Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Don't join the army

RedEyeJedi

Its very simple; if you don't wish to serve in the army then don't. We don't live in a country where one is forced to serve if they don't want to.

That is the bottom line for me; it is no different to tell people "don't join the army" than it is for recruiters to persue recruits. They are both recruiting for their own beliefs and goals, but the worst part is that the OP doesn't even have military experience or knowledge to be able to base the statement on. It would be like me saying "Don't join NASA and go to the space station because..." I have no idea to base my information on, and I'd be misrepresenting myself to say I had any depth of knowledge on the matter.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ShaunZero

• Stellar

• coldethyl

• IamsSon

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:innocent: like some have said,joining the military isn't for everyone.My dad retired in 1975 after 33years in the service.Three Army Air Corps,30 US AirForce.

When WW2 came,he had a defurment because he was working at Briggs and Stratton

in Milwaukee,but told Grandpa he was going in anyhow.

He also had two cousins in the USNavy and several in the army during the war.

Daddy said he tried to model his life and career on his father's family.My grandfather's family has always served in the german military mainly as officers.One cousin Carl,was commander of Army Group Kurland during WW2.

In a lot of families military service is something you do.

maybe young guys and gals need to talk to those who have been there,to hear the good and bad sides of service life.It's not for everyone,just as becoming a monk or a race car driver isn't for everyone either.

But not all recuiters are bad and dishonest.

But we shouldn't forget those who are serving to protect us,and we should treat them with respect,not like hwat happend to the Viet Nam vets when they came back home.

But we shouldn't forget those who are serving to protect us,and we should treat them with respect,not like hwat happend to the Viet Nam vets when they came back home.

Amen! Thanks for that. It's so true and so easily forgotten. :tu:

Somebody has to be the president. That is a nonsensical statement.

No it's not. I agree with him 100%.

If 2 countries are at eachother's throats, I suggest we push the 2 presidents into a room with swords and axes scattered everywhere. Give'em a taste of their own medicine.

Edited by Zero of Deism

Heh, me either. They "warp" the minds of most who join.

Show me an example of of a mind (especially a young mind) that hasn't been warped by some medium.

Social circles in high school? Nope

Athletics? No no.

TV? Definitely not.

Video games? Not so much.

Parents who don't hug enough? Whaaaa! Over-used.

What about people who are given the choice between 10 years in prison in lieu of a 4 year stint in the armed forces?

People just want something handed to them in a bright and shiny package with no regards for what they haven't accomplished. Just get off your ass, people, and do something. You aren't going to be forced to join the Armed Forces, you will not have to serve to enjoy the benefits of a sovereign nation in which to grow up and become an adult.

As long as you find your talent and make yourself content with your life and what you want to do with it then all be well.

There's a place for everyone but the Armed Forces isn't always that place. Learn to be a loan officer or a waiter if you can't handle that particular lifestyle.

The military is a very hard choice to make and most of the people complaining are those that thought is was going to be an easy ride. Not the case at all. Anyone who thought that when they signed up was a bit dim

They "warp" the minds of most who join.

Warp? In what way?

If 2 countries are at eachother's throats, I suggest we push the 2 presidents into a room with swords and axes scattered everywhere. Give'em a taste of their own medicine.

Its a shame that thats not how the world works...

I don't understand how it is though that kids now are so gullible as to take everything at face value and not do research on their own. There is a war going on, and if you are so gullible as to sign up to go to war just because you want the college money and really don't want to be in the army then you have brought that strife on yourself...if a recruiter did truly lie to you then there are

Im going to agree with fluffbunny here. One thing I found somewhat pathetic in that video was how they tried to say one of the soldiers who died "Was only 19 ! He couldnt possibly know what he was getting into !"

Uhh...

....No.

The US military is involved in operations accross the globe. Especially now with the war in Iraq. 19 is plenty old enough to understand that if you join the military your putting your life at risk.

But on the other hand part of the reason I decided not to join the military was outlined fairly well in that video. They lie. I would have a lot more respect for them if they didnt try to tell young adults "Oh dont worry, youll probobly never see combat !" When the fact is recruiters know full well that they cant make promises like that. And then trying to act like the military is "Fun" in order to get them to join ? What ? Is this the US military or is this the friggin circus grande ? If they were honest about who they were and actually followed through with their promises of college money and other financial aid they would probobly get a lot more recruits.

"ZOMG TEH MILITARY HAS WEAPONS DAt BLOW STUFF UP PEW PEW PEW ITS SO FUNZORS LOLOLOLOL JOIN JOIN JOIN"

Lieing through your teeth = minus 2000 respect points out of a possible 10.

Warp? In what way?

Well, in my opinion, the entire thing; Down to the screaming, rudeness, speaking of violence 24/7, pretty much warps you into a "killing machine" with no consciousness.

Why I love to say these " things? "

Simply because I'm speaking from the heart, IMO war is an insensible and barbaric act, despite who's committing it.

