Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

skinwalker ranch

morrison1976

I have just been reading about a very strange story. It was covered by george knapp, who people might know on here.

Skinwalker Ranch is a piece of property located in Utah's Uinta mountains. The

Skinwalker is an evil force - a Shaman with supernatural shapeshifting

powers that uses the ranch as a path of sorts. Local Native

Americans warn to stay away. But that's not the only paranormal

activity in the area. There's UFO activity, ghosts, bigfoot

sightings, floating blue orbs, half human-half animal creatures,

portals of light opening for unknown animals to step through them - the

list goes on…

Skinwalker Ranch,

from all reports, is a paranormal enthusiast's dream come true.

Almost any kind of unearthly experience you can imagine has happened

there. The Skinwalker the ranch is named for is a Shaman with a

supernatural power to shapeshift. These Shaman are

said to be given these powers only after killing a loved one or

relative. Natives Americans in the area warn to stay away,

because the ranch is somehow in the skinwalker's path. The

ranch's spine-shivering history started (or at least was first

publicised) in 1995, when the family who owned it put it on the

market.

They'd just moved in the year before,

and during their 20 month tenancy, they had several horrific

experiences that motivated a move out. Those experiences included

shadowy figures, objects moving on their own, and ghastly voices from

who-knows where.

Lucky for the family, when they wanted out, NIDS (National

Institute for Discovery Science) wanted in. NIDS is a Las Vegas

based, non-government owned X-Files research team of sorts. Part

of their mission statement is as follows:

"The National Institute for

Discovery Science (NIDS) is a privately funded science institute

engaged in research of aerial phenomena, animal mutilations, and other

related anomalous phenomena."

It's easy to see why a group like that would want to move into

Skinwalker Ranch. When they did acquire it, they went to work

fast. Video cameras were installed throughout the property,

observation posts were built, and it was staffed with scientists and

former lawmen around the clock. It is one of the biggest

paranormal research endeavors in man's short history, and not without

merit. Dr. Colm Kelleher, who is in the know on the ranch project,

said:

"We probably have, if you count all the pre-NIDS and post-NIDS

incidents, close to 100 different incidents. If you look at all of

them, the one thing that jumps out is how unreproducible they are."

Some of the sightings that have been reported include UFO

sightings (by about half the locals have seen them), cattle mutilation,

bigfoot sightings, poltergeists, teleportation of unspecified objects

or beings, 'sea' serpents in a nearby lake, blurry stealth creatures

(like in the predator movies), a large hyena, glowing blue orbs (that

disintegrated three attacking dogs into a grey sludge), masonic symbols

carved in unreachable places, and of course - skinwalkers. This

list is only partial.

The story was broke by George Knapp, a

reporter for the Las Vegas Mercury. He was allowed access to the

ranch for a two part article he wrote on the subject. For a more

in-depth look at the happenings on the ranch, you can get the book he

wrote on the matter. It was co-authored with NIDS investigator

Colm Kelleher, and is entitled Hunt For The Skinwalker.

And if you're just now scheduling your first vacation there,

forget it. Visitors are not allowed. Plus, everything has

gone quiet. Some say it's because the phenomena grew tired of

being hunted, and that's a shame.

Very interesting. Just wanted to know if anyone else knows anything about it

sounds like a good place to send skeptics :yes::devil:

i would go :no: i would :no: I WOULD :no:

I think believers and skeptics would find it fascinating. :tu:

I haven't read the book but I am familiar with the whole story.

Too bad it has gone quiet and research stopped around 2003.

Yeah thats the downside to the whole thing. Its been quiet for a while now. I dont know if the scientist team are still there. When the family was living there so much was happening. It really sound to me that the place was some gateway to something not of this dimention. It was not just ufo, being sighted. Strange creartures, noises, lights, voices, you name it, it was happening. When the scientist were there it did go quiet, but stuff was still happening. I would love to read the book. Damn!!!!! why cant i live in a place like that lol :D

Hello,

I've been lurking around this forum for about a year now, but have never really had any reason to post. Sure, I've gotten really irritated about some of the incessant and idiotic blathering by a few of the people who think that they know about the military and seemingly attribute every single paranormal occurance to good ole Uncle Sam. There is, however, really no reason for me to come on here and rebuke them for being so uninformed, especially when, in the event that I do provide them with contradictory data, I would definitely either be branded a liar or a fool, in addition to compromising a TS-Comp security clearance, which generally has a tendency to be frowned upon......even after you have completed your active duty service. I can tell you that I was a 1T271 TSgt in the USAF, stationed at Pope AFB and attached to 3rd Special Forces Grp and a JSOC-DELTA unit through the 24th STS. I spent almost 8 years on active duty and have been out for a few years now.

