Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Lifting people with 2 fingers

Zom

I did this in college awhile back with 4 people with a 200lb guy on a large wooden chair. If we didn't put our hands above each others' first, there was NO WAY we could lift him, because we tried it ourselves to see. We actually were all creeped out by that fact, because we attempted it several times, alternating placing our hands above his head and then not, and trying to lift him. We had no problem with the 4 of us lifting him up with one index finger EACH when we stacked our hands above his head,alternating them, and chanting, "light as a feather, stiff as a board". When we didn't, we couldn't get the chair to budge. Definitely something was going on, and we never could figure it out.

Yes the idea here is that consciousness can alter physical density. So making it 'light as a feather' does the job.

• 2 weeks later...

It could be possible that our ability to fly has simply been lost through the ages.

That would make us similar to flightless birds whose wings are no more than stubbles of a former time.

And perhaps just like ourselves, these birds might make sense of their past life during fantastical dreams of flying and floating, only to 'wake up' and rest assured they are in fact well grounded.

We did this when I was a teen. First we'd press down on the top of the person's head for a bit while they were sitting in chair. Then, with one person on each side of the chair, we'd slide two finger under the arm pits, I think, and left them up very easily. Don't know why this worked, but it always did. Don't know why we pressed on the top of the head either, but we did. It was a cool parlor trick. Sometimes they'd come up out of the chair so quickly & easily that everyone was startled.

We did this when I was a teen. First we'd press down on the top of the person's head for a bit while they were sitting in chair. Then, with one person on each side of the chair, we'd slide two finger under the arm pits, I think, and left them up very easily. Don't know why this worked, but it always did. Don't know why we pressed on the top of the head either, but we did. It was a cool parlor trick. Sometimes they'd come up out of the chair so quickly & easily that everyone was startled.

Hi,

For the more science minded, this site may be helpful.

https://www.quantumlevitation.com/

There is physics behind these things that we are starting to learn about.

John

• 3 weeks later...

I remember doing this lifting someone on a chair thing but we did it with just TWO PEOPLE either side and using 2 fingers each. I remember the person on the chair felt weightless. (I'd forgotten about this till I saw this thread).

I have another strange one like this which I myself thought up years ago (so you can credit me for this one when sharing it haha). I dont know why I knew it would work but I some how I just innerly knew it would (I get past life memories at times so maybe this knowledge came from a past life?).

Anyway.. this is the opposite.. making yourself abnormally heavy (there is no explainations for how this one works, I'd love to hear someone explain this one).

I was a volunteer for a training exercise with the fire fighting service and I was playing out the part of being an injured casuality. I decided to prank them when two of them had to pick me up. (Note.. the 2 were big burly firefighter guys in their prime and Im was a wee little thing weighing only about 62kg). I decided to try to make my body the weight of a boulder.. so I just thought "stone, stone, stone" and relaxed and let my body go loose and held onto the stone thought as if Im made of stone.

The fireman one each side of me went to pick me up but to their surprise, my body didnt budge.. they didnt even manage to get my butt off the ground. So they tried again, this time putting effort into it (first time I think they thought I'd be light).. the moment they went to pick me up.. I thought "stone" again (and held the thought in my mind of me being a boulder), to their shock.. once again my body didnt shift and they are then really heaving. They tried for longer that time.. looking more and more shocked while I was trying not to laugh. Then they gave up, they just couldnt move me at all.

Other of the firefighters at this point at noticed something was up..(I think they thought the guys must of been playing around and they offered to help them). So now there was 4 solid firemen.. trying to lift little me. (It was a long time ago now and I cant remember what I did to them at this point whether I did the heavy thing again to them or did the make myself light thing instead to them.. I think of done the Im light as a feather thing at this point and when they went to pick me up.. I went flying (and they almost all dropped me). haha.. I had a lot of fun that day and left the guys feeling so confused (I never told them what I did)

(edit.. I just remember there was one occassion I did try it with more 4 firefighters.. they could lift me but they really did struggle with 4 of them.. struggled to move me 1m.. so if one puts logic to this. in this case this would mean they struggled to lift only 17kg each).

Anyway.. try my be a boulder thing and then get people to attempt to pick you up (dont tell them what you are doing as it makes this far more fun.. the heaviness some how is created by the one being the border and not what the others believe. I feel for this to work for you that you have to BELIEVE you can do make yourself super heavy like being a rock. I believed I could do this and I believe that is what made it work. (I also did try to blank my mind out when I did this and only think of the rock. so maybe me being experienced in trance states helped but I doubt very much it was that. I believe others can do this too if you hold the right mindset or it).

