Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sickos post fake Steve Irwin death videos

punish3ment

SICKOS have sparked outrage by posting videos of Steve Irwin’s death on the internet.

Fans of the self-styled Crocodile Hunter have blasted websites for showing a lack of respect for Irwin and his grieving family.

We revealed last week how the Aussie, 44, had said in the past that he’d like his death to be shown on TV. And his final moments WERE captured on camera as a stingray barb pierced his heart.

The genuine footage is being kept under lock and key in Australia. But jokers have now blitzed the net – including video site YouTube – with spoof and game versions, to the fury of Steve’s millions of fans.

One, called Roger and Waco’s Official Steve Irwin Stingray Attack Video Game, shows a cartoon Irwin swimming along until he’s attacked by a stingray as a "Game Over" sign pops up.

Nearly 24,000 have visited the site, but thousands more have voiced their anger.

One, named only as Jo from Sydney, raged: "These people are sick. The guy’s only been dead a few days. Show some respect."

And Wayne Ponting, also of Sydney, wrote: "Steve is a national hero, he deserves better than this."

Another video, by Awe Studios, shows puppets re-enacting the TV naturalist’s death to the theme tune of 60s series Stingray.

And a third, Terri Irwin’s Revenge, shows Steve’s widow firing at stingrays.

That, too, has sparked anger, according to a statement on the MoFun-Zone website. Creator Josh Tuttle insisted: "This is intended to be a memorial and NOT a funny parody."

We revealed last week how Steve said: "My No1 rule is to keep that camera rolling. Even if a big old alligator is chewing me up, I want to go ‘Crikey!’ just before I die."

Meanwhile, some are cashing in on Steve’s death by selling memorabilia on auction site eBay.

A week before his death, there were barely a dozen Irwin items on the site. But within 24 hours, the number leapt to 1,865.

A signed photo sold for more than £4,000 and a poster fetched £1,500.

Steve was stabbed in the heart by the barbed tail of a stingray at Australia’s Great Barrier Reef. He leaves a widow, Terri, 42, and two young children.

A public farewell is likely to be held next week at a football stadium in Oz.

Source

I hope these sickos burn in hell or get beheaded, you just don't post the death of a worldwide hero :(:no:

Edited by punish3ment

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Atheist God

• Tia

• punish3ment

• thecreeper

I agree totally...some people just have no class. :no:

you just don't post the death of a worldwide hero :no::no:

No one did, the article you posted says 'spoof videos', in other words, things such as flash cartoons. The actual footage will be destroyed after the coroner's report (?), it won't be released.

EDIT: I think a mod should edit the thread title to prevent confusion?

Edited by Raptor X7

I agree with Raptor here. Experience suggests that if this thread becomes longer than 1 page long people are likely to post without having read the whole thread.

I have changed the title of the thread from "Sickos post Steve Irwin's death" to "Sickos post fake Steve Irwin death videos". I hope this meets with everyones approval and stops any potential confusion.

Waspie_Dwarf

you know how sick people are these days. what really p***es me off is the people who push tomb stones over. thoes kinda people would make that kinda video

I hope the people who made the sick videos are eaten by crocs

Well a poll on the BBC said that 40% of 25,000 people wanted to see Steve Irwin's death on video.

I'll be honest and admit I'm a tad curious.

me too, kinda

On similar note (though this is actually real), there have been real "retaliations" against stingrays for the death of Steve Irwin, with carcasses found mutilated along the Australian shorelines:

Sept. 12, 2006— Wildlife conservationists fear that the recent death of "Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin has triggered retaliation against stingrays.

Ten stingrays have been killed since a stingray fatally injured Irwin on Sept. 4 as he filmed a segment for his popular television show off the Great Barrier Reef, according to The Associated Press. Multiple stingray bodies have been found on Australian beaches, and two were found mutilated — with their tails chopped off — Tuesday.

"It may be some sort of retribution or fear from certain individuals or yet another callous act toward wildlife," said Michael Hornby, executive director of Irwin's Wildlife Warriors conservation group in an interview with The Associated Press.

The killing of stingrays, Hornby continued, was "not what Steve was about.

"We are disgusted and disappointed that people would take this sort of action to hurt wildlife," he told The Associated Press.

Some fans have taken a more virtual revenge against stingrays. Terri Irwin's Revenge, an Internet flash computer game, has been circulating online since the tragedy.

The game features a likeness of the late "Croc Hunter's" wife, Terri, with graphics of her swimming underwater and shooting a harpoon gun at stingrays.