Anyhow, I just finished this book recently and finally decided that I would post a comment. It was a very nice read, indeed. That is, IF you go into it with an open mind, which I always attempt to do. There were many strange, but seemingly interrelated events taking place at this ranch. Like someone said previously, many people think that there is some sort of interdimensional rift that is the cause of the strange occurances. Others continue to think that everything can be attributed to secret military projects. However, even being privy to much more knowledge and technology than the average military member, I still don't believe that the military has the capability or desire to pull off some of these events.

The book also mentions a few other places around the world where a similar cachophony of paranormal events has occured at random highly active intervals.

If you like this sort of read, I highly recommend it. Some of the events will really make the hair on the back of your neck stand up. Check it out. Have a great day.

Jester

Edited by Jestersinthemoon

Sounds a little bit too Addams Family at first glance for me. All this happening at one place at the same time just doesn't sound credible at all. Where can I get this book?

You may buy the book on Amazon, "Hunt for the Skinwalker".

Welcome Jester!

Where is Col. Mike Medcalf, call sign Viper? Just joking.

Its true i dont really know much about it. Im from the uk but now live in beijing china and because i dont have a proper bank card i cant buy anything yet:( i am really looking forward to reading this book. I do believe there are a number of places around the world where this sort of activity happens.

I am not saying all this didn't happen. Haven't read the book, am interested on how everything seem to stop at once. That doesn't make sense. To have so many different occurrences happening at one time and then nothing. Does anyone have an explanation for this beside all of them being tired? I mean a skinwalker, UFO's. ghosts, sea serpents, blue orbs, on and on and all this stops around the same time? Along with the mystery of the events themselves, does anyone else wonder about this??

Yes, that is really annoying. They reckon, as it is some sort of intelligence, they stopped because they knew why the people were there. I heard some stuff did still happen, but no way near as bad. In cases like this you really have to have faith in the people who lived in the farm. Were they lying?? did they make money from this??. I hope they are telling the truth because that would be amazing, but how do we know they are. Some of the stuff that was happening, even i find it hard to believe. Like the hole opening up, like some portal, and some creature coming out of it and disapearing into the night as the portal closed. I would really like to read the book. I wish there was a tv documentry made about it

So glad you responded and feel the same way. Have written down the title and am going to check with the bookstore. Sounds like it would at least be fascinating reading. Do you happen to know if there were other witnesses to the occurances at the house besides the family and paranormal researchers? The more there is the more creditable all this would be.

Yes, they theorize an intelligence was active and eventually grew tired of preforming.

Other witnesses include neighbors, police and the investigators.

http://www.huntfortheskinwalker.com/

http://www.aliendave.com/UUFOH_TheRanch.html

I heard there was alot of activity outside the ranch too, but the real wierd stuff was on the ranch. Neighbors saw strange lights and stuff too. I would love to get the book:) If anyone gets it and reads it, get back to me:)

ALL of these things supposedly happened and all that came out of it is a book?????

Seems to me with that much activity there should be hundreds of pictures and some videos.

I have a family of bigfoots, a few half human creatures, and an underground ufo base on my property. Please buy my book.

P.S. I'm sorry but I have no photos to prove they are here....just take my word for it.

Sometimes you just have to have faith in the witneses. Until i read the book there is not much i can say. I have seen cases with no evidence but i have still believed in the case because of th witneses. Sometimes thats all you can do. Its still an interesting case.

Yes, that is really annoying. They reckon, as it is some sort of intelligence, they stopped because they knew why the people were there. I heard some stuff did still happen, but no way near as bad. In cases like this you really have to have faith in the people who lived in the farm. Were they lying?? did they make money from this??. I hope they are telling the truth because that would be amazing, but how do we know they are. Some of the stuff that was happening, even i find it hard to believe. Like the hole opening up, like some portal, and some creature coming out of it and disapearing into the night as the portal closed. I would really like to read the book. I wish there was a tv documentry made about it

Exactly, i was just wondering how on earth does those blurry stealth creatures(predators) appear in real life. I mean i've always thought that these weird creatures only appeared in fiction story books but i dont believe my eyes, they seem to be what it is in real life as what appeared in fiction books.

Also the teleportation, no one has yet invented teleportion portal, so how on earth did these weird things appear on earth all of a sudden.

