Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Wii News

ArgenVert

Lol...the wii. What a stupid thing and a retard controller. I can't even imagine swinning that controller around...it's looks so stupid. :huh:

So.. you're not into something new and different? Aren't you getting tired with the same repetitive gameplay, when the only thing that changes is the graphics?

One of the main reasons I was let down by the PS3 was because the controller is identical to the PS2. I was hoping for something new.

I'm getting a Wii because of a few reasons:

1. Awsome games coming out. Especially SSMB.

2. The controllers!!!

3. Zelda OMGWTFBBQSANGWITCH

Edited by Zero of Deism

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ShaunZero

• BurnSide

• Mike8272

• ArgenVert

Correction. It WAS the same old controller on the PS3. Then however, when Nintendo fully showed off the Wii and the Remote, Sony scrapped the then existing normal PS3 controller (the one shaped like a boomerang) and are now releasing one that is also Gyro sensitive, albiet much less than the Wii's.

There better be swinging. I'm looking at sword fights in zelda, and swinging the racket/gold club etc in Wiisports, etc.

Exactly, for games that swinging should be used the developers hopefullly wont hold back for fear of tiring us out. I want to be able to sit or stand their swinging the controller around hacking at my enemies with my trusty sword. :P

Anyway anyone who uses the word 'retard' when describing something as bad loses all respect and disgusts me more than words can describe.

This may sound really umm, geigh, but i'd like to see a Harry Potter game on the Wii. :lol:

You know.. so.. so you could wave the Wii remote around..

like.. like a wand.

:unsure:

I think I will keep an eye on the games offered. If they are not too infantile to suit me then I will get this system. :yes:

This may sound really umm, geigh, but i'd like to see a Harry Potter game on the Wii. :lol:

You know.. so.. so you could wave the Wii remote around..

like.. like a wand.

:unsure:

:unsure: Well... that might be kind of cool, actually.

:o

This may sound really umm, geigh, but i'd like to see a Harry Potter game on the Wii.

They did that for the DS game, but it wasn't used much. I'm interested in what kind of puzzle games could be made. Also, if DQ9 or KHIII are transfered to the Wii that'd be awsome. But I'm not gonna hold my breath until they do.

I think I will keep an eye on the games offered. If they are not too infantile to suit me then I will get this system.

Red Steel screens

I hope that isn't too infantile for your tastes.

Yeah, that game also looks awsome. I bet sword fighting with the Wii control will be cool as hell. Hopefully these controls are more responsive than previous wireless controllers. Especially now that it has to sense the actual movement of the controller. And the batteries better last a long ass time, lol. :angry:

Edited by Zero of Deism

Nintendo's new console may not have the graphical capabilities of 360 or PS3 which essentially are the same of what's out now on juice. Wii does however use a completly new way of playing games. This is exactly what I have been waiting for from one of the big game manufacturers.

I am definatly not the only one who is starting to get bored with current game play dynamics. Wii is truly what the industry needs to breathe life into a bloated industry. Funny thing is Nintendo always does everything first, rumble technology, directional pad, touch screen, and now motion sensing.

Nintendo has been building a fan base outside of the atypical gamer appealing to women, and older people as well. Nintendogs, Brain Age among other have been huge successes among these audiences.

The new motion sensing controller allows for more of an interactive experience with games and this appeals to me personally. The fact that they are making a Bob Ross game that will allow you to paint pictures etc. could never be done with the controllers we have become accustomed to.

Nintendo has always been ahead of everyone in the creativity department. They have always been the first to do something new and this machine will put them on top.

Nintendo's new console may not have the graphical capabilities of 360 or PS3 which essentially are the same of what's out now on juice. Wii does however use a completly new way of playing games. This is exactly what I have been waiting for from one of the big game manufacturers.

I am definatly not the only one who is starting to get bored with current game play dynamics. Wii is truly what the industry needs to breathe life into a bloated industry. Funny thing is Nintendo always does everything first, rumble technology, directional pad, touch screen, and now motion sensing.

Nintendo has been building a fan base outside of the atypical gamer appealing to women, and older people as well. Nintendogs, Brain Age among other have been huge successes among these audiences.

