Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
thedemonof69

Playing Cards

thedemonof69

Ok, so this is an article I wrote for the school paper in my senior year at BHS. I am posting this 'cause I was wondering if anyone else noticed these things or knew what they meant ie:why are some of them being killed, why are some commiting sucide, what is it supposed to mean? I did no reasearch for this article at all, I just sat down with a deck of cards and made it all up as I went along....Anyway here goes....

The Face Cards © 2003

While having myself a merry little Christmas and playing Sequence with my cousin I made a most interesting discovery. It became apparent to me that the cards we were using held within them the tale of four kingdoms: the land where riches abound, the realm of chance and windfall, the empire of romantic affairs and vitality, and the nation of war. The following is my interpretation of their respective accounts.

Above the opulent land of the Diamonds there hovers an ominous cloud of despondency. All grieve the death of the King of Diamonds, who has been assassinated while praying for his son’s salvation. The Jack of Diamonds, for several weeks now, has been inclined to believe that he is a paladin of some up and coming false religion of the world. His self-proclaimed keeper, the royal jester, has persuaded him to rebel against his house and his people. Just hours before his father’s soul was prematurely liberated from its corporeal bindings he left to find and conquer the lands of the West. The Queen of Diamonds was left only with a wilted flower and more power than she could ever brandish sagaciously.

Turbulence and anxiety is splayed all over the realm of the Clubs. Superstition has conducted the will of the King of Clubs for many years. Fate now summons him to let his only begotten decide whether or not they will go to war with the people of the Diamonds of the East. But the Jack of Clubs sees that such a campaign would be foolish and only of interest to the wealthy, not unlike the civil confrontation that would take place several centuries later. He therefore opted to give his katana to another. If such a war took place he would rather have his hands cleansed of it. His father refused the blade of conflict, and so it came to pass that a royal jester took the sword and guided his countrymen to their destruction. The Queen of Clubs knew exactly how to deal with everything that was occurring, but to do this she had to defy the King and such an act of treason would cost her her life. So she sat back with lifeless flower in hand and watched her kingdom fall.

Hatred and disgust taint the air of the domain of the Hearts. Some weeks ago the Jack of Hearts was strolling through the field and thinking about his sweet maiden. Alas his love for her would make him blue and blind, for in an instance of romantic thought his life was taken by some dishonorable assailant who struck him down from behind. He, like the King of Diamonds shifted into a higher plain before he should have. The horrid thought of burying his only son sent the King of Hearts into a feral rage that ultimately forced him to surrender his life. The Queen of Hearts lost everything she held dear and yet her flower stands tall as if it had retrieved the vitality her son and husband forfeited; a look of arrogance graced her profile.

The plains of hostility of the north lament the death of the southern King of Hearts. The Jack of Spades loved his uncle very much, he (the King of Hearts) was the only person who understood and accepted him. When he heard of his death he decided he would join him in eternity. The King of Spades turned to the royal jester for help in this difficult time. But the jester’s counsel catapulted him into a stratum of insanity not yet known by man. His lunacy subjugated him and left him unfit to rule. This left the Queen of Spades in control, but unlike the other queens she is proficient and guile so with a flaccid flower in one hand and a scepter in the other she ruled her nation without second thought.

Twelve cards told me a story, two cards taught me a lesson, and four cards fortified my faith. Jokers and Best Bowers are wild because their madness spreads like a pestilential plague to all that would hearken unto them. In the end the queen will always suffer, the presence and resolve of the jacks is about as fickle as Ms. Dickinson’s critically acclaimed dish: fame, and kings are under too much pressure to make sound verdicts. After much consideration and investigation I have come to the conclusion that the Ace is a man of God, he is meek and humble but if you cross him he can have the wrath of God rain down upon you eleven fold. This story varies from deck to deck but if you have any questions or concerns bring me a deck of cards and I will cheerfully reverberate the tale of the face cards.

Byuu94

Thedemonof69, do you watch The Red Green Show? I noticed the saying beneath your avatar. They use it at the meetings of possum lodge.

thedemonof69

Yeah, I love that show...