Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Law Of Attraction

ShaunZero

Also, I see alot of people make alot of money on the gameshow, does that mean that everytime someone makes alot of money, it displays that the LOA does work?

Like one man said, he tested the LOA and asked to get 100,000 bucks. But he made 95,000. Didn't make a difference, he believed it was the LOA still.

Look, this would be a whole lot easier if you watched the video. Regardless of if you believe in the LOA or not, it's a great movie.

~Edit: If any members want to watch the movie you're going to have to pay for it. You can watch it (for a small fee) from the OFFICIAL SITE, HERE. The movie is copyrighted, we can't keep that link on here. Thanks - PA~

Time for me to go to bed, lol. :sleepy:

EDIT: Please note that I am still skeptical about the LOA. I'm just trying to get people to actually understand the concept and at least be open to the possability.

another thing for you to try roll a dice and see how often you get the number correct try it in different frames of mind at different times and note your results write down b4 each go what you expected to get and if you are going to be correct or not and if not by how much you are going to be out

I can't. I'm too skeptical of the LOA to use it correctly.

PS: I love to watch Deal or no Deal.

EDIT: LOL, I know you may not believe me, but I just found this funny. I picked up 3 coins (I wanted to grab 3 nickles) but I ended up with a penny, a nickle and a dime. So this made me laugh at put me in a good emotional state, so before I lost my giggles, I said "At least 2 of them will land on heads", I through them up and they all landed on heads lmao. Main reason I posted this was because I thought it was funny, lol. Especially the fact I come up with 3 different coins XD.

EDIT 2: HOLY CRAP MAN. I just did it again but wanted them to land on tails and all 3 did! I don't care if anyone believed me, just wanted to post this for whoever did care.

EDIT 3: Did it 2 more times. Got it right the first time, wrong the second time. Time for me to quit playing with coins and go to sleep, lol. Night...err Day. =P

Edited by Paranoid Android

Don’t get me wrong im not saying it doesn’t work only that it’s a psychological phenomenon and nothing besides

keep doing things like that (your coins) and note the results you will see that eventually it all evens out and you will see that each time you flip a coin you have 50% chance at being correct and that % is not dependent on your thoughts or frame of mind(on the basis you do it true and fair)

PS: I love to watch Deal or no Deal.

Me too :tu:

Don’t get me wrong im not saying it doesn’t work only that it’s a psychological phenomenon and nothing besides

keep doing things like that (your coins) and note the results you will see that eventually it all evens out and you will see that each time you flip a coin you have 50% chance at being correct and that % is not dependent on your thoughts or frame of mind(on the basis you do it true and fair)

Can't. Too skeptical to do the LOA correctly. Just watch the video, lol. Do it... do it.... do it... (starsky and hutch)

Edited by Zero of Deism

Positive thinking is in the head for the head and has no influence over events in the real world

Mental thought has been proven to be able to influence the outcome of a dice roll.

Mental thought has been proven to be able to influence the outcome of a dice roll.

Source please

for some reason the vid is blocked here in work ill watch it when i get home

Edited by Big cheese

Like I give a crap. It's not my error and I'm definitley not going out of my way to correct THEIR error. Maybe they need to be more careful, no? I double checked my paper work, and there was nothing done wrong on my part.

Well, your above statement shows you don't understand the reality of the loa.

I think over time you'll see it.

Source please

From a book i read many years ago.. Im sure you could google it though.. I dont remember the name of the book.

From a book i read many years ago.. Im sure you could google it though.. I dont remember the name of the book.

Im sorry but for such a bold and profound claim you need to provide a little more info than that to give your statement any credence any how

I would have thought info on any event with such implications would be easy to come by

Well, your above statement shows you don't understand the reality of the loa.

I think over time you'll see it.

No, because it's simply subjective. I don't find what happend to be "wrong". And what do you mean by against any laws? Laws were created by subjective MEN. The universe cares not and knows not about these man made laws.

Edited by Zero of Deism

Im sorry but for such a bold and profound claim you need to provide a little more info than that to give your statement any credence any how

I would have thought info on any event with such implications would be easy to come by

well it seems to work for me when I play monopoly.. sometimes even in sic bo too!

We have Deal or No Deal down here also. 0.50 cents to $200,000 you can win. They had a psychic special one day (the top mindreaders, psychics and clairvoyaints went on the show). The psychic who got picked though, she chose the briefcase with..... wait for it........ 50 cents :w00t: Oh, wow. I laughed.

Like I give a crap. It's not my error and I'm definitley not going out of my way to correct THEIR error. Maybe they need to be more careful, no? I double checked my paper work, and there was nothing done wrong on my part.

If you found a wallet in the middle of the street. The wallet is full of cash. There is also a drivers licence with the owner's details? Now - do you return the wallet or keep it?

Think about your answer. In principle, it's the same as geting paid extra at work. Through no fault of your own, you have come into possession of money that does not rightfully belong to you. You could argue that the owner of the wallet should have been more careful, and you're not going out of your way to remedy their mistake.

Honesty is its own reward, and I for one feel rewarded much more than any monetary gain would give me in being dishonest.

But that's just me, I guess.

- PA

No, because it's simply subjective. I don't find what happend to be "wrong". And what do you by against any laws? Laws were created by subjective MEN. The universe cares not and knows not about these man made laws.

