Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Lionel

Noah's Ark: A Wooden Submarine ?

Lionel

user posted imageWithin the past years, results of aero and space photography have proved that there is some wooden construction in the glacier on the top of the Ararat mountain. This huge construction looks very much like an ark. But as Turks (as is known, the Ararat mountain is situated on the territory of Turkey) do not allow foreigners to this part of the country, it has not been yet found out what the construction is in fact. At the beginning of autumn, a Russian expedition visited for the first time the region where Noah's Ark might have been situated on the Ararat Mountain. Leader of the expedition Andrey Polyakov tells about the details of the expedition. The Neizvestnaya Planeta (Unknown Planet) TV company that organized the expedition managed to appropriate financing only for four members of the expedition, two TV operators and two journalists.

Before we ascended Ararat, we visited several places in the foothill that were also connected with the Noah legend. Ancient Armenians used unusually huge plates as gravestones on their graves and engraved crosses on them. In fact, these plates are anchor stones that had been used as dead weight for ships centuries ago. Archeologists discover many stones of this kind in the Mediterranean Sea. But at the bottom of the mountain the stones are 1.5-2 times bigger (2.5-3 to 1.5 meters). This is logic to suppose that a ship that used the anchor stones was much bigger than usual ones.

user posted image View: Full Article | Source: Pravda.ru

Kryso
But as Turks (as is known, the Ararat mountain is situated on the territory of Turkey) do not allow foreigners to this part of the country

Interesting story...

But just a point, or rather a question... Why don’t the Turks let people into that part of the country? I have been to Turkey and have seen much of the country, but I didn’t realise that if I wanted to, I couldn’t have been able to go here. Anyone know why? dontgetit.gif

Lionel

Interesting story...

But just a point, or rather a question... Why don’t the Turks let people into that part of the country? I have been to Turkey and have seen much of the country, but I didn’t realise that if I wanted to, I couldn’t have been able to go here. Anyone know why? dontgetit.gif

The proximity to the Iranian and Armenian borders, and the military conflict between Turkish soldiers and Kurdish terrorists on and near Mount Ararat, make it extremely difficult to obtain permission to do scientific research on the mountain because terrorists like to cross from Iran and hide on the mountain before they go elsewhere in Turkey. Because of this, Mount Ararat is a second-degree military zone and no foreigners have been legally allowed on it since 1991.