Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Groom loses all memory of marriage

Althalus

AUSTIN, Texas (Reuters) - The bride wasn't left waiting at the altar -- she was left waiting at the airline terminal.

Honeymoon plans for a Texas couple came to an abrupt end when the groom suffered a case of amnesia, went missing and lost all memory of being married, police said on Wednesday.

Sean McNulty, 30, was found outside an abandoned hotel near Houston airport three days after he was to leave on a honeymoon to Italy, and five days after he tied the knot.

McNulty told police he could not remember his name or where he had been. And he had no idea of the woman he saw in a picture when Houston police showed him a photograph of his bride of less than a week, police said.

Doctors who treated the groom said he suffered from amnesia after receiving a bump to the head. They do not know how he received the injury, they said.

Police said McNulty went missing after he left his wife at the airport terminal.

"He returned to the airport parking lot after telling his wife he forgot his wallet, and then he went missing," a Houston police spokesman said.

McNulty was transferred to a hospital in the newlyweds' home of Austin on Tuesday, police said, where his new bride is trying to revive memories of his life and helping him to remember the names of his new in-laws, they said.

• 1 year later...

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Althalus

• FreyKade

• AncientLight

• LittleL

Why is it , that when people suffer amnesia, they forget only perosnal memories like spouses and friends and their own names but general life knowledge( cant find the word =P )remains with them ie. using a phone, driving, the alphabet..etc...???

This happens because these things are stored in different areas of the brain.

Saw something on Discovery the other day about a man who had suffered a certain injury, and could no longer identify an face unkown to him as a face, though he could recognize people he knew. In a way, that is the opposite case from typical amnesia.

• 4 weeks later...

me thinks he vanted to forget ze marriage, heheh. No really, that is pretty freakin' conveniant though. huh.gif

I wonder how many men actually wish this would happen to them?

original.gif

I agree with ((LittleL))

and lol to ((Druss))

(( ""Doctors who treated the groom said he suffered from amnesia after receiving a bump to the head.""

""He returned to the airport parking lot after telling his wife he forgot his wallet, and then he went missing,"" ))

Well ... maybe some one hit him on the head and stool the walet ... that is why he suffered from it ... wink.gif ... I am not really sure unsure.gif

He was allready a "Married Man" at that stage...If they were after his wallet they would need to hit his Wife on the head wink.giflaugh.gif

He was allready a "Married Man" at that stage...If they were after his wallet they would need to hit his Wife on the head wink.giflaugh.gif

Ouch Oracle that's low laugh.gif

laugh.gif Oracle,I gather your wife handles the money?If thats the case she has my respect already ;o) tongue.gif

laugh.gif SOmehow, I think that I would never forget about you emmy, and would never want to anyway. wub.gifwub.gif