Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

General tournament discussion

Saru

Bardude, if I were truely evil I could claim a timeout right now :lol:

That would be evil :devil: But then we'd never find out who'll win this nailbiter of a game we've got going...

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• Paranoid Android

• Talon

• Subtemperate

The overall tournament progress has now been added to the top scoresheet, as of this moment we have completed 75 out of 120 matches for round one, which means we have 45 left to go.

Bardude I've offered you a draw, I really can't see a win in this for either of this the way its going (i.e. I can't afford a queen exchange, and you can't afford not to keep on top of her with yours)

Agreed, good game though. Felt decidedly claustrophobic through most of it as we only used half the board.

Good luck in the next round, although I'm sure you won't need it :tu:

Unfortunately I must abdicate my position in the tournament.

I recentally suffered a rather serious injury and between rehab and painkillers I doubt I can provide a reasonable challenge to anyone.

My apologies

Very sorry to hear that :(

Here's wishing you all the best and speedy recovery.

You're last game has actually just timed out so you'd completed all your games for round one anyway. Thanks for taking part. :tu:

I'm free for a practise game while we're waiting for the next round to begin, if anyone's interested...

We've now got only 25 matches left to go in round one, so everyone who hasn't finished all their games yet should be getting their last few remaining matches completed. :tu:

I'm in the endgame of my last match right now. Judging by how long it's taking between moves, I've calculated a checkmate by me in 3 weeks (sorry, but it's 20+ moves til I have the arsenal to beat him, and it's pretty much taking right on 24 hours per move). My opponent is holding out hopes for a stalemate. Good luck :tu:

Edited by Paranoid Android

Thanks to the nailbiting group D games and the closeness of its scores, I've managed to get a seeded place with 2nd place in my group and 19 points. Thanks Group D :tu:

Glad we could be of help. Now, the organizers could really repay that generosity with not seeding us with Saru, Talon or Barman (and perhaps John343, haven't really checked out his games yet) :D

Group D is insanely close - I think that reflects the high level of quality of players within the group overall.

My condolences to whoever doesn't qualify from the group - I'm sure that, in any other group, they'd easily be through to the second stage.

I predict that Round 2 may well be very interesting - I don't think that being seeded is going to guarantee an easy place in the final round, by any means.

Group D is insanely close - I think that reflects the high level of quality of players within the group overall.

My condolences to whoever doesn't qualify from the group - I'm sure that, in any other group, they'd easily be through to the second stage.

I predict that Round 2 may well be very interesting - I don't think that being seeded is going to guarantee an easy place in the final round, by any means.

Okay, that's got me interested. Tiggs! You - ME! Practice match NOW! :devil:

... please

:huh:

Absolutely, Talon - I'll try and make your obliteration of me as interesting as possible for you...

Well change those 3 weeks to 3 days :blush: Found a time when we were both online at the same time. I guess I'm jus an insomniac :D

Just like to add that I am finishng this Tourney all the way through.

Man, i've had some great games so far!

Same here Im with Burnside, I will play as long as Im alive here so wheres the SilverThong

?

Im haveing fun thus far. :D

Thanks for keeping me

Abecrombie

I've got a slot free if anyone wants a practice game? I must warn you though, I've been reading up on the game a little in recent times. It's a leaner, meaner PA ready to take on the world :D

^Challenge met :tu: I'll try and make your demolition of me as interesting as possible.

*hell, I'm just a sucker for punishment, aren't I*

I'll be happy to play anyone here, as we await tournament 4. I missed 2 and 3, gotta make sure and get in next time.

Just send a challenge to KBAchess

Edited by KBA