Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Don't join the army

RedEyeJedi

In my opinion, going into another country no matter what the reason, is taking the offense. I believe in only defence. If someone comes here, and attacks US, then yes, we should fight back to protect ourselves.

I know they blew up the world trade center, but we missed our chance to defend ourselves for that event. There's no reason to go into their country now.

So they can kill our people and not suffer for it? Not. Many people lost brothers, sister, daughter, etc. They cry out for vengeance.

Lets turn the middle east into glass. :P

I'm only half kidding.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ShaunZero

• Stellar

• coldethyl

• IamsSon

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yea Zero knows the deal

iam not saying that the military is bad its just the way they run things is bad

:rolleyes: Its amazing how persistant people can be in forewarding something they know little about.

What, exactly, is bad about the way the military runs things, hmm? Think carefully.

Dont know about usa but in uk you only get one piece of toilet paper to wipe your ass with. Thats reason enough not to join

let's put down our weapons and approach the Islamo fascists with open arms and friendly smiles.... that way ... when they show our decapitated head on the web it will have a nice smile on it.

:w00t:

Dont know about usa but in uk you only get one piece of toilet paper to wipe your ass with. Thats reason enough not to join

You realize that that is an urban legend, right? After working with several nations' militaries, I have heard that UL from them all - and all of them laugh at it.

Sure, it may be cheap and as soft as sand-paper, but there is a whole lot more than one piece. There's... enough to get the job done... :P

I was gonna join the army, but the recruiter I talked to accualy told me that I shouldnt think of joining, not with bush in office and he says he was risking alot telling my that. But if I need to defend my home I will simply go and get a rifle from the local sporting goods and well.... TRY to fight but most likely I would die but atlest im defending my home. I wont join the military because the fact is we are fighting for other countrys, not our own. Im sorry to any vets that read this, I still admire our military but I cant do something like that while being controled by a madman. :no:

I'm sorry to break it you, but that recruiter was only being nice while doing his job. The military can only take so many malcontents at a time and recuriters are required to nicely turn so many down each month. I would like to thank that recruiter for doing his job so well.

Edited by IamsSon

In my opinion, going into another country no matter what the reason, is taking the offense. I believe in only defence. If someone comes here, and attacks US, then yes, we should fight back to protect ourselves.

I know they blew up the world trade center, but we missed our chance to defend ourselves for that event. There's no reason to go into their country now.

Please stay out of the military!!! I want to insure my country continues to be free and I want our country's military to continue to be the best in the world and by staying out you are helping insure both of those have a greater chance of happening. Thanks for not joining.

Edited by IamsSon

Warp? In what way?

Its a shame that thats not how the world works...

Thats what Jesus did though.

A king that died for his people.

Let's see Bush do that. :rolleyes:

Thats what Jesus did though.

A king that died for his people.

Let's see Bush do that. :rolleyes:

Thats a goofy comparison.

We don't even know if Jesus really existed.

Thats a goofy comparison.

We don't even know if Jesus really existed.

If it's still a mystery fro some perhaps you should read this.

It's the best proof for God, Jesus and Satan yet:

Proof God Exists

regards

ablebodiedman

If it's still a mystery fro some perhaps you should read this.

It's the best proof for God, Jesus and Satan yet:

Proof God Exists

regards

ablebodiedman

That is not proof. Sorry.

Wabbit.

Please stay out of the military!!! I want to insure my country continues to be free and I want our country's military to continue to be the best in the world and by staying out you are helping insure both of those have a greater chance of happening. Thanks for not joining.

So Mr. Iknoweverything, what are YOU doing to defend our country, sitting at ur computer aruging with other people isnt something to brag about i suggest you give some feedback that people can actually use edit; removed crude retort.

Edited by Magikman

ablebodiedman, please don't derail the thread with irrelevant comments or links, they don't contribute to the topic being discussed.

All other participants are reminded to keep thier remarks civil and appropriate, any derogatory and/or belittling comments will be removed and the offender dealt with accordingly.

MM

Heck, that looked easy, Where do i sign up?

So they can kill our people and not suffer for it? Not. Many people lost brothers, sister, daughter, etc. They cry out for vengeance.

Lets turn the middle east into glass. :P

I'm only half kidding.

If they kill our people, then run back home, you don't go into their country and blow them up. If you see them trying to kill our people, you kill them. :yes:

Why do you think you go to jail for getting revenge on someone, but not if you're doing it in self defence?

So if someone let's say... robs your home and kills your wife. You'll ride over to his house and kill him? It's the same logic. You might feel like you should do it, but then you'll be tossed in jail because you've committed a CRIME.