Lastly, the skinwalkers, some people says that they could change into any animal when they acquired the type of animal skin. Despite of that, they act as a spiritual figure stalking on people as it is already creepy enough. This saying could be evidently prooved by some full navajo people who had experience in hunting skinwalkers as well as been stalked or visited during night times. Click on the link below to view relative thread about skinwalker:

Skinwalker

Anyway, i've recently got interested in this skinwalker thingy when i came across threads talking about skinwalker. Btw does those NIDS or any sightings by people who saw them took some photo graphs by luck.

Thx

Intem

ALL of these things supposedly happened and all that came out of it is a book?????

Seems to me with that much activity there should be hundreds of pictures and some videos.

I have a family of bigfoots, a few half human creatures, and an underground ufo base on my property. Please buy my book.

P.S. I'm sorry but I have no photos to prove they are here....just take my word for it.

exactly! :D

Remember on Shreck when all of the fairytail people were living in his swamp area because they had no place to go? :tu:

kinda reminds me of that................

I'll still read it though

exactly! :D

Remember on Shreck when all of the fairytail people were living in his swamp area because they had no place to go? :tu:

kinda reminds me of that................

I'll still read it though

Before you automatically attempt to debunk these stpories, at least read the book. There actually is some photographic and measured EMF, IR, and additional info............not to mention the fact that numerous credible witnesses saw 6ft tall and 12 ft long giant wolf-like and hyena-like creatures that were impervious to bullets. There were also several instances of cattle being mutilated, with precise and time consuming surgical procedures performed within a distance of less than 100 yds from witnesses within a 20 minute time period. They also filmed an instance with survelliance cameras when something completely invisible somehow came up to one of the cameras and destroyed the camera and all attached wiring.

These are just a few of the things that happened. Now, the family and local neighbors were the main source of witnesses, but also keep in mind that almost every member of the NIDS team, made up of reputable scientists in many fields of study.....physics, biology, etc. as well as veterinarians who were not associated with NIDS reported at some, and often many, paranormal experiences.

Also, keep in mind that the family did not make any money off of this. In fact, they lost quite a bit of money due to lost, attacked, or mutilated Angus cattle, and sold the ranch at a price lower than its worth. They initially moved to the ranch to relax and get away from city life. It was their dream home and all of the sudden the move away after only a few short years shows how terrified they must have been. I don't blame them after having read the book. Sure, no one can explain why most of the activity stopped when the researchers came, but the author suggest that NIDS came in with heavy steps and that its possible that the entities realized they were there to investigate and tried to keep themselves secret. Of course, not all activity has stopped. If you do some research online, you'll see that there continue to be many paranormal occurances in the Uinta Basin, just maybe not centered on this ranch, or with the frequency that was experienced during that period of time.

I think onr of the most fascinating things about this book was the speculation that all of these things could have been interconnected.........Bigfoot type creatures, huge wolf and hyena type creatures that are not harmed by bullets and don't bleed, UFOs and globes of light, poltergeist activity in the house and around the ranch, cattle mutilations, and witnesses to dimensional portals opening with UFOs and creatures coming through. Even if only a small portion of the events actually took place exactly as described, then it it still an amazing story and set of events.

As I said before, its definitely worth a read.

Jester

• Like 2

Jester,

I'll still read it because that kind of thing intrest me. But, it just seems like a hugh jump!

wolf men, aliens, ufo's, poltergiest, cattle mutalations etc etc..... WOW :wacko:

where can I buy this book?

Alien Embryo! send me the book:):):):):):):):):):) im in beijing china and i cant buy it here.;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0 LOL

Alien Embryo! send me the book:):):):):):):):):):) im in beijing china and i cant buy it here.;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0 LOL

I just bought it off barnes and noble! hopefully i'll have it by monday... :D

It sounds like a frikkin paranormal theme park ride to me. How many myths can you fit in one place? And if there were investigators living there, will there be pictures in the book? Is there a site to download some videos?

I'm sticking with load of bunk on this one.

Some of the sightings that have been reported include UFO

sightings (by about half the locals have seen them), cattle mutilation,

bigfoot sightings, poltergeists, teleportation of unspecified objects

or beings, 'sea' serpents in a nearby lake, blurry stealth creatures

(like in the predator movies), a large hyena, glowing blue orbs (that

disintegrated three attacking dogs into a grey sludge), masonic symbols

carved in unreachable places, and of course - skinwalkers. This

list is only partial.

It sounds to me like SUCH a phenomenal amount of anomolies occur in this one place that it would be impossible for all of it to be real. I mean come on does this place simultaneously exist here and in the twilight zone? I understand a belief in all of these things, but all of them in the same place and within the last 15 years? Plus that thing about melting the dogs into grey sludge? I mean what is that?