Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Post your game results here

Saru

So did I, I don't know how I didn't see that pin on the rook... oh well. But yeah, I felt you were different fom usual, if you want we could always just say that was practice game and go again? I've played a guy at work a few games over the last few months at Asda, so I feel I've been keeping my hand it, but I also felt it was weird looking at a 2-d board again.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• Talon

• Paranoid Android

• Tiggs

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm happy to play again, even if you do want the other two to count... I could use the practise. I expect to come bottom of the finals, but whilst I'm playing well would be good lol

Edited by Subtemperate

• 4 weeks later...

bardude (white) Vs Talon (black) - Game drawn

talon (white) vs prabhas (black) - talon wins

talon (black) vs prabhas (white) - talon wins

I think by the looks of things so far Barman is going to win this tournament the way its currently going

I think by the looks of things so far Barman is going to win this tournament the way its currently going

:huh: That's a bit premature, I've got a total of one draw to my name compared to your 4 wins and one draw. It's a long way from over

Indeed - some of us are still playing the decider to get into the final ;)

That's a bit premature, I've got a total of one draw to my name compared to your 4 wins and one draw. It's a long way from over

Yeah, you're right, what was I think - I'm of course going to win :devil:

In honesty, I believed it would be the case because I was confident that one of my games against Paraniod would be a draw, thus putting you ahead. But Paraniod wants to fight on, so who knows how it will end yet.

In honesty, I believed it would be the case because I was confident that one of my games against Paraniod would be a draw, thus putting you ahead.

Well, you're assuming that I'm going to win all my other games which may not be the case, as the previous two tourneys have shown I'm the king of rushing a game and making a stupid mistake :yes:

I had also forgotten about Tiggs and Saruman. Saru is a strong player, but I don't think I've every played Tiggs, so I'm not sure who'll win that.

Course Paraniod may well have rejected a draw because he sees a way to win, and with thrash me and then carry on to win.

And Parb was a good player also, although he lost against me just, he may well beat everyone else and capitalise on my own loses and thus win.

Tense.

^I'm under no illusions, Talon. You're still a better player than me, though I've learnt a heap since starting to play chess. I'm due for a silly move somewhere down the track, I think. I don't think you offered a draw to me, I didn't see any chance to accept one, and I certainly can't see any sure way to win in the future.

Oh well, good luck :tu:

~ PA

Edited by Paranoid Android

Actually, I just noticed that you sent me the message through the RHP private message system. Sorry, missed it. Reply sent though :tu:

I had also forgotten about Tiggs and Saruman. Saru is a strong player, but I don't think I've every played Tiggs, so I'm not sure who'll win that.

*Grins*

We've had a couple of games. There was some mild slaughtering involved, as I recall...

Edited by Tiggs
Added hyperlink to jog Talon's memory...

ParanoidAndroid (Black) vs TalonS (white) - Draw. Good game. Those pawns were really annoying ;)

Paranoid Android (white) vs Subby (black) - Game Drawn...

...Im happy to get at least a point :P lol

Thanks for the game. You made some very good moves. Some not so good moves also, but I made one particularly not so good move that forced me to give up my advantage, and then hand it straight over to you. I'm probably lucky to get a draw after it. I even looked at that variation and originally tossed it out, but coming home after a long day at uni, my mind wasn't really on it. But credit where it's due :tu: Well done.

lol yeah I tend to play that way, I am capable of playing well, but have the concentration of a jack rabbit. Once I saw you make that mistake to give me the advantage, I made sure I was going to at least draw it...there was little I could do the get out of that check roundabout.... so I decided not to be greedy and try something where I'd muck up, and take the draw.

So in the deciding match:

Tiggs (White) vs SaRuMaN (Black) - Game drawn

Still no closer to deciding who gets that space in the final round. :lol:

Indeed.

*Shakes head*

An awesome game :yes: Nicely played, SaRu :)

We may be some time...

*Grins*

We've had a couple of games. There was some mild slaughtering involved, as I recall...

Ah, yes. Sorry, I have a memory like a sive.... or however its spelled...

Edited by Talon

ParanoidAndroid (Black) [Wins] vs Subby (White).

Thanks for the game :tu:

Talon (white) [wins] Vs thebarman (black)

Good game :tu:

Indeed very close Bardude

Talon (black) [wins] vs ParanoidAndroid (white)

A very close game there until the end Paranoid, it could have gone either way :D

^Heh, yeah. I ran out of ideas after you started to push that pawn down. I couldn't see how I could avoid you queening, and I started to maneuvre around to get stop it. It looks like I just weakened my own position though. OH well, a good game. Good luck :tu: