Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

General tournament discussion

Saru

I dunno about that last. I just checked the most recent match between chaoszerg vs dowdy, and the result leaves both chaoszerg and dowdy tied for third place in Group A

Edited by Paranoid Android

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• Link of Hyrule

• Talon

• Subtemperate

Looks like we may need to have a decider for that match between the two of them, if that does go ahead then it will need to be as quick as possible, so it will probably have a very low timeout on it.

I'm working on getting that set up now.

Sorry folk i have been having trouble with the chess website trying to get it to load up. So it has been taking me a while to play Dowdy but i have sorted the problem and now am ready to DESTROY HIM BUWHAHAHAHAHA!!! Im ready when you are Dowdy we will have our decider match.

* puts on best highlander voice*

There can only be one

Edited by chaoszerg

Urg, finally I've found a way to stop getting messages from Max Cady. In case anyone else didn't know, there is an ignore list alongside the Buddy list. Thats been what? 11 days I have been receiving 'you suck', 'your a cheater', 'I'm so good you can't have won fair', 'your Mr EGO', 'that was a bad move you loser', 'your the worst player EVER', etc etc messages 2 to 3 a day, and I stopped replying to him after the second day

Edited by Talon

Max Cady sounds like someone they could well do without on there.

Im ready when you are Dowdy we will have our decider match.

Dowdy has also said he's ok to go ahead with a decider, i've tossed a coin to see which side will play which colour - Dowdy will be white and you will be black. I've asked Dowdy to start the match with a timebank of 0 and a timeout of 1 day, to make it as quick a match as possible.

Good luck. :tu:

Urg, finally I've found a way to stop getting messages from Max Cady. In case anyone else didn't know, there is an ignore list alongside the Buddy list. Thats been what? 11 days I have been receiving 'you suck', 'your a cheater', 'I'm so good you can't have won fair', 'your Mr EGO', 'that was a bad move you loser', 'your the worst player EVER', etc etc messages 2 to 3 a day, and I stopped replied to after the second day

"ouch what a tirdmuffin "

If my two matches are holding up the tornie couldn't we just say one win to me one to her...?

Still if anyone wants to play feel free to challenge me looking for something to do :D

If you win a single game against Ashley then you'll qualify to go through as she won't be able to overtake you, so really it's just down to finishing the game you've got going just now.

As far as the tournament is concerned overall, the main match we're waiting for is the Dowdy vs Chaoszerg rematch, in group B, John343 will go through no matter what and the games in group C are very nearly completed.

So really we're quite close to completing round one, round two shouldn't be long now. :tu:

Still if anyone wants to play feel free to challenge me looking for something to do :D
I'll take you up on that. I'm trying to get a chance to play everyone I might meet next round - you know, scout them out, lol.

Good luck in our little friendly match

Urg, finally I've found a way to stop getting messages from Max Cady. In case anyone else didn't know, there is an ignore list alongside the Buddy list. Thats been what? 11 days I have been receiving 'you suck', 'your a cheater', 'I'm so good you can't have won fair', 'your Mr EGO', 'that was a bad move you loser', 'your the worst player EVER', etc etc messages 2 to 3 a day, and I stopped replying to him after the second day

Not sure why, but this makes me want to play this guy lol. I'm gonna challenge him to a match.

I looked at his profile, and this is what it said:

"Hi. I' easy to beat because i'm always distracted. So even if i'm for exemple 1400, i' sometimes 1000. Easy points..."

Edited by Opus Magnus

this 'max cady' seems like a real douche. we should all team up and send him like 200000 messages to tell him that. maybe that would get him over his egotistical crap. or just all challenge him to chess games to prove he sucks (well at least you guys because i suck...)

Well I just resigned against him. He had me beaten; I could have made it last another 20 turns or so, but he would have gotten the win. Far better player second time around; first time around I beat him easily but this time I just couldn't seem to do anything to harm his position - so it seems all his screaming, insulting, and accusations actually made him a better player. (although my official response will be it 'threw me off my game'... yeah, that sounds much better :yes: )

Pitty he's just a bad a winner as he is a poor loser. I'm glad I don't have to see whatever messages he's been trying to send me since I resigned.

Edited by Talon

...and I just lost another game tp PA's friend... I'm seriously getting my a$$ kicked these days :wacko:

I had to give up on my match with Dowdy so Dowdy wins. I keep having difficulties loading up the site most the time. I thought i had the problem fixed but it still continues so i give up. Good luck Dowdy against everyone else.

...and I just lost another game tp PA's friend... I'm seriously getting my a$$ kicked these days :wacko:
Don't feel bad. He's of International Grandmaster status (he's beaten many of them, at least). You made a good account of yourself though. Gave him pause for thought quite a few time though. He doesn't have the internet (hence why we used my account to play the game), so he can't play this all the time, and with his wife being sick, he can't go out to chess clubs or anything, so to play a competitive game was immensely enjoyable for him.

Though it does look good on my account: ParanoidAndroid (black) {wins} vs TalonS (white)...... If only I could do it myself. Maybe he can play for me next round :rofl:

I had to give up on my match with Dowdy so Dowdy wins. I keep having difficulties loading up the site most the time. I thought i had the problem fixed but it still continues so i give up. Good luck Dowdy against everyone else.
RHP occasionally goes through periods where it just won't load. These periods can last for a few hours at a time. Are you sure the problem was with you? I'm not sure you needed to give up because of this matter.

what kind of internet do you have?

Talon, you can challenge me and get your dignity back. My RHP username is Opus Magnus.

We are now waiting for just one game to complete before we can proceed to round two, which shouldn't be very long finishing by the looks of things, any day now.

Once the result is confirmed, the round two groups will be set up. If you have qualified for round two, I'll be sending you a PM with details of which group you are going to be in. At that point a new scoreboard will be put up and the matches for round two will be able to get started.

The top scoring players from round one will be 'seeded' in to seperate groups, and the rest of the qualifying players will then be randomly allocated the remaining places in those groups.

Crikey! :blink: You've lost your mojo! This is a very very rare event, I think it should be officially noted :yes:. At this rate I will be able to beat you. :lol:

RHP occasionally goes through periods where it just won't load. These periods can last for a few hours at a time. Are you sure the problem was with you? I'm not sure you needed to give up because of this matter.

It is happening very often so thats why i have given up it will only be a pain for evryone when it comes to my games so it's best to call it quits. My connection is broadband and is 10Mb connection but i have no problems with other sites just that chess one. Oh well may the best man or girl win out of all of ou. :tu:

Crikey! You've lost your mojo! This is a very very rare event, I think it should be officially noted . At this rate I will be able to beat you.

you may just :hmm:

I've actually got 5 games going right now, so unfortunately I won't be able to play all my games right away. I'm close to finishing one or two of them, so it shouldn't be too long, but just a heads up so you know. Cheers :)