"Guide Terri through epic perils of stingrays to find the murderer of her late husband THE STINGRAY KING!" proclaims the game's Web site.

Full Story

Edited by Paranoid Android

To original post:

Not much to do about it. The people who have that sick humor will enjoy themselves. The people who are revolted don't need to give it their attention. They're just spoofs, nothing to get overly upset about.

To PA's post:

That is absolutely insane. Unbelievable. :blink:

The animal doesn't have a vendetta against humans, the stingray just acted on instinct. It was obviously provoked in some way, stingrays aren't known to just attack without reason.

This was revenge, which is entirely ridiculous.

The ignorance of some people is sickening.

Irwin would be outraged. :(

Well a poll on the BBC said that 40% of 25,000 people wanted to see Steve Irwin's death on video.

I'll be honest and admit I'm a tad curious.

I don't think there's anything wrong with wanting to see it, it's just human curiosity. However it's disrespectful to start making cartoons and games to humourize a mans death, especially just a matter of days after their death. :hmm:

I hope the people who made the sick videos are eaten by crocs

Don't worry when they all end up in hell mabe that will be their

punishment.

There are just some people that don't get it...I don't think I could bring myself to watch the video.

UPDATE

There is the actualy video of the death on youTube. I was looking for videos and i got a link to the death tape.

I havent watched it, I dont really want to. But i wish i never got this link, curiosity will soon get the better of me...

EDIT: sorry for the false alarm, my sicko friend got the same link and told me it was just a screamer, thank god for that.

Edited by punish3ment

i saw one with a screamer too but it was on google video under comedy.

this ends by saying that if you watched it your sick anyway.

(for wanting to watch it)

i think at a guess that steve irwin was a pretty straight up kinda bloke.

he wouldnt care about sad people looking:

to him they are lifes losers..

but people will always joke about this kinda thing.

he was gonna die this way lets face it ..and when u watched his programms you were always waiting for him to be done sooner or later...no?

and as for people having no respect for death nowadays,

i think people nowadays have no respect full stop.

steve irwin had a good life and was fulfilled and id say very happy too.

so who gives a **** what a few couch potatoes put on the internet .

Edited by conspiracysrus

i agree conspiracysrus. two people who go to cadets with me said they saw the steve irwin death video from a site (dont know, dont wonna know) and thewy were laughing about it. I just told them they were sick bastar*s and that they deserved to burn in hell.

In the immortal words of Rodney Dangerfield..... no respect, no respect at all

That is pretty sad. I did read somewhere that the real footage of his death has been leaked on to the internet. Anybody know if it's true?

im sorry but this bloke steve irwin crocodile man had the best sense of humour going, im sure he is looking now at heaven net downloading the stuff people have put about him and laughing his head off.

Of course its not funny for his wife and kids but at this time, i just think its ways for people to pay their respects to him. some are a little close to the bone but if anyone who should be complaining is his wife, IS SHE???????????????

he knew the risks while grabbing these dangerous reptiles and crocs, for this (the stinging) not to be shown after he said i dont mind the footage being shown and is not is trerrible. WHAT ABOUT HIS WISH!!!! is that respecting the dead????

No doubt your views im gonna hear them, GOD HELP ME!!!!

OK from what I heard Steve Irwin said that if he was being filmed and died, that he wanted people to see it. It was part of his job, and animals do attack and kill humans so it would only add to his understanding of nature. I think we need to start to listen to the wishes of people. If I was famous and I died I would want my death to be shown to the world. I find some humor in his death in the fact that he died by a sting ray.... after all he has faced, a simple sting ray killed him. Dont get me wrong I admired what he did and I feel for his family, but for gods sake people should be celebrating his life, not mourning his death. He was a great person and a wonderful father and husband so just be grateful someone like him risked his life to let us see how animals truely were and for bringing some humor too. Be glad someone like him lived and I doubt anyone will ever match him. Its alright to mourn for the loss of someone but if you celebrate that persons life and what he or she has done for you I believe it makes it far easier to deal with.

People are too easily offended these days.

I mean when he was alive people made fun of him all the time cause he was a crazy guy. Now that he died (not a big surprise) if someone does it they are demonized and called sickos/ People need to lighten up for christ sakes.

• 3 weeks later...

I wouldn't want to watch the video and hope it's never released for the families sake.

Unfortuently there's nothing new when a celebrity dies or gets arrested. The jokes and videos come out in their hundreds. I guess it's a statement of a lot of todays people. :(