Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A True Haunted House

Cufflink

Wow, what an amazing and frightful experience! A small black creature ? How freaky! Thank you very much for sharing your experience! The 2nd part was definitly worth the wait. I'm glad that you & your family made it out of that house while still maintaining your sanity.

Thanks Pappagooch. Looking back, I don't know how we got through it. blink.gif

And amazingly, as Hammy says, those little imp fellas have been seen by others. Freaky's the word.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cufflink

• dancin'hamster

• algernon the 3rd

• Agent_21

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cuffy ~ I'm trying to find you some links about the little critter and the Runcorn case. Bare with me, am not so fast at the moment.

Hammy x x x

Wow, what an amazing and frightful experience! A small black creature ? How freaky! .

That bit sound so familiar from somewhere. I've wracked my brain and bookshelves but can't find it. A similar creature crouching on a four-poster. Maybe someone else will remember.

Black clouds sound familiar from Berry Pomeroy and Runcorn, but I'll leave the latter to the village ghostmistress... wink2.gif

Village Ghostmistress? Does that mean me?

Had you said 'Village Idiot' I'd have known that you meant Cuffy ~ LMAO laugh.gif

The only reference I've found so far about little black critters is in an old Fortean Times book. A family plagued by poltergeist activity, blah blah blah, kids say a little Demon is on top of the door at night, blah blah, mother sees it watching her from the top of a cupboard one evening.....panic....they move out.....story over.....give me a little more time to find out more Cuffy

Hammy x x x

Village Ghostmistress? Does that mean me?

Had you said 'Village Idiot' I'd have known that you meant Cuffy ~ LMAO laugh.gif

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

huh.gif ....Oi!!!....what do you mean?..... crying.gif

grin2.gif

WOW. That was a freaky story. I would have moved after the swirling black cloud. It sounded like a mixture of ghostly and demonic activity to me. very spooky.

Cuffy!!!!!!!!!!!

I've found another 'Black Cloud' story!!!!

It's really freaky actually ~ it zapped a doggie.

I'll type it up and post it for you.

WOW. That was a freaky story. I would have moved after the swirling black cloud. It sounded like a mixture of ghostly and demonic activity to me. very spooky.

The black cloud was the final straw for us. That scared my mum more than anything. Just over a year later, we moved.

Ok ~ here's some info on another black cloud thingy;

Mr Sam Jones was working at the time for a local farmer, Mr Crowther. In the middle of August, three of Crowthers’ prized pigs died for no apparent reason. At the end of a fortnight, every one of his 5 pigs were dead. Five vets examined the bodies and were totally at a loss to explain the deaths. Two days after the death of the last pig, Crowther was astonished to see what he described as ‘a huge black cloud, seven feet in height, shapeless except for two prongs sticking out at the back’ coming down his yard, as if looking for more pigs. He mentioned this to no one, but a few days later his wife told him that she had seen a black cloud floating around the yard. A week later Crower discovered it in his kitchen. He brushed past it and said that it felt ‘solid’, and the two prongs went for his throat. As soon as the light was turned on it vanished leaving both Crowther and his wife very frightened. A few minutes later, Sam Jones called to ask for Crowthers urgent help. Crowther made his way to Bryon Street and upstairs to John Glyns’ room. To his utter horror, the back cloud was there. Floating above Glyn. It soon disappeared again.

On the morning of December 13th, Crowther saw the cloud for the last time. He had let his two dogs out and they both rushed off barking furiously. He turned to see the dogs perusing the black cloud. It dissipated into the morning air. And strangely enough, the poltergeist haunting at Byron Street ceased that very day.

Hammy x x x

Thanks Hams.

I'm beginning to realise that these black cloud entities are more common than I thought. Mind you, it seems they're as nasty as we thought. scared.gif

Hells Bells, Cuffy!

That's some experience you had there, I take that what your dealing with now isn't in the same league?

Hells Bells, Cuffy!

