Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

General tournament discussion

Saru

.... well I can't now... neither of you challenged me during the night so ParaniodAndriod got there first and took my free space :P

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• Link of Hyrule

• Talon

• Subtemperate

Well the position's open again. At least we can all get punished together

You were doing pretty well actually until you're queen got trapped :yes: It was a fun game

You were doing pretty well actually until you're queen got trapped :yes: It was a fun game

Seriously, as soon as I lost that opening pawn (blame that on me thinking it was safe but if I took it leaving my queen open to a trade - I don't like offering queen-for-queen trades so early) you had the game won. I was on the run, and you were on the attack. There was no feasible way for me to come out the winner.

Well played in all respects :tu:

Next time you won't be so lucky :devil:

Edited by Paranoid Android

I have a simple question about the timebank for one day and timeout for seven, just exactly how do they work , im confused on that part and in the red ,??? why?

please dont laugh

Abecrombie

From the time your opponent makes his or her move, you have 24 hours to respond with your move. If you don't move within that time limit, time starts being taken from your 7-day "reserve". If those 7 days runs out, your opponent can claim victory for your taking too long to move.

Hope that helps, Abecrombie :tu:

If anybody wants to play a fun game, I'll be on for a while and I have 2 openings. :tu:

I saced a goat last night to jinx Talon this year. :P

I mentioned this to Rebirth but if you change the settings on the chess board it somewhat helps. It does for me at least. Though, I'm sure I'll still suck despite what the board looks like. :lol:

thanks kratos it helps a little but my problem lies more within the realm of not being able to visualize what is going on, like i said i'm better at "in person" chess

(the time between moves doesn't help either)

Well I have been practicing my Chess a lot lately. Playing both Correspondance and Blitz Chess. I will soon have some free spots at RHP and hopefully I can give Saruman a bit more of a challenge then last time.

Is there any kind of timescale or deadline for this tournement?

Also did gambit420 say to anyone he was going to be away?

I only ask as with only 10 posts in total in almost a year and one loss already to timeout I can't help but get the feeling that we might not hear anything from him again, I could be wrong of course, so I have deleted our game rather than claim a timeout.

I think what will happen eventually is that if he doesn't move within a certain amount of time he will end up being removed from the tournament.

The further in to the tournament we go, the less practical it will be to replace inactive players, so what may happen is that his games will be discounted and the space he occupied in his group will go empty.

That being said, we haven't reached that point yet, and I don't think he is the only participant in need of a replacement, so we may see a couple of new players coming in very soon.

ACfishing you haven't moved in 5 days!

* Waves to all *

Remind me again. Those little horse things. What do they do?

:innocent:

:lol: Welcome aboard Tiggs

TiggsUM has now replaced Kyoquadan in group D. :tu:

* Waves to all *

Remind me again. Those little horse things. What do they do?

:innocent:

*knights may only move one space at a time and only forward. If knights are controlled by rev r they may move anywhere on the board even if they have been captured by the opposing player*

-source: official Intergalactic Chess Federation ruling.

welcome to the fray.

Welcome aboard, Tiggs. Game started and your move. Hope you stick around. We haven't had much luck in Group D, keeping players around. Maybe I frightened them off, lol.

Welcome aboard, Tiggs. Game started and your move. Hope you stick around. We haven't had much luck in Group D, keeping players around. Maybe I frightened them off, lol.

Nah you're just being paranoid.

Gambit420 hasn't moved in almost two weeks and has timed out of several games, he has now been replaced by Arbiter22.

Welcome to the tournament and good luck. :tu:

Oh, it's on.

(I suck at chess, may you kick my ass mercifully :P)

Hey all, I got some down time from uni for a couple of days, and there's a couple of spare slots in my profile, so if anyone's up for a game, feel free to make a challenge. I need some practice.

I won't be able to make my move until tomorrow, but you can start up if you like :tu:

~ PA

Burnside and Thistlle,.. You both drive a good hard game

in other words.....@#$%$^&*@$% :w00t:

Zombiedog :wacko:

Thistlie killed me, and you're doing a damn fine job this game yourself!