Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Don't join the army

RedEyeJedi

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ShaunZero

• Stellar

• coldethyl

• IamsSon

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The army sucks, I recon the Royal Air Force is much better :D

First. I am a veteran of the United States Army. I recently got out in June of 06. I have served in Mosul, Iraq and have first hand knowledge of what that video was about. That video EXACTLY demonstrates exactly what the army or military is all about.

Yes, they do tell you about college, its their main bait. However, once you enlist, the possibility of actually attending college is minimal. The reason behind this is due to deployments and training the army makes you do on a regular basis that interferes with school. I was taking eArmyU, which is online courses to get my degree in psych. I was getting A's in the classes I was taking for 2 months. Then my unit was ready to deploy for the second time in a year and a half. I got last minute notice that I could not deploy from my doctor after I already told the school I was deploying even showing orders. Since I dropped the classes after deadline and I DID NOT DEPLOY, I had to pay back 900 out of my pocket. I can go on and on about how true the video is, and i will....i will keep posting

heh I had to pay $1,200 for classes I had attended for 1 day and got all F's in because I passed the withdraw date here at ASU. And I'm not even in the Army... sounds like you got a good deal out of your mistake.

I wish these videos could be mailed to every person that the army sends pamphlets to. My daughter gets at least one a month. These young people are being told lies, nothing new I know, but they are looking for an education and these promises makes it so tempting. UGHHH I know people can't the government and this is how they are getting away with it.

I wanted to join the army, oddly and for unknown reasons (I think I know now) my recruiter talked me out of it :mellow:

You could lure your enemies into a lustful aura and cut their throats all "Vampiric-style." Oh, yeah.

I was in the army. It certainly isn't for everyone; very few actually. I didn't care for it. I loved being a medic but hated the structure of the military in that the entire lifestyle is based on mindless following of people that more than likely stayed in the military for the fact that they can't get along in the real world.

I don't understand how it is though that kids now are so gullible as to take everything at face value and not do research on their own. There is a war going on, and if you are so gullible as to sign up to go to war just because you want the college money and really don't want to be in the army then you have brought that strife on yourself...if a recruiter did truly lie to you then there are

Some recruiters will lie to get the numbers...others will overempasize the positives and hide the negatives. Just like anything else some are good and some aren't...

i live in canada and i plan to join the reserves but here in the reserves you have a choice to go into the war. but u guys should do something im serious like i look at how you gov treats u guys in the us and i am like man the gov thinks it can do whetever it wants and they have to be put back in there place start a revolution or somthing get rid of em and make a new one without crouption.

I wanted to join the army, oddly and for unknown reasons (I think I know now) my recruiter talked me out of it :mellow:

How exactly and why?

Well my husband is career Air Force and we're doing quite well actually. We knew what we were getting into when he joined at age 26. We've been able to live in England and it was a wonderful experience that I wouldn't have been able to do otherwise.

And my husband would do quite well outside the military FB! <_< He was a physics major in college.

It's not all cake, but what is? Someone has to fight to keep the USA free (sorry others I'm from the USA and speaking of my experience, no offence).

I served six years in the Army. It was a whole lot of fun... but I just couldn't see myself doing it until I retired. I liked being in the Infantry, and I even approved of what we did... but being 40 or so, and sleeping in trees left me a bit cold.

I'm now JUST under retirement eligible in the Coast Guard. I get the same regimented lifestyle that I liked - and I get to actually DO something every day - instead of training to do something that I pray I never have to do (war).

Recruiters for the Dept of Defense services are scrambling - and I've always held a whole lot of respect for the saying, "Caveat Emptor" - "Buyer beware". If someone is offering you good money and a butt-load of cash for college - you had better bet that you have to do some icky stuff to get it. "There ain't no such thing as a free lunch."

If the job was cake - and you sat in an office, eating donuts, and had no responsibilities - you would get paid crap money...

The job is VERY arduous - with great dangers involved. THIS is why they offer such good benefits. It is also why recruiters only emphasize the good things and REALLY downplay the bad things.

The Coast Guard still has lots of people banging on our doors - so we can "afford" to be honest and talk about being deployed and doing dirty work. (1-800-GET-USCG) (no, I am NOT a recruiter!!)

Yes, join the army!

One must fight! Fight for that fat man with a pen whom declares war, but is much to lazy and scared to fight it himself.

Yes, join the army!

One must fight! Fight for that fat man with a pen whom declares war, but is much to lazy and scared to fight it himself.

Somebody has to be the president. That is a nonsensical statement.

Yes, join the army!

You know it's fine to say these things but then when it comes down to it, someone has to fight, don't they?