That's some experience you had there, I take that what your dealing with now isn't in the same league?

laugh.gif

Thanks, Pasiphae. Yup...a pretty nasty time was had by all.

In my current home, the experiences seem only to happen to other family members, and while not on the scale of our last home, are still occasionally very unpleasant.

Why I have avoided any experiences myself, I don't know.

Maybe I've cracked up, and I'm too potty to notice? wacko.gif

i dont buy it-how long would the average person stay in a haunted house-think about it-all that knocking and footsteps-and the sitting on the bed -its all you would think about-you would never shut the lights off-you could never be at ease-nobody would or could-its -b/s-everybody likes a scary story!!!!!!!!!!

i dont buy it-how long would the average person stay in a haunted house-think about it-all that knocking and footsteps-and the sitting on the bed -its all you would think about-you would never shut the lights off-you could never be at ease-nobody would or could-its -b/s-everybody likes a scary story!!!!!!!!!!

huh.gif

Hate to say this, but it's no story. Actually happened, matey.

My family were never at ease. We had nowhere else to go, and I've never slept in total darkness since.

BS? The people on this site are my friends. I would never insult them by lying to them.

But if you don't want to buy it, don't.

Yes sometimes there are other factors that prevent a quick escape from such places. That and false hopes like exorcisms that fail.

The phenomena aren't 24hr 7 days a week occurances either so there's always the thought/hope that they have ceased, or may do.

Edited by Agent_21

RonW60 ~ having had a similar experience to Cuffy I find your comments rather hurtful.

Have you ever had any of these experiences yourself?

These things happen slowly at first - an odd noise, a touch, something being moved. You put it down to imagination. Then they seem to build, get up steam if you like. When an incident happens you are scared......and then you get over the fear. And nothing else will happen for maybe a week, two weeks, a month............then another thing will happen. As Agent says, it's not a relentless onslaught 24-7.

Also, leaving your home is not that easy. It's your home. Where you feel, or where you should feel safe. We never thought once about leaving our home. We just battled it out.

Councils in the UK are notoriously bad at re-housing familes also.

Please take the time to the subject, and try to understand the thoughts and emotions of those involved.

Regards

Hammy

PS ~ yeah, I edited this cos when I first wrote it out I was knackered and in some considerable pain.....so I was cranky grin2.gif

Ron, your basing your views on how you think you'd react in this situation, which is most probably completly different to what you'd do if it were happening to you.

You've got to keep in mind that people can put up with the most dreadful things for quite some time, it's part of the human spirit, a sense of 'I won't let this beat me', if you will. I think Cuffy's shown real courage, not only in going through this, but also in releasing his account for public scrutiny.

Whether you believe him or not is up to you, but try to be a tad more sensitive and constructive in your comments, mate. wink2.gif

Ron, I'm in complete agreement with A21, Hammy and Pasiphae.

It's easy to sit back and say oh I'd do this I'd do that, but when it comes down to it people rarely do what they say it loads of situations.

There are many reasons you don't immediately leave the house, you've no where else to go, you can't afford to go anywhere else, it's going to take several months to get another house.

Plus it's human nature not to give in, how many people have bad neighbours but don't pack up and leave immediately - lots. So you will put up with something until it becomes intolerable.

Hammy, Agent, Pasiphae and Algenon.... wub.gif

Thanks, everyone. It's good to have your support. original.gif

am still trying to figure out what 'Delta' meant in this instance.......

could it have been a foreign language Cuff?

Latin?

am still trying to figure out what 'Delta' meant in this instance.......

could it have been a foreign language Cuff?

Latin?

Could be, Hams.

I'm open to any suggestions on this, because even though I've put the other stuff behind me, it's, "There, there, Delta", that eats away at me. blink.gif

What the @*$£#!! does it mean? huh.gif

veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery odd............

*shrugs*

you're positive it was Delta? Not 'divvy', or 'Deltiod'?