Its not subjective. If you have received money in error you have still received it unfairly to the loss of the person who paid it to you. Human beings can rationalize almost anything they want to. A mugger who asked you nicely for your wallet compared to one with a knife for your wallet, is still taking your wallet.

I dont think these rules are man made.. They are universal rules

We have Deal or No Deal down here also. 0.50 cents to $200,000 you can win. They had a psychic special one day (the top mindreaders, psychics and clairvoyaints went on the show). The psychic who got picked though, she chose the briefcase with..... wait for it........ 50 cents :w00t: Oh, wow. I laughed.

If you found a wallet in the middle of the street. The wallet is full of cash. There is also a drivers licence with the owner's details? Now - do you return the wallet or keep it?

Think about your answer. In principle, it's the same. Through no fault of your own, you have come into possession of money that does not rightfully belong to you. You could argue that the owner of the wallet should have been more careful, and you're not going out of your way to remedy their mistake.

Honesty is its own reward, and I for one feel rewarded much more than any monetary gain would give me in being dishonest.

But that's just me, I guess.

- PA

good analogy.. i think we're both on the same wavelength with the wallets. heh

well it seems to work for me when I play monopoly.. sometimes even in sic bo too!

Maybe you only remember the times you did well?

I googled for your dice claim and only found bias physic sites and none of any Academic merit

Like I said earlier I think the foundations to all these schemes is positive reinforcement that builds self confidence and as a result makes the individual perform better its not a bad thing so if some wish to feel its some sort of repayment by the universe for good thought s that’s ok

Maybe you only remember the times you did well?

I googled for your dice claim and only found bias physic sites and none of any Academic merit

Like I said earlier I think the foundations to all these schemes is positive reinforcement that builds self confidence and as a result makes the individual perform better its not a bad thing so if some wish to feel its some sort of repayment by the universe for good thought s that’s ok

Well Im going to tell you a fundamental truth which you might think is full of sh** but its not.

"The dominating thoughts you hold in your mind will eventually reveal themselves in reality."

that may not be exact wording.. but its the correct premise.

an old idea that goes around and around which suffers from fundamental errors of observation.

anyway:

Law of Attraction

Learn How to Use Law of Attraction to Attract MORE of What You Want

Michael Losier, Author "The Law of Attraction"

Attract Your Ideal Relationship, More Money, More Business and All You Desire

A powerful force is at work in your life right now called the Law of Attraction. At this very moment it's attracting people, customer, situations and relationships into your life. The problem is, not all of those things are the way you you want.

But there's a straightforward way to change that. So, if you're ready to take the next step, join this interactive high-content training seminar and expect to learn GREAT tools and information on how to tap into Law of Attraction deliberately -- the art of Deliberate Attraction. There's a science to doing it and Michael Losier provides you with the simple 3-step formula to use.

$40 for his seminar where I live next month.

I think a sort of Heisenbergs uncertainty principle may come into play here. By attempting to influence the world around you, you will apparently do so, but is that change a physical one or merely your altered perception. The mind is extremely powerful, but there is limited evidence it can effect the physical world (except perhaps in the case of some exceptional individuals). Yet our mind's change the world everyday, once we have manipulated the world in accordance with our minds' desires.

Regardless, I see no reason to send the money back. Maybe they need to be more careful no?

And about the wallet, well thing is, I'd feel bad because I myself chose to pickup the wallat and ponder if I should keep it. At leas this way all I did was work for my money, then sit at home waiting for my check. To my surprise, I got paid 10 extra hours. I know that this money will not hurt the company(But with the wallet, I couldn't be sure), and since it's their JOB to pay me correctly, it's in their error, and I see no reason why I should take it out of my time to call, explain what happens, probably give them alot of information, work how we'll fix it out, etc.... when I did nothing wrong.

Just my 2 cents for whatever it's worth(lol)

Edited by Zero of Deism

So you're stealing. Money that does not rightfully belong to you has come into your possession. Tell me, would it be different if you worked for a small company that was struggling to make ends meet? The owner was overworked - he worked 70 hours last week just to keep the business above water, and in his tiredness accidentally gave you an extra ten hours of pay.

Just because a large company can afford to lose the money does not make it any more right.

It's right according to me. I guess we just differ in opinion. Next time they may want to double check their work like I did.

Believe me, I'm an extremely soft hearted perosn. But when it comes to specific things, I usually have a different way of looking at it than most people.

Edited by Zero of Deism

I must agree, as a capitalist, that it is wrong. In both cases, Zero you are stealing part of a person's life. Money is merely a token of the hours we spend as a wage slave, or the risk we take with our capital . When you take say $100 you have stolen anywhere up to a days work time from someone. From a different perspective, I have also found that returning other people's money or possessions always results in a bigger physical reward than what you would have gained by keeping found gains in the first place. So from both a moral and a material perspective i have learnt that the best thing for me is to take active steps to return anything "found". This is aside from the feel good factor and the reward you get from people's responses. In a smaller community, there is also the respect and good will you build up towards yourself, which can come in handy at times.

Well according to my moral code (pretty unique one at that) it's not wrong.

What I would consider wrong is somehow cheating my way into getting that extra money. Or CHOOSING to get that extra money the way we did.

Edited by Zero of Deism