Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

If someone like Nostradamus appeared today

Raptor Witness

I'm curious what the readers here think would happen, if a prophet as good as [Nostradamus;] or even better, appeared in our modern society? [Jean Dixon] was pretty good, but I'm talking about someone of Biblical proportions and authority. You may recall that Jean Dixon predicted the death of JFK, and she also predicted the curious birth of a spiritually gifted person in 1962, after seeing an unusual conjunction of planets. To date this person has not appeared, but could he or she be out there, waiting in the wings?

Assume this person was an American, and could produce good documented evidence of his or her ability. How would the U.S. government react to this? What do you predict they would they do, if say, this person began to prophecy against the society in general?

1) Hunt the prophet down like a mad dog and kill him or her?

2) Try to discredit the prophet, with all manner of dirty tricks and deceptions?

3) Welcome the prophet openly and warmly, asking for helpful suggestions?

4) Brand the prophet a terrorist, and enact new laws forbidding the practice of prophecy?

This is a serious question and I'd appreciate some thoughtful remarks.

First off all, gifted people are born every day. Secondly, if someone like Nostradamus appeared in society today he'd be put in a nuthouse faster than he could make the prediction that he'd be put in a nuthouse. :tu::blink:

Edited by 420

I'm not big on astrology, but here's the curious chart from 1962, which stunned Ms. Dixon.

user posted image
Edited by Raptor Witness

Take the prophet into custody and attempt to use said prophet for their own agenda.

Unfortunately that is how the world works. All those in power would try to get to him first. And then what would we, the common people, miss out on.........

Nostradamus was a subject I spent some time on back in the 80's After my research I found that he did in fact land a few very good predictions. However he missed a great deal of what he predicted on. Jane Dixon was cool but I wouldn't place her anywhere near a prophet in description. And I agree gifted people are born every day by the thousands. Many of them however may never see it as a gift and not even use it like we would. I have seen some things in remote viewing that would blow your mind. And I honestly believe we all have the ability to predict things or sense things that go beyond modern day scientific or medical explanations. Thats why we have such a wonderful place like this to do our own research on is because deep down we have enough doubt to surpress our own ability of this talent. These gifted people have found a way around the doubt to make it work for them. Just like fear we only need to learn to work around our own doubts. The United States Goverment felt strongly enough about remote viewing to spend a ton of money looking into the idea. Then they bailed out and now I hear they have decided to give it another look. My own belief falls under the Bible it tells us to beware of false prophets but fails to mention the real ones. So the way I see it is if we had no prophets on Earth the Bible would have said "Earth Contains No prophets" You may be a real prophet and not even know it.

Nostradamus was a subject I spent some time on back in the 80's After my research I found that he did in fact land a few very good predictions. However he missed a great deal of what he predicted on. Jane Dixon was cool but I wouldn't place her anywhere near a prophet in description. And I agree gifted people are born every day by the thousands. Many of them however may never see it as a gift and not even use it like we would. I have seen some things in remote viewing that would blow your mind. And I honestly believe we all have the ability to predict things or sense things that go beyond modern day scientific or medical explanations. Thats why we have such a wonderful place like this to do our own research on is because deep down we have enough doubt to surpress our own ability of this talent. These gifted people have found a way around the doubt to make it work for them. Just like fear we only need to learn to work around our own doubts. The United States Goverment felt strongly enough about remote viewing to spend a ton of money looking into the idea. Then they bailed out and now I hear they have decided to give it another look. My own belief falls under the Bible it tells us to beware of false prophets but fails to mention the real ones. So the way I see it is if we had no prophets on Earth the Bible would have said "Earth Contains No prophets" You may be a real prophet and not even know it.

Nice post Makes, as I have been out of body. It's an interesting experience. However, I found that it wasn't a place I wanted to return to. I had a curious rebirth experience where I went to Hell. Later on I decided that elements of the experience were, in fact, merely part of my own life experiences, incorporated or woven into the tapestry of the mental trip.

I have read of the work done by the CIA and it looks legit. I"m convinced that with training, we could all touch the other side. However, I believe remote viewing may put our soul at risk, unlike other spiritual gifts.