Ive used this weird stuff thing on two occassions when guys have gone to rape me... he couldnt (I dont know how I did it as they were much bigger then me but neither was able to get my legs apart or close myself off or something.. Ive no idea how I did that! but I did ..guys couldnt get to my girly part with their part.. or maybe Im super strong in my lower half of body but that would be very hard to believe!). I really wonder how we can influence things and others with this kind of stuff.

Edited by sea-dove

I had tried doing the lifting with two fingers experiment when I was a teenager with a few of my friends, we didn't have six people to try this with, but anyway it worked. The phrase we chanted was "Light as a feather" it did work for us but to our childish minds we couldn't appreciate the profoundness of it. We had been studying optical illusions in science class so of course we thought our brains might be tricking us. A lot of fun though, I wonder if there is or was anything real about doing that.

• 2 years later...

Six students, including me, lifted our English intern with two (index and middle) fingers, spread out, from his desk which he had lay down on, the full lengths of our arms into the air, and I can attest that he was as light as a feather. We began by each in turn repeating, "He looks sick," "He is sick," He looks dead," and finally "He is dead," after which we lifted him into the air. When he got as high as the lengths of our arms, he later told us, he got scared, at which point he suddenly became heavy and fell immediately back to his desk. I have often wondered how this could happen, and have to date not read or heard any convincing explanation.

Edited by Lisa16

On 5/23/2016 at 3:18 AM, Lisa16 said:

Six students, including me, lifted our English intern with two (index and middle) fingers, spread out, from his desk which he had lay down on, the full lengths of our arms into the air, and I can attest that he was as light as a feather. We began by each in turn repeating, "He looks sick," "He is sick," He looks dead," and finally "He is dead," after which we lifted him into the air. When he got as high as the lengths of our arms, he later told us, he got scared, at which point he suddenly became heavy and fell immediately back to his desk. I have often wondered how this could happen, and have to date not read or heard any convincing explanation.

My understanding is that Tesler (spelling?) was able to get objects on his work bench to fly up and hit the ceiling of his lab. I am told that when we know how to use designer magnetics, we will be able to change the mass of an object. The interesting question is, how was that principal applied in this example you described.

John

Tried at a sleepover as a kid. It didn't work. We didn't see Bloody Mary, either. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

We did this at sleepovers when i was a kid too and it was easy... But i imagine a few girls could easily lift another we didnt weigh much...

Why the necroposting?

Anyway, this is mostly about simple timing - when you do it first, watch the way everyone is invited to try it - their is no attempt to coordinate the attempt.

The second go is carefully timed, and yes, in fact it is pretty easy for four folks to lift someone with just their two fingers each.  Two fingers are actually very strong (and you are usually told how to clasp your hands in such a way that your entire fist supports most of the lifting fingers.. plus you only have to lift a quarter of the weight...

Check the Youtube examples and the link below to see what I mean, you'll be able to clearly see the subtle (self-)deception..

http://www.abc.net.au/science/articles/2008/05/27/2257305.htm

No magic, no need for the chant - you just have to do it *properly* the first time...  But hey, it's still a cool trick..

Edited by ChrLzs
to correct bad grammar
  • Like 1

I've done this before. My little cousin was 10 at the time. I locked my thumb and index finger (in a circle) around his belt. Then tossed him in the pool. 

• 3 weeks later...

17 minutes ago, RockShan said:

My theory is this helps connect your chakras to the other persons for a temp time, then using two fingers and lift from the bottom of the chair.

And its my experience that this game is mostly used at stupid Management-Motivation-Seminars. And the only thing that is connected to "chakras" here is the move of money into the pockets of the seminar organiser.

(This has worked on a 400-500 pound person as well). Interesting isn't it?

500 pound persons? From what planet are you comming from? But anyway, 500 pounds divided by 4 is 125p per lifter and that weight to lift isnt a problem at all, at least not for me and I`m just a 150p guy.

Edited by toast
Bongo-Bongo!
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RockShan said:

... and I highly doubt you can lift 125 Pounds with two fingers.

If you cant, check yr "chakras".

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I did it years ago... it was amazing... I used that skill via imagining there were other people helping me when I had to lift and move heavy furniture.. believe it or not it worked !!! :)