Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"GOD" is invented or discovered?

=Jak=

Holy Cow that was good Zandor.....good job. :tu:

I like your reasoning......Kingfish. I have been married 41 years, bought a house, been drunk (once was a enough) had a wake that lasted for a whole year, pay my taxes, have two grown sons, almost died 6 times for SLE Lupus (miracles), was in a bad motorcycle accident along with my brother walked out alive with a broken back(miracle), been in a car and horse accident, never been to war (have a great deal of respect for military men...your rears are really on the line) :D

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• =Jak=

• zandore

• boemba

• the Shadamaun

man was doing well before "the bible".

And didn't get better after "the bible"? By "the bible" i even mean the stories before our current bible (Some say that the bible as we know was just a copy of an older bible). Never the less by bible i mean the moral points like for example the ten comandments. Didn't we kind of based our justice on it?

Edited by boemba

I have a skeptical understanding to this day that "God" is in between invention and discovery. That one can discover a way to be inventive, and invent a way to discover. But, out of anything considering evidence of "God" or "a God" in discovery, nothing has been invented. No evidence, no discovery, no invention. Call me skeptical. I am still waiting for evidence, and choose not to see it as a higher power to empower myself. Whether in lows or highs, I run straight into a brick wall with the issue. I have always had trouble with it.

I hate having no choice in the matter of openness to the issue, even though no one has stopped me from the "discovery", but my position stands that no human being can show me what, who, where, how or if "God" is. As long as I have choice and run into the brick wall by my own doing, I am a skeptic. I will bear through every Christmas, and Easter, Passover, Wake, Funeral, Wedding, ect, with "God" on close family members and friends minds. Just, not with me. I bear that because I'm a nice guy, and I tolerate alot.

Don't get me wrong, I believe in alot of paranormal things, phenominons, ect. I have a very small glimpse of hope inside of me in a subconcious way that "God" exists but not in a religious way. In conclusion of my statements ( unless there is a response to it ), I stand in between, to answer the question.

Edited by PFlack

And didn't get better after "the bible"? By "the bible" i even mean the stories before our current bible (Some say that the bible as we know was just a copy of an older bible). Never the less by bible i mean the moral points like for example the ten comandments. Didn't we kind of based our justice on it?

our justice system is built on our genetics. Don't believe me? Look at the research on chimpanzee justice and see how it mirrors our own. Our justice system's roots began long, long, long before "bibles".

No where intrested to know how the religious book explain about the god.. i strongly beleive god existed long before than any religious book.. how god have come to picture long before these book is fully for debate... no one can judge.. but so many thing which we invented or discovered shown progress... but why human not able to progress in divine? Is there any root farmala is missing or misguided?

The "evolution" of the computer has taken some of the best minds on our planet to generate. Isn't this indication that great intelligence must have gone into designing those hands? There is no way that even over millions of years that bulky room sized computer could have slowly "evolved" into the sleek, palm sized computers we have today, and the human body is significantly more complex than the most complex computer.

computer is created bulky everyone thought it is complex at first... but now even child used to play with it.. no one is intrested to know how it got created... everyone is good with application.. so everyone can handle that with their best knowledge..

just like that let be a creator or inventor be ONE... what we want to know is how good we handle our complex.. but still we are far behind to explain this user guide with various religious book.. no one like to do proper handling.. creating virus to life..

Holy Cow that was good Zandor.....good job. :tu:

:D

Never the less by bible i mean the moral points like for example the ten comandments. Didn't we kind of based our justice on it?

:no:

The 10 commandments are everything the United States are not!

There are many different battles across the United States of America concerning the posting of the 10 Commandments in public buildings/grounds. The posting is illegal as it violates the First Amendment's establishment of religion clause. This does not deter those seeking to have it posted on any available surface. To sneak around the First Amendment many have adopted the tactic of calling it an "historical document" and "the basis for our system of law", often trying to post it as part of a larger display with historical documents. To me, this is like trying to make a marijuana plant legally acceptable by planting daisies and gardenias around it and calling it a botanical display.

But does their main argument hold any water? Is American law based upon the 10 Commandments? Let us examine them.

1. You shall have no other gods before me

This runs directly counter to the first amendment. This commandment demands obedience to a single, specific god. The first amendment gives the right for worshiping any or none.

2. You shall not make yourself a graven image, nor any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

Once again, this runs directly against the freedom of religion in the First Amendment. There is also some dispute as to what counts as a graven image. The catholic church has statues and stained glass windows, while other christian denominations consider these iconography, and therefore in violation of this commandment. Some religious orders even go so far as to be against non-religious images and photographs. If the law prohibited non-religious images that would then be a violation of freedom of speech/expression.

3. You shall not take the name of Jehovah your God in vain

Now this commandment is directly counter to the freedom of speech. For being the 'basis for our laws' about one third of the commandments run directly counter to constitutional rights.

4. Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the Lord your God.

While there is a tradition of seven day week, there is no law mandating that anyone keep the sabbath. People are free to work on any day they wish. Also the tradition here is for a 5 day work week, with two days off on the weekend. Does that mean we are in violation of the commandment? Should we now give up our Saturdays and report to work?

5. Honor your father and your mother

Frankly, some parents might not be all that worthy of honor. There is no law requiring a person to honor their parents. In fact there are laws to protect children from abusive parents, and children can be taken away from unfit parents.

6. You shall not kill

A good commandment, but hardly original. Laws against murder existed in pretty much all cultures long before hearing about the 10 commandments. Therefore claiming such laws are based on the 10 commandments are unfounded.

