Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Dead' woman shocks family

silentlucidity

'Dead' woman shocks family

A Brazilian woman shocked her family by turning up alive and well a week after her own funeral.

Relatives of 18-year-old Maria Fabiana Franco thought she was a ghost and wouldn't let her in the house.

Miss Franco, from Vitoria, had been missing for two weeks when her sister wrongly identified the body of a young woman as being her.

Adriana Lacerda, the sister, said: "The dead woman was identical to my sister. They even had the same scar on the same eyebrow!"

The body was buried in the family grave and the family were still mourning a week later when Miss Franco turned up.

A police spokesperson told Terra Noticias Populares: "The family was so happy but really scared at the same time.

"They didn't let her in until we arrived, they thought they were seeing a ghost."

Miss Franco told police she had run away with her boyfriend but had to return home after he was arrested.

Link

:blink:

Edited by silentlucidity

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• coldethyl

• _Nyx_

• Lady Warrior Ravynwynn

• Withoutnight

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: That's funny! What a comdey of errors! The girl and the whole family could not identify her and mistook somebody else's body to be that of their girl's. Man, that's DUMB! It might have beeen quite a sight when the girl returned home, she might have scared the living daylights out of their family :lol: Edited by Bone_Collector

Guess it is hard to understand identifying the wrong body unless it actually happened to someone we know. What a shock. Am glad it was a happy ending for that family.

Whoa.

That is really quite wrong.

Funny, but wrong.

So what are they going to do about the unknown body in the family grave? :o:no::o

Good point. I wonder if they get to keep it?

Good point. I wonder if they get to keep it?

Only you would come up with this question!

That's what I like about you.

You SOOO funny! :D

Only you would come up with this question!

Well I mean they paid for the grave and funeral and everything. I think it's only fair.

Aww...you don't know what fun is... :lol:

:blink: Well heck, I'll try anything once! :lol:

Relatives of 18-year-old Maria Fabiana Franco thought she was a ghost and wouldn't let her in the house.

:lol:

That is some story lol - They saw the body how can they get it wrong!! weird!

I don't know, but people sure do make alot of mistakes these days.

It is so annoying! I have to deal with alot of medical professionals, and I just can't believe the mistakes!