The new motion sensing controller allows for more of an interactive experience with games and this appeals to me personally. The fact that they are making a Bob Ross game that will allow you to paint pictures etc. could never be done with the controllers we have become accustomed to.

Nintendo has always been ahead of everyone in the creativity department. They have always been the first to do something new and this machine will put them on top.

Well said. :tu:

The wii's the best,not only because of the price tag(even though it is sexy :wub: )its also the better looking of the 3 consoles,and playing tennise on the wii has stolen my heart(of course).

68-69 days until it's released in the UK, Though... tbh it's not far off the PS3 price. I heard it was going to be $500 - which is around £267, while the Wii is £220. The whole hype of it being called a "cheaper console" is kind of an understament. :hmm:

I'll still buy one if I manage to save rather than spend though :P

Though I doubt I'd be able to save...

A smart guess at the ps3 price would be round about £425. :)

Most likely. I was just using the only price estimate I could remember :tu:

Leliel one thing the Wii at both Game and HMV in england/scotland/wales etc is being preorder price of £179.99, packages prices at Game starting from £219.99.

So even lets take the highest price package from game which is £299.99 you get ;

White Nintendo Wii Console with Wii Sports

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Red Steel

Whilst a PS3 you won't be getting asingle game and will be paying at least £400. A 360 full consol with hard drive packages start from £280 ish pending on were you go and thats one game one controller you get more with a Wii.

So for me the price difference is huge between Wii and PS3, and big between Wii and 360.

Rayman: Raving Rabbids

While watching X-Play, I was surprised to hear Adam Sessler's(sp?) comment about the price of the Wii. He said he expected it to be cheaper...

I was surprised when I heard the price, because I expected it to be more expensive. I think it's a great price, especially since it comes with a game. I think it should come with 2 controllers though. But at that price I can't really complain.

I do, however, hate the fact(Well, maybe not fact yet) that the controllers will be $60... That's just insane. And I hope the controllers come WITH a nunchuk attachment. Unless it's just the Wiimote for $60 with no attachments. =/

Edited by Zero of Deism

People dont buy consoles because of niffty controllers, they buy them for games. Nintendo is not known for their variety of them, you got mario, zelda, and metroid. You want more than that? Well nintendo doesn't give a damn. I've lost count of how many mario games they've made.

Edited by Ashigaru

You seriously don't know how to quit, do you? And who are you to speak for the entire gaming community? I'm definitley looking forward to this new style of playing games. This new style of gameplay will make the games even MORE fun, and there will definitley be making some good games for the Wii. They'll be attracting many game creators. Not to mention that Nintendo and Square Enix seem to be getting close again. This new style of gameplay is one of the best ideas so far in the gaming community. Look at the DS for instance. The dual screens are extremely popular, and a very fun and interesting concept.

You have issues with Nintendo, why not take them elsewhere? This is about Wii news, not Wii bashing. The other topic got closed so you run over to this one.

Edited by Zero of Deism

I do, however, hate the fact(Well, maybe not fact yet) that the controllers will be $60... That's just insane. And I hope the controllers come WITH a nunchuk attachment. Unless it's just the Wiimote for $60 with no attachments. =/

Wiimote's $40 and the nunchuk is $20. I do have the feeling that a good deal on first party games, like Wii Sports, will only need the Wiimote. However, more complex games like Zelda and third-party games will probably use both.

People dont buy consoles because of niffty controllers, they buy them for games. Nintendo is not known for their variety of them, you got mario, zelda, and metroid. You want more than that? Well nintendo doesn't give a damn. I've lost count of how many mario games they've made.

You mean you don't buy consoles for nifty controllers. I certainly will, and plenty of other people will. Would you like games better without rumble? How about ditching analog sticks? Heck, how about ditching directional pads and going back to joysticks and trackballs? How about having only face buttons and no shoulders or triggers on the underside? It'd be a bit had to play most modern games with the old Atari joystick and button. If Nintendo is successful (and it seems like they will) then gamers the generation after the Wii won't be able to imagine playing their favorite games without a motion-sensing controller.

That being said, Nintendo doesn't have variety? They have more than some other companies *coughEAcough*. Does it matter how many Mario games they've made? Nearly all of them are very well made and can be fun more than once through. Many third-party games are difficult to really get interested in and most are mediorce anyways. Even the better ones are once, maybe twice-through games. I've lost track how many times I've played Ocarina of Time.

