have seen the building a few times, and it is a giant eyesore. Broken windows, stains on the bricks, and just an overall unkempt feel to it. I was talking to someone in our squadron about the building and he flat out told me it was haunted. He told me about the rumours of 70% infant death rates, the psych ward, the wet mopped floors, and about the cemented in basement. Another crazy illusion is that when you are driving at a distance, Walson Hospital is higher than everything else, like its on a hill, looming. As you get closer, and get into the parking lot, the building is the same ground level as everything else.

That being said, I would love to get in and investigate it. I have tried to contact numerous people on base about getting in, but no one will allow it. I was told it was a safety issue.

Another building on McGuire AFB is closed down, and it has smokestacks (?) coming out of the top. I was told a worker fell off the top of the building and died. Another person said a guy was working on the service elevator, and was crushed under it, and died. The building was closed, but is still there, with busted out window and all.

(This building is on the older part of McGuire) A while back we were doing drills and a female and I had to be in a building early in the morning. It was about 4 or 5 am and pitch black outside. For some reason, when you go in the side of the building, the light switches are in the middle of the hall, instead of being next to the door. As she went to turn on the lights on the first floor, I went to turn the lights on for the second. She came up behind me on the second floor and told me she couldnt turn the lights on downstairs. She said when she got too far down the hall, she felt like someone was walking towards her from the other end. We turned the second floor lights on, and went back to the first. She stayed by the door, because I wanted to see what she was experiencing. As I walked toward the middle of the hall to the lightswitch, it really did seam like there was another person walking from the other end of the hall. This is a very long hallway, you can see the exit signs, but its a really far distance from one end to the other. The exit sign seemed to be blocked out by something as I walked toward the light switch. I felt like it was a race to see who would get there first. I flipped the switch, and nothing was there. She yelled at me when she saw my face, "SEE!!!".

After this incident, we talked to some of the people who actually work in the building, and they told us that kind of thing happens all the time. They see people in offices, when no one is there. They heard footsteps upstairs after everyone has left. We found out later that the building had been used as a medical overflow a long time ago. i dont have proof that anyone died in the building, but I definitely believe something paranormal is going on there.

• 4 weeks later...

Phil, I can almost remember when Walson Hospital felt new and shiny. I was in the Walson with pheumonia for four or five days in late 66 or 67. Each day they had us out washing the floors in slippers and bathrobes. Amazing when i think back to it. After four or five days i was transfered to a WW2 type barracks hospital compound. The barracks where connected to each other with enclosed roofed walkways. The walkways had numerous broken windows and the winds and drafts were unreal!! We were there for pheumonia and they could not be bothered to fix the broken windows. We were so exhausted we never heard or saw anything unusual. Though i did see a couple of guys throw their rifles away one night on a forced march. Their thinking was "hey these things are heavy lets get rid of them" These guys did disapear rather quickly but it was the MP's not the ghosts! Any one know where i can get photos of Dix basic training buildings such as the Big Deuce, or photos of the WW2 barracks right beside Maguire runways? Thanks!

Ok. My turn to add to this thread.

i am stationed at McGuire AFB. When I was doing in-processing, a guy was talking about the hospital and how they were going to demolish it. He never said it was haunted, but he seemed happy they were tearing it down. I have seen the building a few times, and it is a giant eyesore. Broken windows, stains on the bricks, and just an overall unkempt feel to it. I was talking to someone in our squadron about the building and he flat out told me it was haunted. He told me about the rumours of 70% infant death rates, the psych ward, the wet mopped floors, and about the cemented in basement. Another crazy illusion is that when you are driving at a distance, Walson Hospital is higher than everything else, like its on a hill, looming. As you get closer, and get into the parking lot, the building is the same ground level as everything else.

Ok, I know it's been over eight years, but I do have some memory of the place. I do remember Walson being on a hill. I also remember seeing Walson from off in the distence, everytime I was heading into that direction. I think it being on a hill might be the reason. I remember having to drive up one road to get there. The 70% infant mortality rate explains to me why Walson had a gyn and pediatrics off, but not maturnity. I become pregnant with my second on McGuire. Infact, I found out via Walson. Then I had to file papers that allowed me to visit various picked Ob/Gyn offices outside of the base, I chose one in Brownsmills. I was told to many infants died and pregnancies and births ended badly. Actually, there was a lot of bad medical practices going on there, when we were there. My right big toe is a testament to that.

Another building on McGuire AFB is closed down, and it has smokestacks (?) coming out of the top. I was told a worker fell off the top of the building and died. Another person said a guy was working on the service elevator, and was crushed under it, and died. The building was closed, but is still there, with busted out window and all.

(This building is on the older part of McGuire) A while back we were doing drills and a female and I had to be in a building early in the morning. It was about 4 or 5 am and pitch black outside. For some reason, when you go in the side of the building, the light switches are in the middle of the hall, instead of being next to the door. As she went to turn on the lights on the first floor, I went to turn the lights on for the second. She came up behind me on the second floor and told me she couldnt turn the lights on downstairs. She said when she got too far down the hall, she felt like someone was walking towards her from the other end. We turned the second floor lights on, and went back to the first. She stayed by the door, because I wanted to see what she was experiencing. As I walked toward the middle of the hall to the lightswitch, it really did seam like there was another person walking from the other end of the hall. This is a very long hallway, you can see the exit signs, but its a really far distance from one end to the other. The exit sign seemed to be blocked out by something as I walked toward the light switch. I felt like it was a race to see who would get there first. I flipped the switch, and nothing was there. She yelled at me when she saw my face, "SEE!!!".

I am curious what building this is. I am trying to remember a building with smokestacks on it. It has been eight years. There were spooky things going on all over the base, our quarters with numerous things going on.

I am wondering if Walson has been demolished was I write this. I know row of houses I use to live in, are gone. My daughter noticed this on a Satilite photo.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I found this topic doing a search for the Vital Stats office for Walson Army Hospital at Ft. Dix. My father was stationed at McGuire (when not overseas) and I was born at Walson in January of '67.

Mom and I left NJ to go back to MI after the folks separated due to dads post traumatic stress, at least that's what I was told. :(

I was too young to remember very much but I do have a vague memory of those brick row houses and playing out front of the one we lived in.

I used to think the street in MI where I grew up, was cursed... or maybe the house? Maybe they both were?

After reading some of the posts, I now wonder if being born at Walson had more to do with events that have occurred in my life, leaving me open to the weird or strange and often negative things in life.

Like they all followed me around from birth?

Who knows for sure but I find it all very interesting. As for paying a visit, I probably wouldn't, some things are better left alone, of that I do agree.

Back to reading the posts, have an awesome evening!

Regards,

Lela Una