People fight for their country so you can go around saying that you don't judge people but you have the freedom to make all the statements you want and not lift a finger to fight.

I was an officer in the U.S. Army. The Army is definitely not for everyone, since it requires actual physical exertion and a lot more brain power than the majority of people can actually muster. There were definitely times when I did not at all enjoy my Army experience, like when I went 18 days with no shower, in the middle of the Panamanian jungle, living on MREs and sleeping at most 2.5 non-continuous hours a day. That ROYALLY sucked. But I would not pass up the opportunity for $1,000,000,000. I learned that I can take a lot more than I would have ever expected, and now when faced with difficult circumstances I have the certainty that I will make it, after all if I can go for days without a bath and with almost no sleep I can handle just about anything. But if you are going in for any reason other than to serve your country STAY OUT!!! IT'S NOT FOR YOU!

Why I love to say these " things? "

Simply because I'm speaking from the heart, IMO war is an insensible and barbaric act, despite who's committing it.

I contemplated joining army through many tough times in my childhood, but as I got older I got wiser to the cause. And to add, I'm a solid 210 lbs, and have attended to 2 different Universities in my short life. So surely my IQ and physical capabilities are apt. No bragging intended, not I. With this said, I'm a strong advocate of anti war, and most of you know this and it angers some. But this does not mean I'm the only one that feels this way. No, 80% of my family and friends are too. No doubt I give it up to the forefathers whom died to get this beautiful multicultural county called Canada, and for what we have today. However now in 2006, we as a world community, we are fundamentally, technologically, and morally able as one to settle these global wars without barbaric methods from both sides. No more eye-for-eye ideologies. InI do not promote nor support terrorism, the war from either side is just that. One cannot solve war with war, it's historically shown, especially in Afghanistan, that answering so called "terrorists" by killing them and others, merely creates more terrorists. Creating more war. Most of you will discredit me for saying this, and this is mighty fine, I whole-heartedly expect you to. Like a Nazirite or Israelite, i vow not to cut my hair, this in itself refrains me from joining, unless I cut it. However, I will not cut nor fight for any man, strictly for the almighty. Hate it or love it.

We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community.

EDIT: To sum up, I agree with the title.

Edited by Kaknelson

If you believe ANY propaganda in it's polished form IE: religion, science, military, etc. Then you deserve everything you encounter during your involvement with said group. There is nothing sweet enough to sugar coat enlistment in the military. We all know what their purpose is and until you've fulfilled your contract, college waits... life waits. Don't blame the military.

These young people are being told lies, nothing new I know, but they are looking for an education and these promises makes it so tempting.

They havent lied to me... perhaps thats because I asked questions.

Why I love to say these " things? "

Simply because I'm speaking from the heart, IMO war is an insensible and barbaric act, despite who's committing it.

I contemplated joining army through many tough times in my childhood, but as I got older I got wiser to the cause. And to add, I'm a solid 210 lbs, and have attended to 2 different Universities in my short life. So surely my IQ and physical capabilities are apt. No bragging intended, not I. With this said, I'm a strong advocate of anti war, and most of you know this and it angers some. But this does not mean I'm the only one that feels this way. No, 80% of my family and friends are too. No doubt I give it up to the forefathers whom died to get this beautiful multicultural county called Canada, and for what we have today. However now in 2006, we as a world community, we are fundamentally, technologically, and morally able as one to settle these global wars without barbaric methods from both sides. No more eye-for-eye ideologies. InI do not promote nor support terrorism, the war from either side is just that. One cannot solve war with war, it's historically shown, especially in Afghanistan, that answering so called "terrorists" by killing them and others, merely creates more terrorists. Creating more war. Most of you will discredit me for saying this, and this is mighty fine, I whole-heartedly expect you to. Like a Nazirite or Israelite, i vow not to cut my hair, this in itself refrains me from joining, unless I cut it. However, I will not cut nor fight for any man, strictly for the almighty. Hate it or love it.

We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community.

EDIT: To sum up, I agree with the title.

Nice, but we have Islamic fundmentalists that want to kill us all. Sorry.

Nice, but we have Islamic fundmentalists that want to kill us all. Sorry.

You must be quite misinformed to believe that the Islamic fundamentalists want to kill us all. LOL

Is Mike Tyson included?

Serving your country is hard work and like those who actually were in the armed forces said above, "its not for everyone".

Its very simple; if you don't wish to serve in the army then don't. We don't live in a country where one is forced to serve if they don't want to.

Its very simple; if you don't wish to serve in the army then don't. We don't live in a country where one is forced to serve if they don't want to.

AMEN. And those who do serve will contine to serve and protect the rights of those with opinions that differ from their own. :yes: