Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

China tests nuclear fusion reactor

UM-Bot

news icon rChinese scientists made their first successful test of a thermonuclear fusion reactor on Thursday, raising the energy-hungry country's profile in the new but uncertain technology that promises clean power, state media reported.

Thermonuclear fusion seeks to generate power by joining nuclei of atoms together, releasing energy that can be tapped without producing greenhouse gases but creating a small amount of nuclear waste.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: Reuters

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aztec Warrior

• GreyWeather

• mouse888

• Bella-Angelique

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, but does it work? I also find it a little difficult to believe that the Chinese have leap frogged over the EU, Russia and US.

Oh, I forgot. Their spies stole the technology.

Yeah, but does it work? I also find it a little difficult to believe that the Chinese have leap frogged over the EU, Russia and US.

Oh, I forgot. Their spies stole the technology.

Xinhua cited the scientists as saying that deuterium and tritium atoms had been fused together at a temperature of 100 million degrees Celsius for nearly three seconds.

so yes, it did work. Though only for three seconds.

Also, the Chinese and deffinetly the Japanese are great engineer's. They havent leap-frogged over any other country, this fusion reacter is experimental. Though I wonder if they'd share the schematics to the other countries :hmm:

Anyway, I hope they can perfect the fusion reacter with promising results. :tu:

FYI: Fusion research in the United States began in 1951, when the Atomic Energy Commission established a secret program called Project Sherwood to investigate the feasibility of using a controlled fusion reaction to generate power.

By contrast, China exploded an atomic bomb at 15:00 hours on October 16, 1964, thereby successfully carrying out its first nuclear test.

FYI: Fusion research in the United States began in 1951, when the Atomic Energy Commission established a secret program called Project Sherwood to investigate the feasibility of using a controlled fusion reaction to generate power.

By contrast, China exploded an atomic bomb at 15:00 hours on October 16, 1964, thereby successfully carrying out its first nuclear test.

uh.... yeah that's great... :unsure2: I suppose.

Although it has nothing to do with what I was saying :hmm:

Also, just because the USofA made theories doesn't mean they had the cabability to actually put it in motion (being 1951). We may have now, infact we do have as the Chinese have made obvious, although it is still in its third stage. (first being the theory, second being the casing to house the fusion reactions).

The more any nation does to elminate the hold over people that oil has, the better the whole planet will be.

Most of us can barely wait for the day we can all say we don't need oil anymore.

Muwahahaha! :ph34r:

Edited by Bella-Angelique

it be great if china produce it , the rest of the world would probably try to steal it like in the past