Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Real-life Stargate

Aztec Warrior

John told us around the 1800s, three Indians were hunting and upon returning to their village, discovered a stone archway. Being in a jubilant mood, they began chasing one another through the opening in a playful manner.

Moments later, one jumped through but never emerged from the opposite side. Fearing they had entered some sacred ground of the gods, the remaining two fled the scene. Arriving at the village, they told the medicine man how their friend had vanished before their eyes.

As the story spread, others journeyed to the high plateau to gaze upon the stone structure. Rocks and other items were tossed through, but nothing occurred--until an elderly woman approached. Tossing in a live rabbit, it suddenly vanished. The Indians backed off in fear and spread the story of this "Doorway to the Gods," as it came to be known.

John himself has been to the site on many occasions. The only time he witnessed anything strange was around 1948. A big storm had blown in, and the sky was filled with dark clouds in all directions. As he rode past the archway, he noticed the sky through its opening was blue--no clouds were visible. Dismounting, he walked cautiously toward the formation and peered through. The mountains on the other side hadn't changed, but the sky was clear. Looking around the corner of the structure, the sky was once again covered with dark clouds. Fear gripped him and he rode off.

Some believe John was looking into another time period through the portal. We asked John: If the story was indeed true, why hadn't it been investigated? He replied that only his people knew of the story, as it had never been mentioned outside the tribe. The only reason he told us was because we had shown him kindness while stranded beside the highway. :o

http://www.tucsonweekly.com/gbase/currents/Content?oid=47018

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aztec Warrior

• Bella-Angelique

• ohio tsunami

• The___Piper

Do you know what area this was located in?

It is a great story and I would love to learn more about it.

I googled stone arch and Mexico but did not come up with much.

Edited by Bella-Angelique

It seems to be south of Tucson, in Arivaca, Ariz. I believe it borders Nogales, but the site description is vague.

user posted image

Perhaps this might be it.

Known as "Nonnezoshi" (which means "rainbow turned to stone") to the Navajo people who dwell in that region, the tribe members have been aware of the Bridge for many years, but it only became well-known after 1909, when local guides led a group of white explorers to the area. Rainbow Bridge is considered by the Indians to be a sacred place and special prayers are offered before passing beneath the monument. Failure to do so is believed to bring misfortune. Tourists may hike to the Bridge only with the permission of the Navajo Nation, which owns the surrounding land. In deference to the tribal elders, it is requested that all visitors refrain from walking upon the hallowed ground under Rainbow Bridge.

The story of this joyful place, where all animals are transported after their time on earth is done, has been recounted for a long time. It is not exactly known who first spun the tale and there are several variations...some of them available in print. source

wow this is freaky, i wonder if the people who go in it ever come back?

i don't know if anyone has heard the story about people disappearing right in front of them and they come back many years later and don't remember a thing.

also does anyone know the story about this big ship that was transported to another dimension with the crew still on it and when the ship came back the people were infused inside the ships walls, and the government tried to cover it up too.

Edited by HUYI

cute campfire story

Moments later, one jumped through but never emerged from the opposite side. Fearing they had entered some sacred ground of the gods, the remaining two fled the scene. Arriving at the village, they told the medicine man how their friend had vanished before their eyes.

nothing occurred--until an elderly woman approached. Tossing in a live rabbit, it suddenly vanished. The Indians backed off in fear and spread the story of this "Doorway to the Gods," as it came to be known.

Would be pretty funny is they find a cavern nearby with the remains of an Indian and a rabbit that couldn't climb the steep walls. :w00t:

wow this is freaky, i wonder if the people who go in it ever come back?

i don't know if anyone has heard the story about people disappearing right in front of them and they come back many years later and don't remember a thing.

also does anyone know the story about this big ship that was transported to another dimension with the crew still on it and when the ship came back the people were infused inside the ships walls, and the government tried to cover it up too.

That would be the USS Eldridge. Some books and at least one movie was made under the heading "The Philadelphia Experiment." The vessel actually existed and was involved in radar experiments, but I believe the rest of the story is mostly a hoax.

user posted image

Perhaps this might be it.

Known as "Nonnezoshi" (which means "rainbow turned to stone") to the Navajo people who dwell in that region, the tribe members have been aware of the Bridge for many years, but it only became well-known after 1909, when local guides led a group of white explorers to the area. Rainbow Bridge is considered by the Indians to be a sacred place and special prayers are offered before passing beneath the monument. Failure to do so is believed to bring misfortune. Tourists may hike to the Bridge only with the permission of the Navajo Nation, which owns the surrounding land. In deference to the tribal elders, it is requested that all visitors refrain from walking upon the hallowed ground under Rainbow Bridge.

The story of this joyful place, where all animals are transported after their time on earth is done, has been recounted for a long time. It is not exactly known who first spun the tale and there are several variations...some of them available in print. source

I've been there; it's located in Utah, by Lake Powell, a huge artificial lake. You can reach the bridge by boat. No permission of Natives needed...Totally swamped by tourists in unbecoming shorts & silly hats...Nothing mysterious going on whatsoever.

I also stumbled over a smaller one somewhere in the middle of nowhere in Arizona...I walked, or rather scrabled, through it, took some pictures; but, as is obvious, I'm still in this dimension, where I have to pay taxes, exorbitant bus-fares & get to buy chottage cheese that has gone off from the corner shop.

Or maybe I've lived in a parallel universe ever since, where I also have to pay taxes, exorbitant bus-fares & get to buy chottage cheese that has gone off from the corner shop...Darn!

Maybe the one that started the story was not in the Southwest at all, but over time the location changed in telling the story.

If I had to pick a spooky natural bridge in the USA, I would pick this one. It has the "look".

user posted image

Maybe the one that started the story was not in the Southwest at all, but over time the location changed in telling the story.

If I had to pick a spooky natural bridge in the USA, I would pick this one. It has the "look".

user posted image

That looks cool. Do you have a location of where this is at?

Edited by ohio tsunami

I thought it to be smaller than those.

it's in Virginia. the neat thing is that it really functions as a bridge, a local highway runs right on top. they bill it as one of the "7 natural wonders of the world" or something like that.

LOL ive been there. Its pretty neat. Nothing strange about it though