I was wondering if anybody has heard about the friend code stuff? Rumor is going around that there will be only one code for all games you play online. I was just wondering if this has been confirmed?

post removed: insulting other members because they disagree with you will not be tolerated Edited by Thistle

You seriously need to grow up and learn some respect. If someone doesn't agree with you, don't call them an "idiot". It just makes you look like one. At least add something of use to the conversation.

Edited by Zero of Deism

Maybe i'm going off on a lim here but i'll post this view anyway since you've flamed and offended others.

I bet your one of them PS3 Marks saying it;s God's gift to the consol wars. Well heres a point for you to think about a PS3 is just a souped up PS2 with better graphics card and a new disc type it's NOT A NEXT GEN CONSOL.

A NEXT GEN CONSOl is a Wii, the reason being is there doing something to revolutionise the games industry this controler you talk about is part of that system, it's next gen and thats the whole point of a new consol.

A 360 is kinda next gen as it's a whole new consol, it's a souped up XBOX for sure, but it's a near stand alone consol as theres hardly any compatable games. But it's inbetween the PS3 and Wii.

We probably won't buy the Wii for having a new style controller, but what we will buy a Wii for is the fact that it's next gen and bringing light to a whole new style of gaming.

What is PS3 bringing to the table?

Better graphics.

What has the XBOX 360 brought to the table?

Better graphics

What will Wii bring to the table?

A next gen consol, a new style of gaming, better graphics.

Wii = Next Gen

PS3/360 = Souped up PS2's/XBOX's.

I'm not going to tell anyone what a next gen console is.... I'm 28 years old and have had the following systems in my lifetime:

Atari 2600

Nintendo

Sega Genisis

Sega CD

Super Nintendo

Nintendo 64

Playstation

Sega Dreamcast

Playstation 2

Xbox 360 (just bought)

I was waiting for the PS3 but, decided the 360 was the best choice for me maybe not you? Obviously I am a fan of all video games and or systems. The reason I favored the 360 over a wii was... though the controller is cool and my wife would like the mario titles it ends there for me. I like the nintendo but, it fails to keep me intrested. Two months after getting used to the unique controller the games will come into play... Nintendo just doesn't carry adult driven games! The mario and zelda only last me so long. But, thats me! I'm not saying its not innovative! Hats off to them very cool idea and the price is right. The system will sell well. Probably better than any system they've had since the orginal 8 bit.

Sony on the other hand makes me sick... I was holding out for them until I heard only 400,000 units were being released to the U.S. and the cost is $600 dollars! No doubt it will be a cool system but, most of the game makers are taking the 360 titles converting the format to ps3 and releasing them... which means for a while your PS3 will be running good looking games but not at its full potiental! The game developing software just isn't there yet... the xbox 360 and Ps3 will be close in comparison what sets them apart are game titles... do you want halo or kill zone... I don't care just give me good games and keep them coming...

The wii will be different and innovative as nintendo has always been. Buy what ever floats your boat its all fun!!!!

peace out

Edited by Blazar

I think this time around Nintendo will have games for all ages. The Zelda alone though, is enough for me to buy one. Not to mention the Final Fantasy Chrystal Chronicles, and other interesting games coming out. Another game I'm looking forward to is Super Smash Bros Brawl. THAT'S going to be a very popular game, just as SSBM was.

Another reason I think they'll have better games this time around is due to the new controller. This will attract game producers, so more game producers will want to utilize this new style of gameplay for their games. Meaning more games being made for the Wii.

An example of this happening can be seen with the Nintendo DS:

Square Enix is making a prequal to Final Fantasy 12 on the Nintendo DS, and FF12 is a PS2 exclusive. So why not the PSP? Most likely because of the popularity of the DS and the style of play, which is actually one of the reasons it is so popular.

Edited by Zero of Deism

Nintendo has always had games intended for mature audiences, just as many as those aimed for kids. Generally, the more kidish ones are actually more fun however! But that old argument is useless.

The GC at one point had the three best exclusive Resident Evil titles. All extremely intense, gory horror games.