Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Moving beyond String Theory

UM-Bot

Image credit: NASA/ESA/ESO
Image credit: NASA/ESA/ESO
Ask any credentialed nerd what the ultimate theory of physics is, and chances are they'll reply, "string theory." In string theory -- an idea that's been around since the late 1970s -- the universe is a 10-dimensional place, with six of those dimensions curled up inside themselves like a cat in front of a fireplace.

All particles and forces are different resonances and vibrations of these 10-dimensional strings.Strings are far from the only game in town.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: Wired

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SoldDeadSeems

• UM-Bot

• __Kratos__

• Bella-Angelique

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Good stuff. I like Non-Commutative Geometry. I am guessing that all of the spheres in space might be formed around tretrahedra energy patterns and that pattern is a good one to go with to figure out a lot of things.

source This guy Winter has a god complex which causes false judgement, but the diagrams are great for tetrahedra.

source This diagram is good for showing how tetrahydra can pack.

Edited by Bella-Angelique

I've been been trying to get more into some of these scientific concepts , string theory , physics and what not. I need to buy some of books this article mentions.

I've been been trying to get more into some of these scientific concepts , string theory , physics and what not. I need to buy some of books this article mentions.

NOVA: Watch The Elegant Universe (3 hours)

That's free video on the net that you can watch. It's broken up in segments so you don't need to watch all 3 hours at once. It's really good and it puts it in words you can actually understand rather then some gibberish. :P

Boo! String Theory is bogus in my book... yea just keep adding dimensions until your math works out, that MUST make it true. Yea... and the problem that string theory can't exactly be tested at all, pretty convenient. Also notice "early 70's" was when it was invented... just about the same time that drug use became common. Pure coincidence... I think not.

Also notice "early 70's" was when it was invented... just about the same time that drug use became common. Pure coincidence... I think not.

lmao :D that just might be Teh True.

Also, good stuff those videos Kratos mentioned above...

NOVA: Watch The Elegant Universe (3 hours)

That's free video on the net that you can watch. It's broken up in segments so you don't need to watch all 3 hours at once. It's really good and it puts it in words you can actually understand rather then some gibberish. :P

Amazing link dude thanks :D

The simplicity of the sphere, ironic that it answers sp many questions, its almost like its a blueprint or something.