The gift of prophecy is very real, but very scary to the U.S. government. In fact, if you haven't been verifiable harassed or threatened by your own government, you're not a real prophet. Jesus was correct when He said that a prophet has no honor in his own country.

This blog seems to have a bright group of people. Bright enough to realize that I asked this question for a reason.

And most of the prophets in the Bible were ridiculed by their own people. Has anyone looked at the case of Edgar Cayce? Was he a fraud or what? And these others who tried to predict the end of the world and made people sell all their belongings thinking there was no reason to keep them. Sheesh! :hmm:

Edited by Jaguat

Nice post Makes, as I have been out of body. It's an interesting experience. However, I found that it wasn't a place I wanted to return to. I had a curious rebirth experience where I went to Hell. Later on I decided that elements of the experience were, in fact, merely part of my own life experiences, incorporated or woven into the tapestry of the mental trip.

I have read of the work done by the CIA and it looks legit. I"m convinced that with training, we could all touch the other side. However, I believe remote viewing may put our soul at risk, unlike other spiritual gifts.

The gift of prophecy is very real, but very scary to the U.S. government. In fact, if you haven't been verifiable harassed or threatened by your own government, you're not a real prophet. Jesus was correct when He said that a prophet has no honor in his own country.

This blog seems to have a bright group of people. Bright enough to realize that I asked this question for a reason.

Oh, it's true...... :D

But seriously, during WW2 even Hitler was asking mediums and the like to predict the outcomes of certain battles. And if the outcome wasn't what you told him, watch out.

Greetings this is my first post :blush: here. I have experienced what is referred to as remote veiwing but also could be some sort of psychic ability. I have been chatting with people online and have been able to descibe what those people where wearing....no they didn't have web cam.

This is something that comes and goes...maybe it will develop as i get older..??

cheers

World weekly new would hire him, and in a couple hundred years when and if his predictions came true then he would gain the fame he lacked when he was alive and writing these predictions.

Im not too well versed on Nostradamus, but if im not mistaken wasnt he overlooked during his lifetime?

If someone just like Nostradamus showed up today, i think he'd probably be overlooked in just the same way, probably more so. There are more educated people today (meaning literate and having access to public forums) than in those days. Anyone can post their ideas on the interweb, or get a talkshow or hold seminars for 80 bucks a seat. "Theres a soapbox on every corner" as they say, so how would we know of the gift of Nostradamus 2 if he was here?

Also in this religious-political climate we live in today, anyone who did show up with the astoundingly accurate (ok, maybe not EXACTLY like Nostradamus) ability to haiku the future, he would probably be looked upon as the antichrist or something.

What if Nostradamus HIMSELF showed up today, (maybe reborn or on a spaceship or whatever you wanna tag to that) and could clarify all the predictions he made, or expand upon the ones we all think mean THIS when they really meant THAT. How sad a day it would be when the man we place so high on a pedistal wasn't talking about WW3 but was merely postulating on where he would find his missing slippers! Or worse, what if he showed up to tell us that his lost quatranes are about to come true..

Your post is interesting.

I remember reading about the CIA literally looking for people ( NDEs) and training them to astral project ( think thats what you call it) to spy on the enemy..... there was a couple of people they used for this after they put them thru long and difficult tests to observe the extent of their ability.

I'm curious what the readers here think would happen, if a prophet as good as [Nostradamus;] or even better, appeared in our modern society? [Jean Dixon] was pretty good, but I'm talking about someone of Biblical proportions and authority. You may recall that Jean Dixon predicted the death of JFK, and she also predicted the curious birth of a spiritually gifted person in 1962, after seeing an unusual conjunction of planets. To date this person has not appeared, but could he or she be out there, waiting in the wings?

Assume this person was an American, and could produce good documented evidence of his or her ability. How would the U.S. government react to this? What do you predict they would they do, if say, this person began to prophecy against the society in general?

2) Try to discredit the prophet, with all manner of dirty tricks and deceptions?

3) Welcome the prophet openly and warmly, asking for helpful suggestions?