Look, to be honest with you. I'd do the exact same thing. I'd WANT to ride over to the person's house and shoot them dead in the face. But when it comes to war, too many innocent people are getting killed. And according to some, the army tortures it's victoms. We have no idea to know if it's even true or not. War is not something small. We're causing all sorts of trouble just by being ignorant. Why not worry about people starving in the US, why not worry about the crime HERE? Why not worry about HERE? We're basically just going out for REVENGE.

Edited by Zero of Deism

So if someone let's say... robs your home and kills your wife. You'll ride over to his house and kill him?

So if, say, someone was shooting at your house from their house, would you not shoot back... *in self defense*?

Your analogy is flawed, mainly because the police, acting on the part of the victim, DO go after the criminal, wherever he may be.

They don't kill the victom, they arrest him, and it usually doesn't result in 100+ innocent people being killed.... And I'm not aiming at a perfect analogy, I'm just trying to get people to understand what I'm saying.

Edited by Zero of Deism

I'm sorry to break it you, but that recruiter was only being nice while doing his job. The military can only take so many malcontents at a time and recuriters are required to nicely turn so many down each month. I would like to thank that recruiter for doing his job so well.

Military recruiters have the obligation to not waste funds for extensive testing on candidates who are obviously under-qualified in the brains department. It costs too much money.

I'm not saying that's what happened in this particular case but with all the posters here screaming that the US military is taking anyone capable of tying their own shoes, getting an automatic 'ding' might make one wonder.

Or maybe he just didn't like you. :D

Edited by girty1600

I have been involved in the army since i was 6 years old.

I was a Cadet at 6 and when i turned 15 i became a member of the reserve.

I am currently studying at a public university but am seriously considering entering the Australian Defence Force Academy to finish my degree.

No i don't want to go to war and I doubt that any soldier truly does. But of it is necessary for my country then of course i would go. I don't agree with the war in Iraq and have made that clear before. However if the Government started calling up the reserves i would go to support my country willingly.

I am seriously considering joining the Army as i feel it would be an incredible life.

I have many older friends who are or once were members in the Army, Navy and Air Force. They describe an incredible society.

Yes many people are not suited to the discipline or physical toughness required for the job but personally i think it would be incredible. I look forward to the day that I am an Officer in the Australian Army.

They don't kill the victom, they arrest him,

They arrest him if they can... if the guy fights back, they call in SWAT and most likely kill him.

and it usually doesn't result in 100+ innocent people being killed....

Are you saying every military operation results in 100+ innocent people being killed?

You know what? A military operation is a lot like a worst case police scenario... the army is the equivalent of SWAT, but in the military operation, the scale is MUCH much bigger than on the almost pedestrian SWAT operation.

Edit; removed insipid comment. Marley, the remark was redundant and nonsensical, if you have nothing productive to add to the discussion, don't post anything at all. Edited by Magikman

So Mr. Iknoweverything, what are YOU doing to defend our country, sitting at ur computer aruging with other people isnt something to brag about i suggest you give some feedback that people can actually use edit; removed crude retort.

I already served my country. I was a Captain in the U.S. Army. I did provide feedback and I will restate and elaborate:

If you are not joining the military for the express purpose of serving your country, in what is definitely one of the most intense and dangerous ways...stay out, the military is not for you!

So if someone let's say... robs your home and kills your wife. You'll ride over to his house and kill him? It's the same logic. You might feel like you should do it, but then you'll be tossed in jail because you've committed a CRIME.

Look, to be honest with you. I'd do the exact same thing. I'd WANT to ride over to the person's house and shoot them dead in the face. But when it comes to war, too many innocent people are getting killed. And according to some, the army tortures it's victoms. We have no idea to know if it's even true or not. War is not something small. We're causing all sorts of trouble just by being ignorant. Why not worry about people starving in the US, why not worry about the crime HERE? Why not worry about HERE? We're basically just going out for REVENGE.

I'm nost sure how this comes up as a response to my post where I thanked you for NOT joining the military, but OK. If someone robs my home and kills my wife, he'd better hope I am not home, because he will be dead way before he manages to leave my house. If he does manage to leave, he'd better hope the police get their hands on him before I do, because it will be a slow, painful death in my hands. I live in Texas, I may get a reprimand if I kill him outside my home, but I will probably not go to trial for killing him.

However, you are right that would be a case of revenge.

In the current case the world is involved in a war declared by the Islamo fascists agains the Western world. We did not start the war, and yes, innocent people may be dying, but the ones who began the war apparently didn't care. The only sustainable peace in this world is peace through strength. The enemy needs to fear what we can do to him, so that he will not attack.

Edited by IamsSon