Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

-Venus-

Mr Slayer

I'm just wondering, for being a planet so similar to Earth, Venus is rather different.

What are the causes for the creation of the dominant greenhouse effect on Venus?

If it is a natural occurence, why wasn't Earth created in similar fashion?

Thoughts?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bella-Angelique

• RollingThunder06

• Annointer

• oh_spun_1

I am not knowledgable about planets. They interest me and I am always excited when any new discoveries are made no matter what area it is in. Will tell you my opinion though.

The differences from sun maybe one factor, then the taking off of living animals consuming plants could have played a role also.

Venus is primarily composed of carbon dioxide (96%) and nitrogen (3%), with traces of other gases and little to no water vapor. Its atmosphere, composed of sulfuric acid which causes the planet to reflect 65% of the sunlight that reaches it, Venus would have a cold climate if it weren't for the high concentration of carbon dioxide in its atmosphere (96%), but carbon dioxide, a well known greenhouse gas, keeps the planet extremely warm with surface temps over 480 degrees C (900 degrees F). Water vapor (or lack of) would be my best guess as to why Venus never was able to develop a stable atmosphere capable of life as we know it.

Maybe someone got mad at Venus and fried the planet with a giant laser weapon.

Maybe someone got mad at Venus and fried the planet with a giant laser weapon.

user posted image

Venus also has very thick clouds, possibly blocking out most of the light to the surface.

Edited by frogfish

If I remember correctly Venus dose not have a Magnetic Sphere around it like the Earth has.

So the dreams of TERRA FORMING Venus just wont work.

Maybe Mercury will prove to be of some us to us.