4) Brand the prophet a terrorist, and enact new laws forbidding the practice of prophecy?

I beleive the US government would hire or attempt to hire a person with this type of ability. Now if they refuse it is likely they would attempt to discredit the said person. If you had a person or people with abilities like these in your employ you would know the future and could write history before it happens.

I think this. Simply because it's the 21st century.

Any prophet would seem arrogant, naive and self-deluded to us. Something which would stir negativity.

Probably either kill the prophett or not listen to him/her. There are way too many fake ones around. I once heard that if a prophet is around that heralds mass devistation and death, if this person is doing his/her job correctly their prophicies never come to pass.

If I were to tell you that 3 days ago I had a dream about tsunamis coming and the very next day a huge chunk of the northern polar ice cap fell into the ocean and caused some tsunamis would you belive me at all??

Of coarce not, see what I mean? But did I actually have this dream? Yes I did! And I was a bit freaked when I was told what happened after I told someone this dream!

I've been having dreams like this since birth. I have seen much, both small scale and large scale. But future history can be changed. Nothing is absolute!

Edited by UtahRaptor

The goverment will discredit any one like that, ask anyone about david icke most people will say he is a nutter. Only because of how the media portrayed him years ago. which is owned by the government

They get employed in the intelligence community as Analysis Officers.

The best ones are employed in Credit bureaus hence they know all about you and your future.

someone would try to put him in the mental constitution, and when they find out he's really a prophet, the U.S. government sends out secret agents to kill him. :P I guess thats why there arent any more smart people in the world. SIGH.... :D

Amusing responses, thank you.

If you are accurate about too many things, they do begin to worry. Bushy in particular, worries.

I'll give you a hint why. Homeland = Fatherland.

user posted image= user posted image

Edited by Raptor Witness

3) welcome the prophet openly and warmly, asking for helpful suggestions?

Back in the 70s a report was completed by the Vatican in relation to the United States it presented the conclusion that the US was in actuality a Theocracy and was run by the equivalent to an Egyptian Pharaoh (in relation to how one could compare the way decisions were made). Based upon this report I would say that number three was the most appropriate response. This may seem far fetched to some, but given my background, I can understand how this could be possible. The Vatican report made clear that decisions at the highest level are made entirely by this person and in fact since 9/11 he has been afforded with a code name (Julio), designated officially as the director of all top secret organizations in the US. All Jokes aside, this person is designated as an Alpha Leader, decides who will be the President of the United States and has been involved in every major decision since the time he was 9 years old (there is something related to an event when he was 6 years old but that issue is still considered classified).

Any thoughts?

Prophetic notions are [over]rated.

Truly, if foreknowledge is subjective of a humans' consciousness, and they feel that it needs to become a reality to progress?......I'll take the usual mindful stance of GOD help us.

No power on Earth would be able to protect a prophet if one were to ascend. For they would need to be a human, and as such... to a bona fide di[c]vin[t]ator?-death would surely be an avenue that would quickly come to that person due to the childish 'war' play that currently is going on.

In war...every side is looking for the advantage. They are also looking to KILL each others advantage.

Besides.. 'prophet' denotes a man of God...and as such they can take no Earthly sides. So it most certainly would not matter even if one DID exist

Chances are,if anyone has any ability similar to Nostradamus,hopefully they'll keep quiet about it...or they will surely face ridicule from many sides.People like James (The Amazing) Randi would be all over them in a heartbeat,trying to discredit them.

Someone mentioned Nostradamus' success rate and how it was somewhat low.One must remember,if they have truly studied Nostradamus,that not all of his predictions have come to pass *yet*.There is still plenty of time left for things to happen.

Besides.. 'prophet' denotes a man of God...and as such they can take no Earthly sides.

The etymology of the word has Indo-European roots meaning "to speak",yet the more common meaning is derived from the Greek "prophetes" which means "before speaker".Too many people wrongly ascribe a Biblical definition to the term.

Nebuchadnezzar employed them as wize men.

Medieval Kings employed them as wize men, confidant and sorcerers.

20th 21sth Century Presidents employed them as Advisers and National Security Officers.