7. You shall not commit adultery

A very good suggestion, if you define adultery as between a married person and someone who is not their spouse. However, there is no federal law against it. State laws will vary on the subject. If you define adultery as between any couple not married to one another, even if they are both single, then there are even fewer laws against it, and the state laws can probably be challenged. There was not too long ago a case in California: A man and a woman were brought up on charges for living together. The charges were brought up by his ex-girlfriend who found religion, ignoring that they lived together for a while. The district attorney went to the court to have the law stricken from the books.

8. You shall not steal

Like #6, good but hardly original.

9. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor

like #6 and #8 good but not original.

10. You shall not covet your neighbor's house. You shall not covet your neighbor's wife, or his male slave, or his female slave, or his ox, or his ass, or anything that is your neighbor's

Isn't that what capitalism is all about? There are no laws against thoughts or desires. Any such law would run counter to civil liberties.

Postlude

Out of the 10 commandments, 4 (1, 2, 3, 10) are counter to American laws. 3 (6, 8, 9) are part of our legal system, but are part of just about every legal system in history. 2 (4, 5) are not a part of our laws. And 1 (7) may or may not be a part of state or local laws. Even in a state that has laws concerning #7, that still means less than half of the 10 commandments carry any legal weight, and an equal number are illegal to enforce.

Those that claim the 10 commandments are our basis for law apparently do not know the law very well. The only thing funnier is those that want it posted illegally in schools "to teach children respect for the law".

by Marc Berard

Now THAT was a good post, Zandore.

If people want to try to stick the 10 commandments under any available nose, at least give the real reason why: you want people to believe in your religion. Law, patriotism, constitution; none of these things has anything to do with the 10 commandments.

I think the ten commandments should be posted, but in the original Hebrew.

Ok Now this is really neither here nor there, but I been alive 34 years (not a long time) I have 4 children, 2 x wifes, paid my taxes, bought some land , house, car, got drunk, got in fights, been shot at, blown up (IRaq) been stabbed and faced death a total of 4 times (face to face- hell get me in th eend but right now im 4-0. lol) Im just trying to say i have had a full life and out of everything i have been through and everthing i have seen i have come to the conclusion there are 4 truths in this world and the first two are these. 1. There is a God. 2. I'm not him. lol So thats what i think. Enjoy

I really feel for you,something saved you, my heart goes out. Some of us are just here for more of a reason than others! No matter how weird our lives appear to others or ourselves..

Im just trying to say i have had a full life and out of everything i have been through and everthing i have seen i have come to the conclusion there are 4 truths in this world and the first two are these. 1. There is a God. 2. I'm not him. lol So thats what i think. Enjoy

What is third and fourth truth?

3) But he is very near to me. 4) And he is part of me.

The four states of mind.

We are in the beta state for most of our waking hours. Our brain radiates these waves (13 cycles per second, often greatly higher) when we are thinking, reasoning or engaging in problem solving.

As our brain waves slow to between 8 and 13 cycles per second, we enter the alpha state of mind. The door between our conscious and subconscious mind is opened, and it becomes easier to access the memories and storage of new information. This is also often referred as the meditative state, in which the mind and body become so relaxed. We are also more suggestible in this state.

Below the two conscious states are theta (between 4 to 8 cycles per second), the dream state.

Delta (below four cycles per second), which is deep sleep or total unconsciousness.

We are actually familiar with these states since we must pass through theta on the way to and from delta. Likewise, we must pass through alpha on the way to and from sleep. When we are just going to sleep but not quite there yet, or just awakening but not yet awake, we are either in Alpha or theta.

j4jak? ^

SUPER ?????

conciousness???? On the Delta?

Not totally completely asleep....

completely invented by man, for man :) Our advances came just like evolution of everything else.. we needed it so we invented it. I do believe in good/bad, positive negative, good and evil as I think we need this for balance. I dont think everything could ever be "all good" or "all evil", it would be too far from balanced and the world would quickly fail. do unto others .....

completely invented by man, for man :) Our advances came just like evolution of everything else.. we needed it so we invented it. I do believe in good/bad, positive negative, good and evil as I think we need this for balance. I dont think everything could ever be "all good" or "all evil", it would be too far from balanced and the world would quickly fail. do unto others .....

I'd like to ad that, I've led a good life thus far. I treat people fairly, even more than fair many times. I am polite, respectful and courteous to others. I give to charities when I can, I employ up to 5 people, I feed hungry people when I have the chance etc.. by all outward appearances I look like a good christian person. Yet.. the christian person says I have not accepted jesus christ so I will burn in hell because I dont hold the same beliefs. This thinking is right out of the middle ages, I cant put it any simpler. This thinking is based on books written over 2,000 years ago. While I do recognize the stories are nice (yes, I have read the bible more than once) and the morals and belief systems are ok for some, its not for me and I for one refuse to burn in hell. :no: thanks for taking the time to read

j4jak? ^

SUPER ?????

conciousness???? On the Delta?

Not totally completely asleep....

Still four cycle is there in delta... something is running...

god is created by man ...

look at the sun ... it follows you when u walk, it gives you life, it gives you heat ... so people worshiped it ...

then they left when they felt that it is not god because it doesnt exist in the night ...

god has been evolved from being a natural phenomena, to a supreme being ...

Absolute perfection cannot exist ... it is self contradictory .... so god is impossible to exist ...