Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Werewolf like creature in Illinois

b88

I dont believe in UFO'S, big-foot,etc, and I know half of this stuff on this web-site is fake, but im not gonna debate that right now. I just want to know what you think of this story.

So I was talking to one of my really good friends today, and we just some how end up talking about weird stuff we've seen in our life. He brings up the story of how one of our friend's, and her friends had a scary encounter. They were walking through a neighborhood at night, and just ended up at a park outside of a Forest Preserve, which is a very big forest. So they're walking twoards the park when they see a what they thought was a tall person on top of the swing set. So they stop and are woundering who would be standing on a swingset at 10pm at night alone. So they get closer, and the creature turns around. Looking at them was a harry creature with bright orange eyes, standing straight at around 8 feet tall. It looked at them for about 5 seconds, then it jumped straight down without making a sound, sprinting away with no sound. They got scared and ran back to their car and went home. As soon as one of them got home she was sitting in her house when banging started on her house, she the called up one of her friends (supposing it was him) telling him to stop, he told her it really wasn't him. He said he was home and the same thing was happening with him. They never saw the creature again. There has been a few more sightings by people who say they'll wake up early in the morning around 6am, and will see the creature watching them when they're outside. Everyone who describes it, describes it as a "Werewolf" type creature.

So here's my story. Me and a couple of my friends went to the same forest preserve at night to a different area with pic-nic benches, just to hang out and have a couple of beer's. We've heard about the story a couple times, but thought they were just pullin our chain. But we were there for like about an hour, and we finish our beer's, and decide to leave. Well my friend went to go take a p*** near the edge of the woods, and we said we'll wait for him. So he finishes up, walks back to us and were just walking back to my car in normal conversation, and he's not talking. And we just ask him, why are so quiet? He just told us to hurry up and move fast to the car. I said "whats goin on?" So we get to our car and he seems to be fine, and all is forgotton. I've seen him every day since then and everything is normal. The other day were sitting in steak'n'shake eating, and I bring up the park, and told him we should all go do that again. And then he flat out told me. He told me when he was doin his business on the edge of the woods, he saw two glowing orange eyes looking at him from about 20 ft away getting closer. He didnt see the creature, due to the fact it was almost pitch black, but he saw the eyes getting closer, and he got scared. He told me he didnt tell us that night, because he didnt want to scare us, and he though to we wouldnt believe him. Now i can't get this off my mind and im just wondering if anyone has seen a similar type creature. The sightings took place in Naperville/Bolingbrook Illinois.

Edited by b88
  • Like 2

This belongs in the crypto forum.

Go back there again, and take a cam with you. All we can do right now is to speculate, so better get some material.

He told me he didnt tell us that night, because he didnt want to scare us, and he though to we wouldnt believe him.

he wouldn't tell his buddies there might be a ferocious monster nearby? I'm glad this guy isn't my friend... :unsure:

• Like 1

Notice how these stories are always second- or third-hand? You never hear it from the person who actually made the sighting.

I think your friends were pulling your leg and either trying to start a new urban legend or passing on an old one.

:hmm:

I say go back with a camera (I would add a gun to that but you live in communist Illinois). It should be safe because apparently werewolves don't frickin' eat people anymore. Hippie werewolves is what we have now. Next thing you know they'll be shopping at Whole Foods for human supplements and whatnot.

• Like 1

OP, don't post the same story in different forums--you'll get modslapped for that. Pick a forum and if you need it moved, then pm a moderator. :tu:

I would definitely go back with digital cameras and video cameras.

You never know, he might be photogenic?

• 5 years later...

I have. But now that i know that there is this in naperville the city i live on. If i ever see that 1st thing im doin is say " give me the bite!"

I live in the Rockford area and there is a state park not far from me where I have seen similar things. I was camping with my family a few years ago and I saw a canine figure walk across the road, it hadn't seen me, but I stepped on a stick and it looked at me with piercing yellow/orange eyes and stood up on its back legs at about 6 ft. tall.