I contemplated joining army through many tough times in my childhood, but as I got older I got wiser to the cause. And to add, I'm a solid 210 lbs, and have attended to 2 different Universities in my short life. So surely my IQ and physical capabilities are apt. No bragging intended, not I. With this said, I'm a strong advocate of anti war, and most of you know this and it angers some. But this does not mean I'm the only one that feels this way. No, 80% of my family and friends are too. No doubt I give it up to the forefathers whom died to get this beautiful multicultural county called Canada, and for what we have today. However now in 2006, we as a world community, we are fundamentally, technologically, and morally able as one to settle these global wars without barbaric methods from both sides. No more eye-for-eye ideologies. InI do not promote nor support terrorism, the war from either side is just that. One cannot solve war with war, it's historically shown, especially in Afghanistan, that answering so called "terrorists" by killing them and others, merely creates more terrorists. Creating more war. Most of you will discredit me for saying this, and this is mighty fine, I whole-heartedly expect you to. Like a Nazirite or Israelite, i vow not to cut my hair, this in itself refrains me from joining, unless I cut it. However, I will not cut nor fight for any man, strictly for the almighty. Hate it or love it.

We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community.

EDIT: To sum up, I agree with the title.

Of course, let's put down our weapons and approach the Islamo fascists with open arms and friendly smiles.... that way they can shoot us in the chest more easily and when they show our decapitated head on the web it will have a nice smile on it.

Would you just stand there if someone came and struck you in the face? What would you do?

the army was a lie since it was created, i think its a waste of time and life to be in it

Well, I think you're a waste of oxygen, but I and all those who serve, will kill and die for your right to be an ingrate.

I am so glad we have an all-volunteer military.

Show me an example of of a mind (especially a young mind) that hasn't been warped by some medium.

Social circles in high school? Nope

Athletics? No no.

TV? Definitely not.

Video games? Not so much.

That still doesn't change what I said. It warps your mind. And actually, the only one I'd say does not warp your mind, is video games and television.

Social circles in high school: Definitley. They are immature people who down on anyone who is not like them. So they basically meaningfully warp the minds of others into doing what they do.

Ahtletics? Definitley. They do the same as above. They do it out of CHOICE.

TV: Nope. They simply try to entertain people. If anyone gets warped, it's on that person. Anyone can get warped by pretty much anything given the right circumstances.

Video Games: Not unless you're a retard and no the difference between reality and video games.

Edited by Zero of Deism

Of course, let's put down our weapons and approach the Islamo fascists with open arms and friendly smiles.... that way they can shoot us in the chest more easily and when they show our decapitated head on the web it will have a nice smile on it.

Would you just stand there if someone came and struck you in the face? What would you do?

Maybe I would, does that make me a fool?

The media portrays Islamo Facists up higher than you may believe, they're threat is not as dangerous as illustrated. Bush isn't the almighty protector as he makes most believe, he has other plans, big plans.

Well, in my opinion, the entire thing; Down to the screaming, rudeness, speaking of violence 24/7, pretty much warps you into a "killing machine" with no consciousness.

Is that what I am? A killing machine with no consciousness?

Btw, what kind of experience do you have with the military in order to be able to say anything like that?

You know what?

If my husband dies in this war he will have died for all of you to say the ignorant things that you do.

And I'd still be proud.

As someone else said, don't join if you don't want to, but there's no need to disrespect those of us who choose to make a life of the military.

Well, I think you're a waste of oxygen, but I and all those who serve, will kill and die for your right to be an ingrate.

I am so glad we have an all-volunteer military.

who are u to say anything useful, Bush sends people from the military to be pointlessly killed in battle a war we shouldnt even be fighting in. Theres no honor in die for a cause that doesnt have a cause

Edited by Iceman15

Is that what I am? A killing machine with no consciousness?

Btw, what kind of experience do you have with the military in order to be able to say anything like that?

I don't need one. I've known plenty of people who've been in the army.

who are u to say anything useful, Bush sends people from the military to be pointlessly killed in battle a war we shouldnt even be fighting in. Theres no honor in die for a cause that doesnt have a cause

Exactly.

I was gonna join the army, but the recruiter I talked to accualy told me that I shouldnt think of joining, not with bush in office and he says he was risking alot telling my that. But if I need to defend my home I will simply go and get a rifle from the local sporting goods and well.... TRY to fight but most likely I would die but atlest im defending my home. I wont join the military because the fact is we are fighting for other countrys, not our own. Im sorry to any vets that read this, I still admire our military but I cant do something like that while being controled by a madman. :no:

In my opinion, going into another country no matter what the reason, is taking the offense. I believe in only defence. If someone comes here, and attacks US, then yes, we should fight back to protect ourselves.

I know they blew up the world trade center, but we missed our chance to defend ourselves from that event. There's no reason to go into their country now.

Edited by Zero of Deism

I don't need one. I've known plenty of people who've been in the army.

Im quite sure I know plenty more... AND I have experienced it myself...

yea Zero knows the deal

iam not saying that the military is bad its just the way they run things is bad