Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Doctors to try zero-gravity surgery

UM-Bot

surgeon.jpg
A team of French doctors will operate on a man under near-weightless conditions on Wednesday – a world first and what they hope will be a step toward performing surgery in space. Whizzing above southwest France aboard a specially modified Airbus, strapped-down surgeons will attempt to remove a fatty tumor from the forearm of a volunteer in a three-hour operation.

The Airbus A300 Zero-G, based in Bordeaux, is designed to perform roller coaster-like maneuvers that simulate weightlessness.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: Live Science

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UM-Bot

• conspiracysrus

• :PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:

• RollingThunder06

If this is not crazy, I don't know what crazy is! It's a good thing it's only a fatty tumor on an arm and not open heart surgery! Imagine the blood flying all over the place! :wacko:

Isn't it weird that these doctors have access to the training of astronauts and yet the country does not space travel? Maybe these doctors are hoping to hitch a ride.

The problems of long term stays in zero gravity are becoming well known. So why are the fine folks at NASA and the ESA not working on a space ship design that SPINS for artificial gravity? Instead research seems to be in forcing the human body to live in zero gravity, which causes it to break down , even after a short time.

I know it is difficult. But why send people to MARS if when they get there they are to weak to do anything? Illogical.

-prepares patient for heart transplant-

Doctor: "Ok, The patient is ready for the transplant. Nurse, the new heart please."

Nurse: "Uh...sir, I don't know where it is."

Doctor: "Excuse me? You don't know where it is? You had it when we came in here!"

Nurse: "Yes, I know sir but it's not here anymore."

Doctor: "Well it's not like it can just float away...."

-the new heart floats infront of the doctors face....-

Doctor: "..."

just some humor for you folks