Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Scientists to create human-rabbit embryos

UM-Bot

I know it's for stem cell research, but they don't need hybrids for that, unless they think some part of rabbit DNA might provide something useful. And that would be far fetched.

It's for publicity, trust me.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• frogfish

• SilverCougar

• QueenOftheCramped

• ShaunZero

I know it's for stem cell research, but they don't need hybrids for that, unless they think some part of rabbit DNA might provide something useful. And that would be far fetched.

It's for publicity, trust me.

Actually, they do. Simply because people get all upset when the idea of useing human embryos as "stem cell fodder" instead of letting them grow into adults.

This way, they avoid the ethics battle if they make something that hasn't a *CHANCE* of growing into a being, and still get the stem cells needed for those pesky things like.. saving lives and research on how to make a para/quadrapalegic walk...

:no:

It sounds like they want to create a beast.

That type of experiement should not be allowed.

I feel it's a disgrace to mankind.

Sweet Girl

Eventually people will learn to understand that this type of research may be our key to suvival on otherworlds or even ours in the future.

Maybe they were inspired by the Wallace and Gromit film...?

Eventually people will learn to understand that this type of research may be our key to suvival on otherworlds or even ours in the future

:yes: What a better place this would be if people did a little research...

A fifteen year old fiddling around with our DNA??? Please tell me that's not true, frogfish!!! :o

A lot of fiteen year old boys fiddle around with DNA. Usually when looking at their father's copy of Playboy. Of course, most wash their hands afterward. :D

Actually, they do. Simply because people get all upset when the idea of useing human embryos as "stem cell fodder" instead of letting them grow into adults.

This way, they avoid the ethics battle if they make something that hasn't a *CHANCE* of growing into a being, and still get the stem cells needed for those pesky things like.. saving lives and research on how to make a para/quadrapalegic walk...

I admit to knowing precious little about the stem cell debate, but hasn't more progress been made with the stem cells taken from cordblood than the embryonic variety? Also, anyone can do all the stem cell research they want, the government just doesn't want to have to fund it. And why should they when the drug companies and health care industry makes multi-billion dollar profits each year? Take Care...

And why should they when the drug companies and health care industry makes multi-billion dollar profits each year

Because they can't cure everything.

but hasn't more progress been made with the stem cells taken from cordblood than the embryonic variety

Cord-blood stem cells are already differentiated. Embryonic stem cells are the ultimate.